This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Congrats goes out to Arnold and Gaudreau for being named to the US World Junior Preliminary roster. Camp starts December 17th with exhibition games on the 20th against Russia and 21st against Switzerland. Roster will be announced on the 22nd. Arnold has a pretty good shot at making the team and Gaudreau is a long shot but with Grimaldi out it looks like a competition between Tynan and Rau for one of the last spots. Here's the full list of all invited...
    http://www.usahockey.com/world_junio...F_02&ID=309480

By the way, If both made it, they would only miss the Great Lakes Tourny vs Michigan and vs. MSU/MTU
    Last edited by sigx15; 12-05-2011, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount90 View Post
      i dont know. is it...
      yes, most certainly........ the Mainah's call southern Maine "Northern Massachusetts" , not sure if you read their thread or just ours but, yes, i do know Billett is from Kennebunk, Southern Maine

Comment

Now that my former main squeeze at the Heights has a new 'bestie" I'm relegated to the odd Tuesday night game if I'm lucky. I look forward to seeing some of you irregulars tonight. I just hope that the Eagles don't spend the entire game flopping and diving like they're known for!!!

Comment

I think we definitely see Billet tonight. That 4th line is fun to watch. If they can master the art of playing responsible by suffocating the puck carrier, they will be huge for this team. Give them a few more games to feed their confidence, then match them up against the opponent's top line. It's exactly what this team was missing last year. Nothing personal, but Tommy Atkinson and Brownie are slightly out of their league. They can survive, but they'll never thrive as a 4th line. By creating favorable match-ups, this current 4th line has potential to take BC to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            yes, most certainly........ the Mainah's call southern Maine "Northern Massachusetts" , not sure if you read their thread or just ours but, yes, i do know Billett is from Kennebunk, Southern Maine
            touche, shouldve read between the lines.. im ashamed, as a mainer myself

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
              Now that my former main squeeze at the Heights has a new 'bestie" I'm relegated to the odd Tuesday night game if I'm lucky. I look forward to seeing some of you irregulars tonight. I just hope that the Eagles don't spend the entire game flopping and diving like they're known for!!!
              Fire up the skillet, here comes Billet !! They say Brian and whoopie pies go hand and mouth. But no one flops like Gionta, or do they? Hey, if Parker says they're floppers, then they're floppers.

Floppers 4, Friars 2
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                I think we definitely see Billet tonight. That 4th line is fun to watch. If they can master the art of playing responsible by suffocating the puck carrier, they will be huge for this team. Give them a few more games to feed their confidence, then match them up against the opponent's top line. It's exactly what this team was missing last year. Nothing personal, but Tommy Atkinson and Brownie are slightly out of their league. They can survive, but they'll never thrive as a 4th line. By creating favorable match-ups, this current 4th line has potential to take BC to the next level.
                Great points, agreed on all. I'd be shocked if we didn't see BIllet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Great points, agreed on all. I'd be shocked if we didn't see BIllet tonight.
                  Billett starting

Comment

touche, shouldve read between the lines.. im ashamed, as a mainer myself
                    lol, and don't be.........how do you know BB is starting or do you just think that as we all do?

Comment

he is a friend. found out around 140

Comment

he is a friend. found out around 140
                        good, I'm really looking forward to this one. Looked like a walk over when the schedule came out but no longer. Funny (or not for PC fans) that the coach has made such a huge difference though i don't know what recruits came in and how they may have helped but the turnaround has been amazing really......

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                          I don't know about matching up this particular line (all freshmen) with the other team's top line, but I do think they'll get more ice time.

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          Fire up the skillet, here comes Billet !! They say Brian and whoopie pies go hand and mouth. But no one flops like Gionta, or do they? Hey, if Parker says they're floppers, then they're floppers.

Floppers 4, Friars 2
                          Another skillet joke? Man, I wish we had Ouellette and Sullivan down here!!!

Learn what the word but means...

And BU isn't playing PC tonight. BC is...quite the obsession you have.

Comment

Is there a free online radio broadcast for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by F O F room fan View Post
                              Is there a free online radio broadcast for this one?
                              Go to the schedule on BCEagles.com, the link is on there.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Go Tuck, fry the skillet !!
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X