Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Not only that, but they are College Hockey Weekly's Team of the Week

Check it out here...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/T...-the-Week.html
    how do i vote for these power rankings?
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      how do i vote for these power rankings?
      The thread is listed as "2011-2012 NCAA Week 1 Rankings" I believe, and you can vote in there. Obviously, voting for this week is complete, but there will be a similar thread for next week's voting. Votes need to be in by 1pm Eastern on Monday. I'll probably start up the thread sometime this weekend, so keep an eye out for it.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Why cant BC get players like this??

Update: Tiefenwerth had four goals in the Junior Bruins 6-5 OT win over the Jersey Hitmen on Saturday night. Three of his goals came in the third period, including a shorthanded unassisted tally that gave the Junior Bruins the lead with 1:40 to go in regulation. (The Hitmen tied it up with 36 seconds left to send it into OT, whereupon the Junior Bruins took all of eight seconds to put an end to it on a Matt Lemire goal.)

Hello Lovejoy.....

Comment

You could probably make a pretty good team out of BC dropouts and rejects:

Saponari
          Lovejoy
          Pineault
          Ryan Hayes
          Styles Lyles
          Todd Perry
          Kenny Ryan
          Tiefenwerth

I have to be missing some others...

Why can't we win national titles without these guys...?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            You could probably make a pretty good team out of BC dropouts and rejects:

Saponari
            Lovejoy
            Pineault
            Ryan Hayes
            Styles Lyles
            Todd Perry
            Kenny Ryan
            Tiefenwerth

I have to be missing some others...

Why can't we win national titles without these guys...?
            Brett Motherwell
            Brian O'Hanley
            Jeremy Wilson
            Paul Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
              Brett Motherwell
              Brian O'Hanley
              Jeremy Wilson
              Paul Kelly
              Wilson might be a reach...

Brings tears to my eyes thinking back on his 3rd senior speach

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

Update: Tiefenwerth had four goals in the Junior Bruins 6-5 OT win over the Jersey Hitmen on Saturday night. Three of his goals came in the third period, including a shorthanded unassisted tally that gave the Junior Bruins the lead with 1:40 to go in regulation. (The Hitmen tied it up with 36 seconds left to send it into OT, whereupon the Junior Bruins took all of eight seconds to put an end to it on a Matt Lemire goal.)

Hello Lovejoy.....
                Here is to hoping boys like Tiefenwerth, Saponari, Lyles, and Ryan achieve their goals at the hockey programs they have choosen. Let's face it Boston College is not for every hockey player so there are always going to be the ones that got away, could not get there, and those who got there but could not play the role they desired and as a result left...

Boston College will continue to have a sharp eye for talent in amassing teams much like the 2011-2012 Eagles version positioning themselves for another run for the NCAA's. As long as Jerry is around the best in breed are going to listen when he recruits them based on a track record of success and development matched by few out there in his business.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

Hello Lovejoy.....
                  Hokydad, you are such a fraud. You've spent countless posts on different teams threads chiding them for pimping EJ recruits when "The EJ is a lower tier league, blah, blah, blah". I dont know Mr. Tiefenworth from Mrs. Butterworth but considering the EJ is such a "crap league whose stats from older playesr are inflated", I'm actually surprised this is your response about this kid. I guess this kid is the only legit kid every to play EJ in your mind and his loss to BC's program will be a game changer.

Carry on with your usual nonsense, please.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
                    Here is to hoping boys like Tiefenwerth, Saponari, Lyles, and Ryan achieve their goals at the hockey programs they have choosen. Let's face it Boston College is not for every hockey player so there are always going to be the ones that got away, could not get there, and those who got there but could not play the role they desired and as a result left...

Boston College will continue to have a sharp eye for talent in amassing teams much like the 2011-2012 Eagles version positioning themselves for another run for the NCAA's. As long as Jerry is around the best in breed are going to listen when he recruits them based on a track record of success and development matched by few out there in his business.
                    very well stated

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                      Hokydad, you are such a fraud. You've spent countless posts on different teams threads chiding them for pimping EJ recruits when "The EJ is a lower tier league, blah, blah, blah". I dont know Mr. Tiefenworth from Mrs. Butterworth but considering the EJ is such a "crap league whose stats from older playesr are inflated", I'm actually surprised this is your response about this kid. I guess this kid is the only legit kid every to play EJ in your mind and his loss to BC's program will be a game changer.

Carry on with your usual nonsense, please.
                      Keep sniffing glue before you post, it shows. Never once said crap about teams pimping EJ kids.

Leagues are as follows

USHL
                      BCHL
                      AJHL(as in Alberta)

NAHL

EJHL(top 4 teams)

Every team does though have excellent players. That though does not equate toa top team.

Comment

Little off topic but just watched the battle for comm ave dvd trailer again and brought me back a bit watching the Eagles in the day they wore the coolest colored helmets ever, bright yellow. In reality, I do kind of miss them just because they were so distinct but wanted feed back from others to see if they'd like to see a BC "throwback" night possibly against BU with all old unis and helmet colors. Just thought itd be pretty cool cuz I personally loved them.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                          Little off topic but just watched the battle for comm ave dvd trailer again and brought me back a bit watching the Eagles in the day they wore the coolest colored helmets ever, bright yellow. In reality, I do kind of miss them just because they were so distinct but wanted feed back from others to see if they'd like to see a BC "throwback" night possibly against BU with all old unis and helmet colors. Just thought itd be pretty cool cuz I personally loved them.
                          how about a "throwaway " night where they throw away the new uniforms and permanently bring back any one of the old ones?................any concern for a fog out friday night? supposed to be about 70 degrees. will the new dehumidifiers be enough as GDF claims?

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                            i always think i want them to go back to yellow helmets until i see the minnesota games on fox sports central
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Long live beige!! Hate "gold" (orangey-yellow).

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                                i always think i want them to go back to yellow helmets until i see the minnesota games on fox sports central
                                yeah, i agree with the helmets, keep the maroon

Comment

Working...
                                X