Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson.

(I'd love to Joe, but my phone doesn't mesh with that stuff. Stuck following Twitter/CHN live scoreboard.)
    You forgot your ruby slippers.

Weineger stood on his bleepin head. Now run the table.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      You forgot your ruby slippers.

Weineger stood on his bleepin head. Now run the table.
      I forgot the ruby slippers, and SLU forgot to get ON the bus from Canton. Yeesh, allowing 50 shots to Clarkson isn't a recipe for success. I can definitely see Wenny having to stand on his head to keep SLU in it until the buzzer.

Hoping to see a couple wins next weekend to start things off. Who else is going to be in the CD?

Comment

I think this will be the first time in several/a handful of years that I will not be able to see a SLU/CCT game (unless I get lucky and will be home for any possible playoff game(s)). Really pretty bummed about it, but hopefully the boys come out guns ablazing tomorrow night. They know they can beat this team, without Flanny and Hughes, they just have to go out and execute.

Here is to 2 much needed points.
        Our guns were not ablazing but instead were asputterring all night. 13 SOG isn't a recipe for winning. SLU and trips to Potsdam over the years usually end in a loss, but only 13 SOG for us and 50 SOG by Clarkson - you got to be kidding me.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

I forgot the ruby slippers, and SLU forgot to get ON the bus from Canton. Yeesh, allowing 50 shots to Clarkson isn't a recipe for success. I can definitely see Wenny having to stand on his head to keep SLU in it until the buzzer.

Hoping to see a couple wins next weekend to start things off. Who else is going to be in the CD?
          Forgot to get on the bus??? Hoping to see a couple of wins next weekend??? Who else is going???

In order the responses.

The bus?.....I hope the coaches made them walk back to Canton.

Hoping to see a couple of wins??? Did you look at the standings?? RPI sweeps the weekend? Brown beats Union! We are two points out of last place.

Who else is going?? I probably will but why I have no idea. I guess hope springs eternal.

Watching those two teams play in Lake Placid I could/would never have predicted that we could get outplayed like that. Kudo's to Clarkson for being ready to play. I certainly hope we learn something from tonight. Oh yeah...Kudo's to Wenny because he clearly came to play!!
          Last edited by critsports; 01-21-2012, 10:16 PM.
          SLU

Comment

• Originally posted by critsports View Post
            Forgot to get on the bus??? Hoping to see a couple of wins next weekend??? Who else is going???

In order the responses.

The bus?.....I hope the coaches made them walk back to Canton.

Hoping to see a couple of wins??? Did you look at the standings?? RPI sweeps the weekend? Brown beats Union! We are two points out of last place.

Who else is going?? I probably will but why I have no idea. I guess hope springs eternal.

Watching those two teams play in Lake Placid I could/would never have predicted that we could get outplayed like that. Kudo's to Clarkson for being ready to play. I certainly hope we learn something from tonight. Oh yeah...Kudo's to Wenny because he clearly came to play!!
            I sense a few 'no-pucks practices' in the immediate future for the boys. The bright side? The PP did well, and Wenny played on his head. The dark side? Yes, we're sitting 2 points out of last with a game against RPI next weekend (who just swept Bruno and Eli). However, we DO have games in hand against Princeton (3), Harvard (2) and Qpac (3). This game can be a turning point in the season, for the positive or for the negative. The boys need to look in the mirror and decide how they want to script their season. I still very much feel they can play with ANY team in this league, and beat them on any given night. However, last nights effort was unacceptable, and I'm sure they realize that.

Hope to see you there, Mike.
            Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 01-22-2012, 09:52 AM.

Comment

........ The dark side? Yes, we're sitting 2 points out of first with .......
              Wishful thinking Hp1015 .
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                Wishful thinking Hp1015 .
                Uhhhhh, woops. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Comment

I haven't been following closely... any further word on Coach Marsh?

Comment

My attendance for this upcoming weekend might be shifting to 'game-time decision'. Lot of stuff I might have to get done at home, and planning a trip down to the NYC area for first part of next week. I'm also only home 10 days this time instead of my usual 14, so being gone for 6-7 of those 10 might be stretching it. We'll see how things look for me Friday. I DO want to go, since it could be my last chance until beginning of March, but priorities may have to be the main factor here.

Comment

Well, work made that decision pretty easy. Headed to Houston to take a class I need from Weds-Fri, then flying home after. Maybe I'll get to catch a playoff game or something if I'm lucky.

Comment

Say it isn't so, Joe!

Saw this article today in the Watertown Times.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/a...843/-1/blogs05
                        SLU

Comment

Coach Marsh was a scheduled guest on Ken Schott's radio show this a.m. but had to cancel due to a medical appointment. I was looking forward to hearing from him and I wish him the best. He is a class act all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                            Say it isn't so, Joe!

I saw it too. Joe's retirement, if and when it takes place, is a day that we all dread. My gut tells me, and this is not baased on any discussions with Joe, that said retirement would be announced and take place during an off-season, as I'm virtually certain that Joe would not want the recognition stuff/ceremonies that would take place at opposition arenas throughout a season, even at Clarkson. He will do it his way with little fanfare IMO.

If he does, indeed, opt to retire, he will leave a legacy and then some. He has had a phenominal career and has always done things the right way.

Get well soon, Joe.
                            Last edited by Muskieman; 01-26-2012, 09:51 PM.
                            GO SAINTS.

Comment

Rumor mill around Canton has been heating up lately that Joe is going to retire at the end of this year. Nothing set in stone but that rumor has picked up major steam since Christmas break ended.

Get well soon Joe and hope to see you behind the bench again next year!
                              Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                                Say it isn't so, Joe!

Although this is sad news, I'm sure he will be remembered by everyone who has followed ECAC hockey for the past number of years. I know his legend has certainly earned my respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X