Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
    Hokydad is a moron. Did the Blackhawks inform you of their love. You are an idiot. You lose all credibility with asinine comments.
    I don't know what is asinine? Schaller is a big body that has flourished under Leaman. Maybe Tim Army was holding him back from reaching his potential?

Just keep saying PC isn't any good as they continue to beat teams they "aren't supposed to"....
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Just keep saying PC isn't any good as they continue to beat teams they "aren't supposed to"....
      I don't think anyone said PC isn't any good. I think we're just all bitterly disappointed with how bad we are. The expectations were higher.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post

Agree that Sneddon's part of the problem. How can the team be so consistently unprepared to play good hockey? Or to play with effort?
        My concern with Sneddon is his teams and players don't seem to improve and develop over a season or career under his leadership. I don't know what the issue is with his coaching???? At times his teams look great but a lot of times things never gel.......That combined with a number of early departures or removals from the team make me wonder if he is the guy for the job? It might just be time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
          My concern with Sneddon is his teams and players don't seem to improve and develop over a season or career under his leadership. I don't know what the issue is with his coaching???? At times his teams look great but a lot of times things never gel.......That combined with a number of early departures or removals from the team make me wonder if he is the guy for the job? It might just be time for a change.
          I don't want to use the Q word but some of the players seemed to QUIT on the team over the weekend. Sneddon said that the senior goalie was at fault on Friday night for the loss. So he changes goalies for Saturday night. The same issues presented themselves with big rebounds and defensemen just letting pucks hang around the net.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I have to agree with this comment. It seems as if the players on past teams did not develop like like the could have. Have to wonder why. But then it is not a unique situation. Sometimes it is a hard to see other situations but it seems to me that players at BU have similar issues. Also, the past 2-3 years, the same could be said for the Minnesota Gophers program. Same rap.

A lot of times I have to believe it is partlly the fault of the players for the lack of development. Some players get to this level and then stop working hard on their games. They basically just start coasting. Problem is when this happens, the coaches can't do anything about it....it is not like they can call someone up from the "farm" team....
            Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

I don't think anyone said PC isn't any good. I think we're just all bitterly disappointed with how bad we are. The expectations were higher.
              Thank you, I was just trying to get the point across that we look bad, no so much how bad Providence is, clearly they are better than us, I am dissapointed how poor we looked playing an unranked team, that's all I meant, did not mean to insult Providence, they look much better than last season. I am frutsrated about how the weekennd turned out, I would have put up the same post had we played any other unranked team. Not trying to knock Schaller, again, I am just dissapointed how our defence played letting people get rebounds and stand in front of our net, he is a fine player, just was trying to say he is not a "5 point weekend a guy", it was a knock on our defence and how poor we played....nothing to do with him or Providence!

Comment

You all had better believe madore will bounce back. Right now he's ranked second to last in GAA in the country and last in sv. %age. This kid showed what he's capable of, he's just got to shake off the pressure and face that whats done is done.

Comment

With that said, if this weekend doesn't result in at least a point.....that's a scary thought
                  Last edited by uschokid; 11-07-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

What is a scary thought is that this program made the FF three seasons ago and the NCAA tournament the year before last and now they are destined for last in HE this year. how does that happen? They arguably have more talent today than they did when they were finishing 6th or better in HE a few years back but no chemistry to show for it. I was always annoyed with Gilligan for not turning the MSL/Perron/TT years into a top contender program. But this might be worse.

Hopefully they have the crap out of their system. They need to make a few bounces and get on a roll. The team that beat UM has to be in there somewhere and Sneddon is better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by observer85 View Post
                      I have to agree with this comment. It seems as if the players on past teams did not develop like like the could have. Have to wonder why. But then it is not a unique situation. Sometimes it is a hard to see other situations but it seems to me that players at BU have similar issues. Also, the past 2-3 years, the same could be said for the Minnesota Gophers program. Same rap.

A lot of times I have to believe it is partlly the fault of the players for the lack of development. Some players get to this level and then stop working hard on their games. They basically just start coasting. Problem is when this happens, the coaches can't do anything about it....it is not like they can call someone up from the "farm" team....
                      Well, the Bruins started out awful with essentially the same personnel and now seem to have turned it around. Let's hope the Cats can do the same. It is still early with a lot of hockey left to be played. I've got my fingers crossed.

Comment

I've got my fingers crossed.
                        I wish that were more reassuring.

Comment

I am getting that DeJa Vu feeling. I REALLY hope it's just a lack of chemistry, and not year of dysfunction.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                            I am getting that DeJa Vu feeling. I REALLY hope it's just a lack of chemistry, and not year of dysfunction.
                            MSL Fan, curious what you mean by "dysfunction." Dysfunction seems to suggest factors other than lack of talent. What would some of those be? I know in general you're a pretty big fan of Sneddon--what are your thoughts on him at the moment?

Comment

MSL Fan, curious what you mean by "dysfunction." Dysfunction seems to suggest factors other than lack of talent. What would some of those be? I know in general you're a pretty big fan of Sneddon--what are your thoughts on him at the moment?
                              Yes, I am a big fan of Coach Sneddon. I am just pretty surprised that Kevin has been so visibly upset, and verbal about the start of the season. Normally he turns negatives into "teaching moments" and always finds the best in whatever happens on the ice. Six games in, he seems extremely frustrated. Something he generally does not show to the public/media. I hope it's just being used for motivation. I am sure he was prepared for "growing pains" and to me, he is reacting to more than "growing pains" I guess time will tell.
                              Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

So with a long week of practice, who do you think will be between the pipes vs UNH ? Has Madore worked his way out of the doghouse? ( my perception) Vazzano made some really nice saves last week, but still let in a 5 spot. (not all his fault). I have to be honest, I did not see a goalie rotation this season. I have to believe that Madore will retake the starting jobs at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X