SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Colgate has had a very hard time at Appleton, been a few years since they won there I think.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
      Colgate has had a very hard time at Appleton, been a few years since they won there I think.
      Yes. I have a hard time understanding how you can think of us as the toughest of the 2 games when we've only won twice at Appleton in the last 15 years. You should consider us the easiest of the two.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
        Yes. I have a hard time understanding how you can think of us as the toughest of the 2 games when we've only won twice at Appleton in the last 15 years. You should consider us the easiest of the two.
        Easy. Of the two, you have a better team (or at least the team SLU looks weaker playing against), and you have the top goal scorer in the country.
        Last edited by TimU; 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Who starts in goal for 'gate on Friday is the interesting question. Emerging as potential soft spot on an otherwise impressive and experienced Don V squad.

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
            Who starts in goal for 'gate on Friday is the interesting question. Emerging as potential soft spot on an otherwise impressive and experienced Don V squad.
            Mihalik no doubt. Played a strong game against Yale last weekend, can hardly blame him for his performance against Brown given that he came in relief, the fact that he was able to stop the bleeding by producing a scoreless second period for the Bears was a bit impressive, the third period not withstanding, plus he has never played in Appleton, which given the way the series has gone there in the last decade or so, it can only help.
            Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
              We had three freshmen on top two lines at Lynah in November and almost came out of there with a win. I'm penciling in 2 pts vs a tough - though I think somewhat over rated - Cornell team.
              Colgate is bigger challenge. You know they are going to score and I think I read they have more seniors than any other team in the league. Hopefully we pot one early and get them on their heels.
              Go Saints. BELIEVE!
              Although I'm not predicting the winner, it is amusing for SLU supporters to be "penciling" in 2 pts. Just remember that when the two teams last met Cornell had five freshmen attackmen and one freshman defenseman playing. The current KRACH is Cornell 146.8, SLU 68.6. Perhaps a little humility would be wiser than chutzpah. Even at Appleton, it would be best not to underestimate "overrated" Cornell.

GO BIG RED!
              . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

"The current KRACH is Cornell 146.8, SLU 68.6." Further evidence of how overrated they are.
                BUT...I'm sure it's gonna be a battle and SLU will have to play a great game to beat Cornell. I somehow think they will....that belief kinda comes with being a fan of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by 40-Year Big Red Fan View Post
                  Although I'm not predicting the winner, it is amusing for SLU supporters to be "penciling" in 2 pts. Just remember that when the two teams last met Cornell had five freshmen attackmen and one freshman defenseman playing. The current KRACH is Cornell 146.8, SLU 68.6. Perhaps a little humility would be wiser than chutzpah. Even at Appleton, it would be best not to underestimate "overrated" Cornell.

GO BIG RED!
                  SLU has played Cornell very tough over the past several years, and we think with the way the team is playing they have a good chance to win. As far as lineups are concerned, SLU was without George Hughes and Flanagan for the 1-0 loss at Lynah. I think this'll be another very good game, and based on recent history I think it's the more obvious opportunity for SLU to get two points on the weekend.

Comment

Bad news--TSN is reporting Rich P will be out of action 4-6 weeks with a knee sprain.

Comment

And the good news: the Saints win again, taking a big 2 points from Colgate. They made me sweat, but pulled out a good win.

Comment

Congrats to Saints, on fire at the right time of season.

Comment

A very tough, hard fought victory. Every time I watch I lose a little respect for them. 2 very obvious attempts to knock Kyle out of the game. Smith may very well win the Hobey but was not even in the top 3 players in this game. Kudos to Essery/Doughtery and Gunnar Hughes for holding Colgate's top line scoreless. This was the key to the win tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by freego View Post
                            .....Kudos to Essery/Doughtery and Gunnar Hughes for holding Colgate's top line scoreless. This was the key to the win tonight.
                            So who do you think is Colgate's top line??? Smith and Wagner get the goals.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Smith's goal was on the powerplay and he was not on the ice for the second Colgate goal.

Comment

Huge win tonight, gotta love this run the boys are on. Special teams has been a force for us lately, and will need to continue if we want to have any success in the playoffs. Currently a 4 point cushion over Dartmouth and Yale, and only 1 point back of Qpac and Clarkson. A bye for the first round is just 2 points ahead of us, currently held by Harvard (who set a new NCAA record with 11 ties now).

Comment

Working...
                                X