This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2011-2012 season thread

I know we are Lowell but the home opener at Tsongas should be packed. 5K plus.

We always play you guys tough and lose. Should be a close game on Friday.
    Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Were they doing renovations? I know you guys played an exhibition game as well as UConn somewhere else.

Anyway, I'm just hoping Lyles doesn't go Bobby Orr on us...

Comment

So USHR did a thing on top uncommitted players eligible for NCAA play next year. #2 on that list out of 25:

Alex Kerfoot
        F
        5-9/155
        Coquitlam-BCHL: 11-5-9-14

*Future All-American has narrowed his choice down to BC, Harvard, and Yale.

Only BC mention of the bunch. KJ Tiefenwerth listed as honorable mention.

Comment

Darcy re-commits to Northeastern, also BC gets a firm commitment from Noah Hanifan for 2015. I beleive Noah to be one of the two rumored commitments from heisenberg on twitter about a month ago. Hanifan played for st sebs varsity as an 8th grade defensemen. He was 9th in scoring at the select u14 festival this summer.

little bit more about him here...
          http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.bl...n-college.html

Comment

To add onto the Wey injury, totally freak accident but I actually saw a junior player have the exact scenario and injury happen in a junior game a long time ago except he severed the artery as well as the tendon. Crazy freak injury, blade went right through the tongue of the skate needed immediate surgery actually with no amnesia/novocaine because of the artery situation. That said he came back in a month and was fine back to same player so I'm not too worried about wey.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              Darcy re-commits to Northeastern, also BC gets a firm commitment from Noah Hanifan for 2015. I beleive Noah to be one of the two rumored commitments from heisenberg on twitter about a month ago. Hanifan played for st sebs varsity as an 8th grade defensemen. He was 9th in scoring at the select u14 festival this summer.

little bit more about him here...
              http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.bl...n-college.html
              Another 14 year old recruit? Kind of silly, but I guess your ****ed if you do and ****ed if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                So USHR did a thing on top uncommitted players eligible for NCAA play next year. #2 on that list out of 25:

Alex Kerfoot
                F
                5-9/155
                Coquitlam-BCHL: 11-5-9-14

*Future All-American has narrowed his choice down to BC, Harvard, and Yale.

Only BC mention of the bunch. KJ Tiefenwerth listed as honorable mention.
                Interesting. BC certainly made nice connections out in Coquitlam recently with Begert (another AJ Walker type situation?) and Straight.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Interesting. BC certainly made nice connections out in Coquitlam recently with Begert (another AJ Walker type situation?) and Straight.
                  Cav's been working that BCHL league for a long time. Without looking at prior rosters, Chuck Kobasew and Brock Bradford were the first big gets I remember from that league.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                    Cav's been working that BCHL league for a long time. Without looking at prior rosters, Chuck Kobasew and Brock Bradford were the first big gets I remember from that league.
                    Seeing that Brock Bradford was the HC's best man in his wedding last summer, a connection would seem to be in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                      I know we are Lowell but the home opener at Tsongas should be packed. 5K plus.

We always play you guys tough and lose. Should be a close game on Friday.
                      you hit the nail on the head on all 3 points..........

Comment

no disrespect to UML intended but with this forecast and given my location, the only way i would venture to The Heights tonight is if the other team's colors were scarlet and white............

Comment

Not the prettiest game but another 4 pt weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            no disrespect to uml intended but with this forecast and given my location, the only way i would venture to the heights tonight is if the other team's colors were red and white............
                            fyp.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              fyp.
                              lol, you're right, i won't make that mistake again

another big shot disparity, even while BC was building the 6-1 lead.....

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                no disrespect to UML intended but with this forecast and given my location, the only way i would venture to The Heights tonight is if the other team's colors were scarlet and white............
                                I didn't find it too bad driving there and the rink was half full or abouts. The game Friday up at the Tsongas Center was a lot closer and looks like they have luxury box seats in one end up there. Another 4 points in HE is sweet weekend and next week hopefully 4 more points against Maine and UMass.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X