SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Hockey 2011-2012

SLU was the team of the week in my (new) blog: brief article here: http://homeathfh.tumblr.com/
    Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM.
    RIT Tigers
    2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
    2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Good writeup on SLU and Princeton on this weeks ECAC preview writeup. Of note, Dewey broke his arm at the Brown game, so gotta think he is done for the season unless they make a deep playoff run. Good thing we are deep on the blueline and have atleast 8 guys who can play back there any given night.

Comment

If you didn't see the game, forget the score and forget almost losing a 4-goal third-period lead. That was as gutsy a win as you could ever hope for. The officiating tonight was absolutely atrocious. SLU battled through it all night long. They played a full period shorthanded (which did NOT reflect what actually was happening on the ice), scored when they had the chance, and hung in there through it all. I've never seen a game called in a more one-sided manner, and the players had to be dead tired after killing all those penalties. Complete train wreck by the officials tonight and SLU persevered.

Nice job guys.

Comment

I agree with everything that Tim says. Plus, when did QU turn so chippy? They were in a bad mood from the opening faceoff!

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
            If you didn't see the game, forget the score and forget almost losing a 4-goal third-period lead. That was as gutsy a win as you could ever hope for. The officiating tonight was absolutely atrocious. SLU battled through it all night long. They played a full period shorthanded (which did NOT reflect what actually was happening on the ice), scored when they had the chance, and hung in there through it all. I've never seen a game called in a more one-sided manner, and the players had to be dead tired after killing all those penalties. Complete train wreck by the officials tonight and SLU persevered.

Nice job guys.
            All I'm going to say,. is that we are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! The NY Football Giants taught me a leasson this year about sports and life.............when they lost about 8 starters to IR in the pre-season, I thought they'd win 2 games and 'win' the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes. When they were 6 and 6, I thought they'd finish 6 and 10. So, I ain't giving up on my Saints.................YOU NEVER KNOW!!

GO SAINTS!
            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Followed the game on line while watching my Alma Mater - UVM - get annihilated by the much despised BC on TV. (Is every college hockey announcer from Boston?) Couldn't believe the number of penalties - what, was there 34 min in all? Knew we would be skating on fumes in the 3rd. Good job for hanging tough and preventing the dreaded game tying goal with seconds left. Good luck against Princeton!

Comment

Very good 4-1 win over Princeton this afternoon. Avoided the 3rd period blues and won going away. Another huge weekend coming up. We will see what we are made of. We picked the perfect time of the year to get hot

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post

Nice job guys.
                  That was beyond bad officiating. Q-pac was chippy and running at guys all night and they called the scoreboard instead of the game. Today wasn't much better. There were at least three calls today that you wouldn't be able to believe watching the tape. The officiating in this league continues to be shameful. That aside, two more good games this week. Some great performances from a number of players....Carey, Martin, Baker, Wick and I thought Essery played well tonight. Another weekend where I didn't think anyone played bad. Didn't have the angle to see if the Baker major was the right call but it sure didn't seem like a major to me and all he was do was getting in the face of a player after the whistle who had just taken some liberties on him. Whatever though, Raley did a nice job of skating through and drawing a penalty to kill 2 minutes and it provided an absolutely beautiful 4-4 goal by Essery with an unbelievable play by both Martin and Austin. Also, talk about night and day difference between Princeton and Q-Pac. Princeton played hard but honest and showed a lot of class and sportsmanship. Q-Pac was all chippy and chirping....I hope the Golden Knights mop the floor with them tonight. I am also pulling for Cornell and Colgate.

Can't say enough about to what Chris Martin brings every night. He works hard, bears down, makes some nice plays and is at 20 points as a freshmen. Nice stuff. Another player who is improving every game is Riley Austin.

Great job Saints! Officials, uhhh, not so much!
                  9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                  1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Wow - what a weekend! Never would have guessed this after the 10-0 weekend blanking in Albany. Glad to see the team playing hard and hope that they can keep the ball rolling. Go SLU!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                      There were at least three calls today that you wouldn't be able to believe watching the tape.
                      It only took 18 seconds to get one. Hughes gets drilled at the edge of the crease and goes to the box for goaltender interference. And how about the Princeton player who made a nice hip check on Chris Martin as Martin was carrying the puck along the boards, and got called for tripping!

Comment

It's some incredible fun backing this team when they play well, isn't it? Can't even imagine how good the guys feel in the locker room, hopefully they keep the train rolling next weekend in 2 huge games. We can finish anywhere from 2nd to 12th depending on the results of these next 4 games, so as many points as we can get will only help our cause.

Comment

Another great weekend for the Saints! Maybe the best news is that I talked to Coach Marsh at the game the other day and he was doing great. Looked great, sounded great and said he was feeling good. He was very fired up about the team's play as of late and his play by play he was doing while watching the game was awesome!

This is the first time I have talked to him in awhile and was very surprised to see how good he was. I was the one the other week who said word in town was that he was done because I had been told that by people directly linked to the athletic department at SLU. From my interaction with Coach Marsh at the game, I now have a very hard time believing that he has coached his last game at SLU.

Let's Go Saints!
                          Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the update. If you run into him again let him know we all wish him well.

Comment

We had three freshmen on top two lines at Lynah in November and almost came out of there with a win. I'm penciling in 2 pts vs a tough - though I think somewhat over rated - Cornell team.
                              Colgate is bigger challenge. You know they are going to score and I think I read they have more seniors than any other team in the league. Hopefully we pot one early and get them on their heels.
                              Go Saints. BELIEVE!

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
                                We had three freshmen on top two lines at Lynah in November and almost came out of there with a win. I'm penciling in 2 pts vs a tough - though I think somewhat over rated - Cornell team.
                                Colgate is bigger challenge. You know they are going to score and I think I read they have more seniors than any other team in the league. Hopefully we pot one early and get them on their heels.
                                Go Saints. BELIEVE!
                                I won't make any predictions here, but I agree. Getting a point against Colgate will be very difficult (but if Brown can score 6 on them, who knows?). Cornell will also be a big challenge, but for whatever reason SLU seems to play them tough, home and away. I won't be a bit surprised if SLU is able to split that series - if they keep up their level of play from the past four games, then whoever shows up at Appleton will have to earn any points they get.

Comment

Working...
                                X