X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Did you guys see this? I know Gene isn't well loved on this board, and I think I can see why, based on this column. Thoughts?
    No, I hadn't seen that.....very disturbing indeed. I think they both need to go but it is sobering to say the least to think we are stuck with that condescending SOB for the long term. Mr. Gabelli, please help us

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I wasn't expecting much, but that was pretty well written with a lot of good points. Personally, I'm in the minority. I'm ok with giving Spaz another year. My understanding is this was a very young team. What has to stop is the chaos within the coaching staff. That needs to be the first priority. After all this, my main hope is that Gene isn't allowed to make the NEXT hire.
      GDF and Spaz have to go for the program to come back. I gave up my season tickets and stopped my yearly donations to the FF. If that doesn't send a message then so be it. I feel bad for the players. You need someone like T.Coughlin to coach the team who's a good motivator, good recruiter, and game day coach. That 93' game where they knocked off ND was sweet. I saw that game on NCAA Classics the other day. David Gordon with that last second kick to beat ND was sweet. That team had Mamula, Foley, Mitchell, etc. on the team.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I'm hoping at least a split this weekend or 3 points with BU, then PC and Lowell to end the first half. If they can take 3 of 4, I would be satisfied with that. Then the GLI is coming up, where Michigan has really fallen down to .500 record. That was a fun tournament, I went once when BC played and the backup goalie won the games.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
          GDF and Spaz have to go for the program to come back. I gave up my season tickets and stopped my yearly donations to the FF. If that doesn't send a message then so be it. I feel bad for the players. You need someone like T.Coughlin to coach the team who's a good motivator, good recruiter, and game day coach. That 93' game where they knocked off ND was sweet. I saw that game on NCAA Classics the other day. David Gordon with that last second kick to beat ND was sweet. That team had Mamula, Foley, Mitchell, etc. on the team.
          I guess my point is Gene shouldn't be allowed to fire Spaz. If anyone should be fired, it's Gene himself. And you let a new AD decide.

Comment

I guess my point is Gene shouldn't be allowed to fire Spaz. If anyone should be fired, it's Gene himself. And you let a new AD decide.
            works for me

Comment

This makes sense. I'm assuming it's the president that has this authority?

Comment

Posted this on the game thread...

I want to see the Terriers salute their fans at BC after a loss.
                I would also like to see the Eagles salute their fans at BU after a win. (although I doubt Jerry would let that happen)

So... how about a crushing 'just for the hell of it' hit in the first minute? The 2 minute PK would be worth it.

Go Eagles!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

My question is who on the team would deliver it? We have some scrappy, chippy players but not a ton that can lay the lumber. That open ice hit by Dumoulin several weeks ago was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    My question is who on the team would deliver it? We have some scrappy, chippy players but not a ton that can lay the lumber. That open ice hit by Dumoulin several weeks ago was excellent.
                    I would like to see it be Kreider or Hayes. But Dumoulin or Cross would do the trick.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

5 on 5 BC is dominating the play. They have to keep getting pucks on the BU goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Posted this on the game thread...

I want to see the Terriers salute their fans at BC after a loss.
                        I would also like to see the Eagles salute their fans at BU after a win. (although I doubt Jerry would let that happen)

So... how about a crushing 'just for the hell of it' hit in the first minute? The 2 minute PK would be worth it.

Go Eagles!
                        BU should salute their fans win or lose every game no matter where its played when their support level warrants the acknowledgment. Not sure what all the foolishness was about anyway. Its certainly not classless.

Comment

I say right now BC ought to just steer very clear of these CBS televised games; they've looked miserable in all three of them this year.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                            I say right now BC ought to just steer very clear of these CBS televised games; they've looked miserable in all three of them this year.
                            It would also help if the officials were in some way competent.
                            1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                              It would also help if the officials were in some way competent.
                              I have followed Hockey East closer than any other sports league, pro or college, for almost 15 years. The officiating never bothered me. Now that the NHL is viable in Boston, and I watch it and see that there is another way, I realize that HE better get its act together or suffer some serious drop in interest. Now that the pros are a viable outlet for people who like hockey....
                              Last edited by Zudnic; 12-02-2011, 09:55 PM.
                              Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                                for the scoreboard sure.. but they ran bu off the ice tonight and it was only the refs who kept bu in the game. its worth a note that this was a big depature from their effort in the other cbs games. this is a really tough stretch for the team with all these back to back games against good competition. of course, bu isnt very good; but playing BC is their national championship, so the emotion factor makes it a tough 60 minutes. not to mention, they are very thin on defense without wey, compounded by alber being pretty much worthless back there. its disheartening that jerry shortened his bench so much because it cant be hard to put out defensemen who are as bad as some of the scrubs bu dresses.. noonan, macgregor, and privertera might as well not have sticks. their defensive effort consists of bear hugging anyone near them. my bad, they do use the sticks for cross check people mercilessly in front of the net.

the game was obviously decided in goal. millan was outstanding and milner struggled a bit. not all the goals were his fault, but i thought he played the breakaway poorly (has he ever stopped one?). ultimately the failure to capitalize on the powerplay and the failure to stop bu's powerplay were the dealbreaker.

whitney getting kicked out of the game after being denied a clear breakaway was hysterical and sad at the same time. the officiating is absolutely atrocious. the only thing i can think of is that they are drunk by the end of the game because of all the in your face screaming they endure from angry jack. its a shame that steve choose to embellish it the way he did because the ref had made the original call on the interference coming out of the zone. if there had been an competency to the officiating, players dont need to go out of their way to sell calls.

my final thought is that arnold had a monster game. great hands on his redirect and great vision to find almeida on the final goal. and watching him try to play the next shift after being hurt (while the classless fanboys cheered) and finally getting called back to the bench because he was obviously still limping was a true testament to his character. love that kid.
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X