Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SLU Hockey 2011-2012

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in a while and I hope everyone is doing well. Big game tonight, huh?

I just wanted to let you all know that I plan to live blog tonight's game with Clarkson and at Lake Placid on Saturday. A colleague informed me of a new blogging tool that allowed you to ask me questions during the broadcast, so those who can't make the game feel free to go to my blog, and type in your questions once the session starts.

http://watertowndailytimes.com/section/blogs05

Good luck to the Saints tonight. They are 7-2-1 against Clarkson the last 10 games in Appleton.

Dan

Comment

Where have all the SLU fans gone.....long time passing??
      Where have all the posters gone.....long time ago.
      Where have all the true fans gone....turnovers and Clarkson picked us everyone.
      When will we ever learn?
      When will we ever, learn?

Sad state of affairs when we have an SLU/Clarkson game and no posters, no comments.

I will be in Lake Placid hoping for a better result....I thought this team had turned a corner but we seem to have regressed. Certainly we are feeling the loss of the two players out but Clarkson was missing a bunch of players as well. Injuries are a part of the game and season.
      See you all in Lake Placid.
      SLU

Comment

One analogy may be that "talk is cheap" or another may be "actions speak louder than words". All BS aside, this is a critical and potentially trendsetting game and nobody knows that more than the guys in scarlet and brown. Besides it's getting harder to get a "hate on" at my age...

Ya I know I put the ball on a tee but no insults are required from you Leckster. LOL

Comment

Good win last night. Nothing like seeing SLU beat Clarkson in Lake Placid. Nice crowd for both schools, too.

I thought the game could have been very different after two periods, both ways. SLU set up a couple of gorgeous back-door passes right at the edge of the crease but missed both of them. At the same time, Weninger made 2 or 3 stellar saves. Clarkson moved the puck well in the SLU zone and got some excellent looks at the net.

St. Lawrence won the third period handily, though. Great to see Carey start to find some space and turn that shot loose a few times, and it was fun to see the freshmen in person for the first time. When Flanagan and Hughes get back, this group could be pretty darn good.

Finally, it was nice to see the TL guys, the hp1015 family, Steve, and Tayt, and catch up with an old friend at the reception. Hope to see everybody again in Burlington.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimU View Post
            Good win last night. Nothing like seeing SLU beat Clarkson in Lake Placid. Nice crowd for both schools, too.

I thought the game could have been very different after two periods, both ways. SLU set up a couple of gorgeous back-door passes right at the edge of the crease but missed both of them. At the same time, Weninger made 2 or 3 stellar saves. Clarkson moved the puck well in the SLU zone and got some excellent looks at the net.

St. Lawrence won the third period handily, though. Great to see Carey start to find some space and turn that shot loose a few times, and it was fun to see the freshmen in person for the first time. When Flanagan and Hughes get back, this group could be pretty darn good.

Finally, it was nice to see the TL guys, the hp1015 family, Steve, and Tayt, and catch up with an old friend at the reception. Hope to see everybody again in Burlington.
            Thou Shalt Be In Burlington unless thy plane crashes heading home, or some other unforeseen event. Looking forward to it, especially because unless I hit the road or get a chance to make playoff game(s), I'm not sure when I'll be able to go again.

Comment

WTG SLU, nice win in a nice town. Congrats.
              It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by CamNeelyphile View Post
                One analogy may be that "talk is cheap" or another may be "actions speak louder than words". All BS aside, this is a critical and potentially trendsetting game and nobody knows that more than the guys in scarlet and brown. Besides it's getting harder to get a "hate on" at my age...

Ya I know I put the ball on a tee but no insults are required from you Leckster. LOL
                Hey, I am impressed you could remember your password.

I am just flat out at the moment. This is the longest I have gone into the season without seeing a game since I left SLU. It makes me angry enough to get my hate on. I am not going to make Burlington but am planning on the Dartmouth Tourney.
                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

I am just flat out at the moment. This is the longest I have gone into the season without seeing a game since I left SLU. It makes me angry enough to get my hate on. I am not going to make Burlington but am planning on the Dartmouth Tourney.
                  I can't remember when I saw them play during my freshman year (4 years ago already? Yeesh) but I have to believe this year is the longest for me as well. If I was home, I would be making the Dartmouth tourney for sure, but I'm supposed to come back here to the south the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

You're alive!!!

Too bad you couldn't make the game on Saturday. The team beat Clarkson and we ran into old #5 at the alumni reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

Longest for me, too. Looking like my first game occurs when I can get up to Canton for the Brown and Yale games in January. Been listening to or watching most games, though, and think the team is poised to do some damage going forward.
                      Last edited by Muskieman; 12-13-2011, 05:10 PM.
                      GO SAINTS.

Comment

Just saw that McKenzie got sent to the Houston Aeros. In 4 GP he has 2 assists so far, and a +3 rating. Should be a good organization for him, as they went to the Calder Cup Finals last year.

Also, he is now paired up with Bagnall down there, so I'm sure that is some fun for them.
                        Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 12-13-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Heads up, Saints fans....

your game on Saturday vs. Vermont is available for free viewing on http://www.nsnsports.net/.

Enjoy! and have a safe and happy Holiday season!
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

your game on Saturday vs. Vermont is available for free viewing on http://www.nsnsports.net/.

Thanks Joe, and the same to you.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

You mean I could have stayed home instead of going over to Burlington and having to meet up with that jerk TimU?

Kidding of course, but thanks for the update joe, I'm sure some of our other followers will appreciate that. Tim and I will try to make some noise for the boys in scarlet and brown.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                You mean I could have stayed home instead of going over to Burlington and having to meet up with that jerk TimU?

Kidding of course, but thanks for the update joe, I'm sure some of our other followers will appreciate that. Tim and I will try to make some noise for the boys in scarlet and brown.
                                Don't complain. Mike had to spend the night at my house, for crying out loud. How do you think he feels?

Comment

Working...
                                X