X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    Anyone hear anything about Ingoldsby lately? I haven't heard anything since it was reported awhile back that he would miss at least the first half of the season (just about done) and that he wasn't enrolled for the fall semester (over with).
    Strictly a guess because I have not heard anything, but I would be pleasantly surprised if he was back this season.

Comment

Ken Schott reports that Kevin Sullivan is banged up and may not play this weekend.
      http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...ridays-game-a/

Comment

Anyone hear anything about Ingoldsby lately? I haven't heard anything since it was reported awhile back that he would miss at least the first half of the season (just about done) and that he wasn't enrolled for the fall semester (over with).
        He has been cleared to return to class this semester but hasnt been cleared for any exercise at all. I dont think we will see him this season if he hasnt gotten cleared for light exercise yet. thats all ive heard

Comment

How does everyone here feel about this upcoming weekend? CC's ice is 200x100, so good thing Union has had two games this year on the wide ice.

CC has gone 4-1 in December while Denver is 2-3.

CC has four NHL draftees, including 2011 first rounder Jaden Schwartz, who has 18 points in 13 contests. Schwartz will not be seen this weekend since he's with Canada in the World Juniors.

Denver has 9 NHL draftees, including Beau Bennett, a first rounder in 2010. But Bennett, who has 13 points in 10 games, had wrist surgery a couple weeks ago and will miss several more weeks. Jason Zucker, Denver's leader in goals and co-leader in points, won't be playing. He's with Team USA in the World Juniors. John Ryder, who the Denver Post dubbed Denver's "best stay-at-home defenseman and biggest hitter" is also likely out (leg). Adam Murray, a goalie who has appeared in 9 games for Denver, probably will be out as well (groin). But his replacement, Juho Olkinuora, actually has better numbers on the year.

Comment

if union plays like they did against merrimack they'll have a great shot at winning both nights. meaning if they show up for all 3 periods, continue with solid defense and goaltending, and keep putting pucks on net. they seem to be doing very well with away games, maybe since this is the farthest they've traveled this year they'll play the best they have this year.

if they don't play hard, i think its safe to assume denver and cc will take advantage.

Comment

I think the Merrimack game was probably Union's best overall effort of the season to date, really the first time they played 3 solid periods against a quality opponent. Despite the issues with both DU and CC that were mentioned above, they are going to have to do much the same against both foes to have a chance to be successful. In addition to the larger ice surface at CC, I'm wondering how the altitude might effect the team? Obviously other visiting teams deal with the same issues so Union will have to adapt. One thing I'm pretty sure about is that the Coach won't use it as an excuse. Union's road warrior mentality will have to be front and center as these are probably the two toughest back to back road games that they will have played, rivaling the upcoming Cornell Colgate trip.

Comment

Both games will be very tough . A split would be solid+. Denver has a ton of team speed and skill, just seems to play hard one night, not so the next.
                RB will have them ready but let me assure you of one thing, I am an MC fan but these are not MC type teams, much faster, deeper etc. Only thing they do not have is MC 's golaie. Other than that, night and day

Comment

Union has a shot to win both games, but Denver seems more vulnerable right now. 4 points would be great, but I agree with hokydad... a split would have to be seen as a success.

Union isn't afraid to play the best, says Mike Cioffi of The Troy Record.

Comment

So are any Union fans coming out for this one?

Would love to have a pint with a few of you! Will be around the arena at around 530 or 6pm tomorrow night.
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Union has a shot to win both games, but Denver seems more vulnerable right now. 4 points would be great, but I agree with hokydad... a split would have to be seen as a success.

Union isn't afraid to play the best, says Mike Cioffi of The Troy Record.
                      Thats for sure, my favorite team to watch so far this year.

Just keep in mind that Denver is not MC, much deeper, much faster but plays hot and cold. Just hope to catch them on one of their so called cold days

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Thats for sure, my favorite team to watch so far this year.

Just keep in mind that Denver is not MC, much deeper, much faster but plays hot and cold. Just hope to catch them on one of their so called cold days
                        Denver has the consistency of a teenager's dating life at the moment.
                        Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                        www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Heard Stevens will be starting tomorrow against Denver just what I heard i guess we will have to see when the line chart comes out tomorrow. Hopefully he isnt but time will tell

Comment

I have a lot of faith in Stevens, so I think we should be in good hands with him. @ForgsUhockey - you've sure been a great source of information this year that hasn't been seen elsewhere yet. You had the bit about .Bodie being out a few weeks ago before anyone in the media.

Schott has posted a new video notebook that addresses Ingoldsby and Grosenick's previous illness: http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2011/dec/29/913/

Comment

Im trying to figure out a reason why this would happen but it may be because of the elevation change in Colorado I know Carr mentioned something about needing a new lung on twitter which i thought was funny. Hopefully if Stevens is playing he brings his A game and we get a win tomorrow. No problem just trying to fill ya guys in on news.

Comment

stevens will be great in time but in 2 ooc games as important as these i think we should go with grosenick.

Comment

Working...
                                X