X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Originally posted by W-force View Post
    Per SLU website:
    Tonight's game v Brown has been postponed until Sunday at 4pm due to severe winter weather and power outages affecting Appleton.
    ditto with Yale - Clarkson.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

...assuming the power is back on at Appleton or maybe we'll get to try to watch a game in the dark, anyway go SLU.

Comment

Hard fought tie last night for SLU. IMO thought the Saints moved the puck around very well and Weninger played a solid game in goal. Yale really turned up the heat in overtime and made it a nailbiter. Good luck tonight vs Brown - Go SLU!

Comment

Originally posted by Harp 34 View Post
            Hard fought tie last night for SLU. IMO thought the Saints moved the puck around very well and Weninger played a solid game in goal. Yale really turned up the heat in overtime and made it a nailbiter. Good luck tonight vs Brown - Go SLU!
            Thanks for the update E. While it would have been nice to get the two points I think a tie is a good result as Yale is a solid team. They might not be quite up to the caliber they were the last two years but they certainly are one of the top teams in the ECAC. Nice to also see Carey pot a couple of goals. Maybe the floodgates will now start opening up for him.

Had the opportunity to see both Cornell and Colgate play at Q Pac this weekend. No way Cornell and Colgate are the 9th and 12th ranked teams. Cornell as always is big and plays tough defensive hockey but they appeared thin on offense and their PP did not look good at all. I was a lot more impressed with Colgate than Cornell from a skill standpoint. As good as Austin Smith is......I'd take little Flanny in a heartbeat any day of the week.

Hope to catch you at a game at some point this year E. Say hi to your dad.
            SLU

Comment

Originally posted by W-force View Post
              "While I highly doubt he'll win it..." That's the spirit 1015!
              Of course he won't win it because Saints will be fortunate to end up near .500 and win another game at Appleton, right?

If Flannigan were to just stay on his current scoring pace and the team gets on a roll...who's to say Flannigan doesn't win it?
              This forum used to be a place for inside info and passionate, intersting discourse on Saints puck. It has turned into a burial ground for enthusism and hopes.
              Flanagan currently leads all D1 with an average of 1.71 points per game , so, hey, why not ?

Comment

Hi Mike - will do. I plan on making the Capital district games in a few weeks hope to see ya there.

Comment

I can't believe I paid $8.00 to watch that.

The Saints need to find their December form. Wow.

Comment

BEAT CLARKSON!!!

Have said it before and will say it again, it is very obvious that the aspect we miss most about Joe being out is his fire and will to make his players win. We have great coaches in place as far as knowledge of the game and X's and O's but the team has been playing very tame hockey and cannot finish opponents off. Joe needs to go punch through some paper towel dispensers and light a fire under these guys and quick!
                    Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Lgt lgt lgt lgt
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Lgt lgt lgt lgt
                        Not, not, not, not!!!!

Hope you are well Vic.
                        SLU

Comment

I think this will be the first time in several/a handful of years that I will not be able to see a SLU/CCT game (unless I get lucky and will be home for any possible playoff game(s)). Really pretty bummed about it, but hopefully the boys come out guns ablazing tomorrow night. They know they can beat this team, without Flanny and Hughes, they just have to go out and execute.

Here is to 2 much needed points.

Comment

You're all welcome to the Clarkson Chat room tonight. www.letsgotech.com
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson. Please Beat Clarkson.

(I'd love to Joe, but my phone doesn't mesh with that stuff. Stuck following Twitter/CHN live scoreboard.)

Comment

Yet another one of my selfish neighbors is having a birthday, so no game for me tonight. Feel free to text updates!!!!!

Thanks. Let's go SAINTS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X