Minnesota State @ RPI - 10/7/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State @ RPI - 10/7/11

Time to see if the RPI Freshmen can skate with the Palins... er I mean the Mavericks. I'm feeling hopey changey about it!

Re: Minnesota State @ RPI - 10/7/11

2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            25-26- 7 57 points  .491
    Ralph Baer        20-23- 8 48 points  .471
    engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-13- 1 15 points  .357
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 6- 0  6 points  .333
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-07-2011, 06:06 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      Time to see if the RPI Freshmen can skate with the Palins... er I mean the Mavericks. I'm feeling hopey changey about it!
      Thanks for starting the thread. I didn't want to start two in a row.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm here for tonight. Let's have a good game!

Comment

I will be at the game tonight. Hope to meet a number of posters at the field house.

LETS GO RED!!!!!!!
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Thanks for starting the thread. I didn't want to start two in a row.
            Any time Herr Baer. If I recall correctly, you've subscribed to the internet feed again this year... if so how is the quality this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Any time Herr Baer. If I recall correctly, you've subscribed to the internet feed again this year... if so how is the quality this year?

It seemed somewhat better than last year, but then I remembered that I have a better monitor. One good thing was it didn't crap out even once. A bad thing was that it was over a minute behind the WRPI feed.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It seemed somewhat better than last year, but then I remembered that I have a better monitor. One good thing was it didn't crap out even once. A bad thing was that it was over a minute behind the WRPI feed.
                I suggest the letter writing campaign start now to get them to stream the games in-house next year. If we wait til the end of the season they will probably have renewed with America One for another god knows how many years.

Charge the same amount as America One, Institute pockets whatever their current take is (I'm assuming not very much) and the rest goes to RPITV for equipment upgrades and add'l HD cameras. Seems like a win-win for all involved, to me at least.
                APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                  I suggest the letter writing campaign start now to get them to stream the games in-house next year. If we wait til the end of the season they will probably have renewed with America One for another god knows how many years.

Charge the same amount as America One, Institute pockets whatever their current take is (I'm assuming not very much) and the rest goes to RPITV for equipment upgrades and add'l HD cameras. Seems like a win-win for all involved, to me at least.
                  i have the gut feeling that RPI deals with America One because they broadcast all sports, even though probably, besides for men's hockey and perhaps football, only friends and family watch the others. Would America One be willing to give up the sport that gives them most of their income from RPI and still transmit the rest? I doubt that RPI-TV has staff to film all sports.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

i have the gut feeling that RPI deals with America One because they broadcast all sports, even though probably, besides for men's hockey and perhaps football, only friends and family watch the others. Would America One be willing to give up the sport that gives them most of their income from RPI and still transmit the rest? I doubt that RPI-TV has staff to film all sports.
                    Considering A1 is just a middleman thief and takes the RPI-TV broadcasts for their own profit, I'd say dump them. The only disadvantage would be that if RPI were to have a televised game with Time Warner, negotiations would have to be made to run those over the web, whereas with A1 they simply use the TW feed. Either that, or sell the feed to whomever wishes to broadcast, and we just play in the style of adding commercial breaks.

Comment

Someone is filming the games now; I would think the main tricky part would be creating the infrastructure to get the video onto the network which I assume is currently being done through a laptop on the network at any given event already. RPITV would need a similar setup to America One to collect the video from the event and stream it over the web. Once that was in place there wouldn't really be an additional manpower demand as RPITV wouldn't have to physically send a crew to every game.

I believe that other than football and hockey, the other sports are a single camera angle affair with one person running the camera and the comptuer both. Most of the time by someone within the athletic dept or team staff. The only reason such a large crew is needed at hockey and football is because they have multiple camera angles, replays, titles, play-by-play, etc.
                      APBWiki

Comment

Should also be here tonight-we will learn a lot about what we have in the next 2 days. Any update on the injuries? i do not expect to see merriam tonight but fully expect haggerty back in the line up. This one should certainly be a tad physical and we will get a chance to see how we stack up against an opponent that finishes their checks.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I totally agree, the picture quality was a little better, but the best part was no interuptions (buffering) during the entire game. I could not say that in any game in years past.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I totally agree, the picture quality was a little better, but the best part was no interuptions (buffering) during the entire game. I could not say that in any game in years past.
                            I wonder how that will hold up once the season gets into full swing and A1 is webcasting multiple games at once.

Comment

After reading this, I am not sure what we can learn from playing MSU. They were very good defensively last season, but lost three of their top defensmen to graduation. Not much offense last season.
                              It is the kind of weekend that can only hurt us.

http://www.uscho.com/2011/10/07/minn...g-close-games/

What do the rest of you think?
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X