This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Let's see if BC can have the same intensity tonight at BU with Billet in net. They need to salvage at least a split for the weekend. Less overpassing and just get the rebounds after the shooting the puck on net through screens and when no passing options are available. We need to see if Billet can play anyway since Milner has some weaknesses on breakaways and giving up rebounds.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I'm not certain we'll see Billet, but I hope we do. Right now all BU has to do is flip a puck top shelf and its red light. I think they might be in Milners head.

This BC team is the Buffalo Sabres of Hockey East (ironically, the only tough guy on Buffalo is 5'-6" and used to play here). Some will say BC dominated play last night. I say bull chit... BU beats the crap out of us all night long, takes 17 penalties and kicks our arse physically and on the scoreboard. Tell ya what... the person initiating the hit is not the one who feels the pain. BU has that figured out.

Sometimes ya just have to punch someone in the face (and for all those who take that line literally... learn the game).
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
        for the scoreboard sure.. but they ran bu off the ice tonight and it was only the refs who kept bu in the game...
        Here's a hanky, Stevie. Now, dab your eyes and blow your nose. Everything will be fine.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          for the scoreboard sure.. but they ran bu off the ice tonight and it was only the refs who kept bu in the game. its worth a note that this was a big depature from their effort in the other cbs games. this is a really tough stretch for the team with all these back to back games against good competition. of course, bu isnt very good; but playing BC is their national championship, so the emotion factor makes it a tough 60 minutes. not to mention, they are very thin on defense without wey, compounded by alber being pretty much worthless back there. its disheartening that jerry shortened his bench so much because it cant be hard to put out defensemen who are as bad as some of the scrubs bu dresses.. noonan, macgregor, and privertera might as well not have sticks. their defensive effort consists of bear hugging anyone near them. my bad, they do use the sticks for cross check people mercilessly in front of the net.

the game was obviously decided in goal. millan was outstanding and milner struggled a bit. not all the goals were his fault, but i thought he played the breakaway poorly (has he ever stopped one?). ultimately the failure to capitalize on the powerplay and the failure to stop bu's powerplay were the dealbreaker.

whitney getting kicked out of the game after being denied a clear breakaway was hysterical and sad at the same time. the officiating is absolutely atrocious. the only thing i can think of is that they are drunk by the end of the game because of all the in your face screaming they endure from angry jack. its a shame that steve choose to embellish it the way he did because the ref had made the original call on the interference coming out of the zone. if there had been an competency to the officiating, players dont need to go out of their way to sell calls.

my final thought is that arnold had a monster game. great hands on his redirect and great vision to find almeida on the final goal. and watching him try to play the next shift after being hurt (while the classless fanboys cheered) and finally getting called back to the bench because he was obviously still limping was a true testament to his character. love that kid.
          Wah, wah, wah Steve. C'mon, you can do better than that post. You sound like a 5 year old girl that had her Barbie doll taken away......

When BC was taking it to BU these last few years we accepted the better product on the ice. After 5-0 and 5-3 all I hear are excuses and griping.

Power plays were 11-6 in BC's favor. The difference was a hot goalie against Milner who has sucked against BU.

I can predict the vitriolic response coming....

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            I have followed Hockey East closer than any other sports league, pro or college, for almost 15 years. The officiating never bothered me. Now that the NHL is viable in Boston, and I watch it and see that there is another way, I realize that HE better get its act together or suffer some serious drop in interest. Now that the pros are a viable outlet for people who like hockey....
            The sad thing is that you are probably being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              This makes sense. I'm assuming it's the president that has this authority?
              You would think, but many believe he doesn't really care about athletics at all so who knows what it would take for him to make a change.

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
              Power plays were 11-6 in BC's favor.
              All this proves is that you're good at reading a box score. A bogus disallowed goal and five minute major call (BU scored on that) far outweigh the number of two minute minor penalties. That being said, BC lost this game because they hung Milner out to dry in the first period. That was the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                I have followed Hockey East closer than any other sports league, pro or college, for almost 15 years. The officiating never bothered me. Now that the NHL is viable in Boston, and I watch it and see that there is another way, I realize that HE better get its act together or suffer some serious drop in interest. Now that the pros are a viable outlet for people who like hockey....
                Excellent point. Fitzie used to take a lot of heat, but wouldn't he tower over the current crew?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  All this proves is that you're good at reading a box score. A bogus disallowed goal and five minute major call (BU scored on that) far outweigh the number of two minute minor penalties. That being said, BC lost this game because they hung Milner out to dry in the first period. That was the difference.
                  You also had 1:20 of 5 on 3 play that you failed to score on..., just saying.
                  Last edited by Bumbles; 12-03-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Why is it BU's problem that it took advantage of a 5 minute power play and scored while BC didn't take advantages of it's chances? If BC had converted 3 or 4 PP chances there would have been complaining about how many more opportunities the Eagles got to the Terriers.

Hindsight creates second guessing. Every game has judgement calls by the refs and how the teams react to those calls real time usually directly impacts the final score.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      Excellent point. Fitzie used to take a lot of heat, but wouldn't he tower over the current crew?
                      From what I remember, he was good and widely considered the best, but...Cory LaRose!!!

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                      You also had 1:20 of 5 on 3 play that you failed to score on..., just saying.
                      And I'm saying the five minute major call was bogus. If you want to go back and pick apart those specific penalties, be my guest.

Why is it BU's problem that it took advantage of a 5 minute power play and scored while BC didn't take advantages of it's chances? If BC had converted 3 or 4 PP chances there would have been complaining about how many more opportunities the Eagles got to the Terriers.

Hindsight creates second guessing. Every game has judgement calls by the refs and how the teams react to those calls real time usually directly impacts the final score.
                      What are you talking about with "why is it BU's problem"? What does that even mean? I said the call itself was bogus and really put the game out of reach. All the stuff that happened after that was irrelevant. The game was over. There is no hindsight involved. It was just a bad call. And as I said, BC lost because they fell behind 3-0. That had nothing to do with the refs. That also doesn't mean a disallowed goal and major penalty call can't severely hinder a team's chance of coming back. The fact BC got a good amount of PPs AFTER that doesn't matter. They were down 4-1. Game was out of reach.

Comment

From what I remember, he was good and widely considered the best, but...Cory LaRose!!!

And I'm saying the five minute major call was bogus. If you want to go back and pick apart those specific penalties, be my guest.

What are you talking about with "why is it BU's problem"? What does that even mean? I said the call itself was bogus and really put the game out of reach. All the stuff that happened after that was irrelevant. The game was over. There is no hindsight involved. It was just a bad call. And as I said, BC lost because they fell behind 3-0. That had nothing to do with the refs. That also doesn't mean a disallowed goal and major penalty call can't severely hinder a team's chance of coming back. The fact BC got a good amount of PPs AFTER that doesn't matter. They were down 4-1. Game was out of reach.
                        We BU fans should know better then to have a rationale comversation with you J.D. I apologize for reaching above your communication and logic capabilities. You are right in all you say.....and BU still won 5-3!

Comment

We BU fans should know better then to have a rationale comversation with you J.D. I apologize for reaching above your communication and logic capabilities. You are right in all you say.....and BU still won 5-3!
                          We BU fans? Again, what are you talking about? What have I said that is irrational? My God, you're quickly becoming the dumbest BU fan.

Comment

We BU fans? Again, what are you talking about? What have I said that is irrational? My God, you're quickly becoming the dumbest BU fan.
                            More intelligence on your part....the quotes included your respone to posts by both Bumbles and me. Bumbles+CF06=We

Your comments are speculative at best. They discount the Eagle opportunities and discount BU's execution of their opportunities. It is hindsight and irrational thinking from my perspective....BU's dumbest fan according to BC's most infallable fan.

And the score is still 5-3!

Comment

More intelligence on your part....the quotes included your respone to posts by both Bumbles and me. Bumbles+CF06=We

Your comments are speculative at best. They discount the Eagle opportunities and discount BU's execution of their opportunities. It is hindsight and irrational thinking from my perspective....BU's dumbest fan according to BC's most infallable fan.

And the score is still 5-3!
                              Haha, ok, so two of you was meant to represent BU fans in general. Brilliant. What specifically was speculative? What was irrational? When did I discount BUs execution of their own opportunities? What was hindsight? Infallable isn't word.

You're right about something, the score goes down in the books as 5-3. Congrats.

Comment

Haha, ok, so two of you was meant to represent BU fans in general. Brilliant. What specifically was speculative? What was irrational? When did I discount BUs execution of their own opportunities? What was hindsight? Infallable isn't word.

You're right about something, the score goes down in the books as 5-3. Congrats.
                                That is your intrepretation....I simply responded to your response to the two BU fans in the posting I responded to.

Speculative is what would have happened if calls had been made differently after a game has ended.

Yep, mistyped...infallible

Next?

Comment

Working...
                                X