X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    Not a UConn fan, just someone who isn't blind. We will see where UConn & BC football are in 5 yrs...kind of like BC & UConn basketball 25 yrs ago.

UConn's athletic department is just way more aggressive & committed than BCs. UConn has made the commitment and it's just a matter of time before they leapfrog BCs football program.....
    I'll tell you where Uconn is going to be in 5 years. Not in a BCS conference.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      I'll tell you where Uconn is going to be in 5 years. Not in a BCS conference.
      Exactly. I love how one year winning the special olympics conference and getting trounced once you play a real team qualifies as passing BC. Enjoy the MAC

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
        That's what I was thinking. I'm happy he stayed out of the box last night. With some hard work he can really do some serious damage.

Arnold and Almeida are also good candidates. Lots of guys capable of stepping up. Last night's box score is about what you'd expect from this team, a lot of different guys will be contributing on different nights. That will make BC tough to match up against.
        This is why I asked the question. The fact that it's so difficult to answer is the very strength of their offense. If they can get some solid play in net, like lastnight, and confidently roll three defense pairs, they will be ridiculously balanced through the line-up.

Regarding the recruit, what can you do? BC Hockey is now a factory for producing NHL'ers out of college. I guess it is the coaching staffs fault that so many players want to go to BC. It is a direct result of their hard work and their success in building BC Hockey into a national contending program year after year. At least they are honest with the kids when the situation changes. Is it a violation if a couple of kids leave because the coaching staff suggests it might be more difficult to crack the starting line-up? It's verbal on both sides right?

Comment

What is the word among Eagle insiders regarding Cam Darcy? Has BC got a chance or is he BU bound?

Comment

Looks like eagles will be ranked 1 or 2 after this weekend with Denver probably being whichever the eagles are not. Would be really cool to have a 1 vs. 2 game so early in the season. That said I've gone from cautiously optimistic to very optimistic in this season very quickly. Rolled out 3 scoring lines all dominated, but need to stay out of the box. A better more experienced team, especially later in the game will capitalize on those penalties. Kreider needs to watch his stick work, a 3 penalty game could really kill the Eagles from him later in the season, they need to get that under control. 6 minutes down plus 6 minutes off the ice for him really hurts them. Other than that, BC looks much better than I thought they would this early, hope its a sign of things to come.

Comment

Well that was a nice W. Kreider and Mullane were awesome. milner wasn't challenged much and UND didn't seem to have their heart in it. DU and UNH will be interesting.
              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                Well that was a nice W. Kreider and Mullane were awesome. milner wasn't challenged much and UND didn't seem to have their heart in it. DU and UNH will be interesting.
                Exactly!!! You guys took us to school. We should drop to #38. There was no heart at all shown. My old azz would have skated harder. I sure as heck hope that Grimaldi I
                Proves way more than what I saw. Good job Eagles! You deserves that one.
                "My greatest achievement."
                Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I'd like to nominate myself as chairman of the Gaudreau for Hobey campaign. Any objections? No? Good.

Wow. Kid is an absolute stud. Just wow.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                    I'd like to nominate myself as chairman of the Gaudreau for Hobey campaign. Any objections? No? Good.

Amen to that. In the early going the "Heir to Gerbe/Gionta/Collins/etc" throne looks validated.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      Exactly!!! You guys took us to school. We should drop to #38. There was no heart at all shown. My old azz would have skated harder. I sure as heck hope that Grimaldi I
                      Proves way more than what I saw. Good job Eagles! You deserves that one.
                      I'll second the congrats to BC. Very well played game by the Eagles tonight. Very professional as always. Again, congrats and good luck the rest of this season.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

Right off the bat his saucer pass to Mullane was a beauty. Then he followed that up by going to the net and banging a nice pass into the open net. And then went into Gretzsky's office and made the ND defensemen look foolish on 2 separate occasions in the 2nd and 3rd period each.

Not bad.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Why is there irrelevant football (take that both ways) talk on the BC hockey thread? Keep it up and I'll start daily posting about a real football team. Roll Tide!

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I think bothman brought it up. Anyway...nick saban? Really? Bleh.

Winning the ice breaker 11-4 over two name schools in a hostile environment...certainly more than I expected. I'll be rooting for MSU and UND to do well the rest of the way.

We all love muse, but the one edge milner has on him is he's more athletic. Very pleased with what I saw.

Comment

Thank you, Gene DeFilippo, for spending all your time caring only about the underachieving football and basketball programs. Leave hockey alone and it will be fine. He's a disastrous AD who has run the two money-making programs at BC into the ground. The basketball program may suffer the same sort of fate the football program is now.

Three cheers for the hockey team, though. What a terrific way to start the season.
                              Chris V
                              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Alabama football? One would anyone bring up one of the dirtiest football programs in history on a Boston Coll. hockey thread? May as well discuss UNLV hoops too.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X