This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    I'm thinking it's the opposite, i think most of us on here respect his opinion
    he has deep interest and a passion for the game we all love. in addition, he brings news that we otherwise wouldn't hear.

love live hokydad!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Merry Christmas Eagle fans........be safe.............and lets start out fast at the GLI and get on a second half run!

Comment

Same to you and Merry Christmas to all.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

An awesome Christmas flash mob performance for you all to enjoy.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            An awesome Christmas flash mob performance for you all to enjoy.
            nice have a good night everyone!

Comment

The 14 year old with an internet connection has the lines out for this week:

Krieder-Mullane-Gaudreau

Hayes-Almeida-Carey

Whitney-Sit-Straight

Smith-Brown-Linell.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Krieder-Mullane-Gaudreau

Hayes-Almeida-Carey

Whitney-Sit-Straight

Smith-Brown-Linell.
                Looks good to me. We'll miss Billy Arnold but these lines can do some damage.
                Hoping for two wins in Michigan.
                When does the goalie get revealed? I like our chances with either one in net.

Go Eagles!

Comment

My guess is they split but he is out in Michigan so I'm sure we'll hear sometime tomorrow (if he successfully avoids the flying bullets in Detroit...)

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Thumbs up!

Comment

didn't know this was on tv tonight. 663 on directv.

interesting... jerry could be bagging win #900 in the beanpot this year. and tie/break the record first week of december vs jackpa!!
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sigh. These stretches-o-fail are par for the course for us, though.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Sigh. These stretches-o-fail are par for the course for us, though.
                          absolutely though i do believe there is cause for concern ................7 losses at this point is a lot though it's been a brutal schedule. 5 of the 7 losses were either 3-2 (ND, UML) or 3-2 + ENG (DU, UM-A,UM) so take from that what you will . We surely are having issues putting the puck in the net and it didnt look like, early on, that that would be a problem, but it is......
                          Last edited by sterlippo1; 12-30-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Tough to get a read on this team. Tweak a few things and they could be killing teams. Plenty of talent up front, perhaps in net, and at times on D (no depth here though).

Billett clearly was on top of his game last night in the first two periods. UM could have put up 10 if not for Billett. Goaltending might still be a worry but it's moving down the list of my concerns.

My preseason worry continues to be my top concern at this moment. Defense. Jeez, we could really use that Samuelsson kid. And it's not like Samuelsson was an All-American. The mistakes this defense makes, the bad reads, bad jumps in the offensive zone, I mean, they just make several major mistakes a game and teams are making BC pay the price for these mistakes. I still don't believe Wey is going to change this. He is also mistake prone. Shea was not good last night - very blah below-average game from him. Alber is an offensive threat and a lot of the times he is a ticking time bomb on when he will make a critical mistake. Macleod looked ok last night I thought. I continue to see him as a guy with upside that is developing. Maybe not fast enough but I think we need to get him more ice time in lieu of 8 and 3. Wey was ok last night. Most nights that is fine but it appeared he coughed up the puck holding the line allowing UM a 2-on-1 goal by AJ Treais - very similar play to the one he absolutely nailed on the brilliant setup to Atkinson in last year's HE title game for the GWG. This time it didn't work out though. The only guys that we see consistent games from are Cross and Dumoulin. Cross was fantastic last night BTW. Both times he led to BC goals when he got the puck on his stick, scoring one and setting up another. Dumoulin had some bizarre shifts with pucks in his skates but averted near disaster and shortly after dangled on a guy only to get stuffed at the top of the crease. There's just no depth here.

Offense. It hasn't been producing goals. But they generated a lot of scoring chances in the 2nd period last night. Hit several pipes. Some very near misses. Gaudreau had a good game and just missed a few. Kreider had several good chances and just missed a few. Although the offense has been a problem statistically during this slump, after watching this game I can't single them out as a problem. They were not lucky that is for sure.

The problem is this team is going to have to score a lot of goals to cover up for the defense. And right now that isn't happening. Partly because of the powerplay. The PP is a major problem, although they did go 1 for 4 last night. They also gave up 3 consecutive odd-man rushes on their own power play at the end of the 1st period. Unreal.

If they continue to come into games with their heads up their rear ends (two BU games and the Michigan game so far off the top of my head), they will have to get used to losing semis and playing in consolation games. The "easy" part of the schedule isn't that easy and it's coming up. The only good thing is that most of the country is just as mediocre as BC so the PWR looks ok for BC right now.

So to sum it up, lots of concerns, bad PP, slumping team, doubtful fans... pretty much what we see every year from York teams, right? Let's see if they can rise up like most of the other BC teams have or if this one will fall below the standard.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Oh and it should be noted, very very classy move by Jerry to get Brown into the lineup for this game at JLA, dad's old stomping grounds, in front of family and friends. I thought he played pretty well too, as did a lot of lower line guys like Linell and Smith again.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Hey BC fans, I expect our coach Mel Pearson to use this game to prepare for the rest of the season.

I would anticipate our backup goalie playing, he played will the last timeout against Northern Michigan.

I also anticipate him making some lineup changes to give some other guys an opportunity to play on the big stage and see if they

are ready for more game action as the season progresses.

What do you expect from Coach York as they prepare to take on Michigan Tech.

Comment

Working...
                                X