X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    So that's it? Has beating RPI become so old hat that there's no buzz here?
    I was actually impressed that beating the last place team suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Oops.

Trust me, we never thought twice about beating last place Union for 15 years. You'll get used to it, but probably not.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      I was actually impressed that beating the last place team suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Oops.

Trust me, we never thought twice about beating last place Union for 15 years. You'll get used to it, but probably not.
      They won't have enough time to get used to it.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

So has RPI become the "old" Union?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          They won't have enough time to get used to it.
          Right you are.. 8 years of domination is not enough
          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

So has RPI become the "old" Union?
            *looks to the last time we were in this situation, or at least darn close to it, and looks at the March record*

No.

Comment

I really am not a fan of the "OOC" meetings between U and RPI. I think it diminishes the intensity of the meetings somewhat.

Comment

I really am not a fan of the "OOC" meetings between U and RPI. I think it diminishes the intensity of the meetings somewhat.
                Familiarity breeds contempt.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Schott reports that the Union-Merrimack game will be shown live on FOX College Sports Atlantic. Gametime is 4 PM Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    *looks to the last time we were in this situation, or at least darn close to it, and looks at the March record*

No.
                    Not even close to that situation......this year is unique.....record setting to be exact!
                    Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                      Not even close to that situation......this year is unique.....record setting to be exact!
                      Oh right, we were 3-12-1. Not even close indeed.

Comment

Union is tied for 20th in the latest PWR and has played only 4 TUCs with a record of 1-0-3. Based on present rankings all 4 of the next opponents are TUCs, Merrimack, Denver, CC, and Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Oh right, we were 3-12-1. Not even close indeed.
                          It wasn't.......that was a bigger tie than you think!!!
                          Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Will December define Union's season? If the the Dutchman were to lose their remaining December games to three of the country's best teams, certainly their current ranking would be invalidated not to mention the intrusion of doubt concerning the second half of the season. On the other hand we have seen that there are really few favorites on any given night. It is the hallmark of college hockey that parity reigns almost from top to bottom. Just take a look at some of this Fall's results. Union will have a tall order should they start their ECAC winter schedule with the stigma of of three loses to Merrimack, CC, and DU. Yet three victories (or two out of three) would be jet fuel for the Dutchmen, who have shown signs of brilliance along with some inevitable lapses.
                            The early season question mark about goaltending has been largely answered by the very capable performance of Troy Grosenick. On the subject of Nate Leaman's departure Rick Bennett has done a great job and will, no doubt, eventually forge his own reputation as a winning coach. Predicting the outcome of this season is more hazardous than predicting the number of hurricanes to hit U.S. shores. Those guys just quit.
                            Will December define Union's season? Tough to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami Ice View Post
                              Will December define Union's season? If the the Dutchman were to lose their remaining December games to three of the country's best teams, certainly their current ranking would be invalidated not to mention the intrusion of doubt concerning the second half of the season. On the other hand we have seen that there are really few favorites on any given night. It is the hallmark of college hockey that parity reigns almost from top to bottom. Just take a look at some of this Fall's results. Union will have a tall order should they start their ECAC winter schedule with the stigma of of three loses to Merrimack, CC, and DU. Yet three victories (or two out of three) would be jet fuel for the Dutchmen, who have shown signs of brilliance along with some inevitable lapses.
                              The early season question mark about goaltending has been largely answered by the very capable performance of Troy Grosenick. On the subject of Nate Leaman's departure Rick Bennett has done a great job and will, no doubt, eventually forge his own reputation as a winning coach. Predicting the outcome of this season is more hazardous than predicting the number of hurricanes to hit U.S. shores. Those guys just quit.
                              Will December define Union's season? Tough to say.
                              The Iceman cometh.

Comment

Theo DiPauli of the Chicago Steel (USHL) to Union according to Chris Heisenberg.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X