Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-12 Vermont Season Thread (Vezina & Conn Smyth trophy edition)

It is am interesting situation. At this point, I think "being in the doghouse" does not fit the "build for next year" plan. Either they have confidence in Alex becoming a starter, or they don't. Winning a few games with Rob in net may be good morale boost, but if Alex is the starter next season, no one will believe in his ability unless he has some success to back it up.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Finally finished all of the Frozen Fenway photos
      Uploaded game and scenic shots

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
        Either they have confidence in Alex becoming a starter, or they don't.
        I really don't think they have that confidence. Otherwise, with the way Madore has struggled this year, they would have given him a lot more playing time. I think they gave him just enough PT to figure out he's not our guy going forward.

Comment

Sort of thinking the same thing..............Although he has not played enough to give him a full shot at passing/failing.
          I think the doghouse has prevented any talent from shining through.

Comment

Go Cats Go! Right.....? Anyone.....? I'm going to predict an upset here and say the Cats win tonight 3-2. Could be the beginning of an unprecedented roll that ends with our first national championship! Who's with me?!?!?

Comment

No one....

Comment

Originally posted by Little Ball of Hate View Post
                No one....
                LOL, funny. Well, I was close, they had a 3-2 lead at one point. They must have played pretty well but, like most games these past two seasons, came up with a big goose egg for points. Bummer.....

Comment

Unfortunately I think UVM has been relegated to the ECAC's "Brown Rule" where they have to prove to us that they can show signs of being capable to win a game before anyone can honestly pick them over another team.
                  Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                  National Champions 1992, 2001
                  21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                  National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                  Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Penn State unveils its design for a new hockey arena. Looks pretty amazing.

http://www.uscho.com/2012/01/20/penn...ula-ice-arena/

Anyone care to guess how many new hockey facilities have been built by D-1 schools in the last 3-5 years? I don't know, but I would think it's got to be easily around 10 or 12. All these other schools are doing it despite the economy, but we can't. Why?

Comment

Bottom line is........ The donors with the $$$$$$$$$$ are not into sports. UVM has many expensive new buildings, but they are geared toward environmental and sustainability type issues The folks with the big bucks are into that kind of thing. We need a guy like Tarrent who has the money, and would love to have his name on a rink!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                        Bottom line is........ The donors with the $$$$$$$$$$ are not into sports. UVM has many expensive new buildings, but they are geared toward environmental and sustainability type issues The folks with the big bucks are into that kind of thing. We need a guy like Tarrent who has the money, and would love to have his name on a rink!
                        Yeah, you're probably right. Maybe someone could design a facility that a wealthy Vermont environmentalist would be happy to have their name on. For example, building materials containing post-consumer recycled content, powered by solar energy, composting toilets, etc.

Comment

That would be our best bet! I am an adult student at UVM and walked by the new environmental building as it was being built, wishing it was a rink!

Comment

Why does Timmy hate Obama?? Seriously, didn't he go to UVM??

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...omas_decl.html
                            UPDATE: Thomas has issued the following statement: "I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers [ sic ] vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

Comment

Originally posted by toronto_1 View Post
                              why does timmy hate obama?? Seriously, didn't he go to uvm??

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...omas_decl.html
                              update: Thomas has issued the following statement: "i believe the federal government has grown out of control, threatening the rights, liberties, and property of the people. This is being done at the executive, legislative, and judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the constitution and the founding fathers [ sic ] vision for the federal government. Because i believe this, today i exercised my right as a free citizen, and did not visit the white house. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice i had to make as an individual."

I love tim thomas. He talks about how he listens to glenn beck. Love him. Finally an athlete who gets it. He can say its not about politics or party, but his first sentence is exactly what BO is doing as president. Did i say i love time thomas?

Comment

Obviously, as a UVM alum, I like Tim Thomas a lot, but I thought he missed the mark with his decision not to attend. Even if it wasn't about politics, as he claimed, it's still the office of the President of the United States of America--show a little respect. Just my humble opinion. I'm sure others have theirs.

Comment

Working...
                                X