Outrunning a Ground Nest: AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrunning a Ground Nest: AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8

Finally, a pair of games that count. Hopefully the Huskies are not overlooking the Yellowjackets.

USCHO's AIC Preview

Sounds like their seasoned top line could be dangerous.

Re: Outrunning a Ground Nest: AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8

Cool to see a new program visit the Mac. Is there a return trip next year?
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

We should refuse to let AIC into the arena until they get Dirty his jersey.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8: Who has a key for the visitor's lockerroom?

You already beat me to it... I don't often object to thread titles, but this one really needs to be:
        AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8: Just give us some **** jerseys already!

Ryan J
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Re: AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8: Who has a key for the visitor's lockerroom?

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          You already beat me to it... I don't often object to thread titles, but this one really needs to be:
          AIC @ Michigan Tech, 10/7 & 10/8: Just give us some **** jerseys already!

Ryan J
          It's Dirty who gets all hot and bothered about that AIC jersey, and he's not a Tech fan. He can sew his own d@mn jersey for all I care.

Comment

This week's notes include updated pronunciations for the Pietilas. Now they're all different:

Aaron Pietila Pee-ETT-uh-luh
            Blake Pietila Pah-TILL-uh
            Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              This week's notes include updated pronunciations for the Pietilas. Now they're all different:

Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh
              Oh the drama! Crazy finns.
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh
                Now this just feels like a concerted effort to * with opposing announcers.

Comment

Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh

I understand the need to differentiate, and I understood last week's different pronunciations with the downstate pronunciation and everything...but this is stupid...they have to say first names for the Johnstone brothers, what's the difference here?

Comment

Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh
                    Uhh, aren't they related? So, wouldn't that mean the last names are pronounced the same way?
                    Always a Wildcat...
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                      Uhh, aren't they related? So, wouldn't that mean the last names are pronounced the same way?
                      Ask Colby and Chay Genoway that question.

Colby pronounced Genoway with a hard G, while Chay pronounced it with a soft G.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Chad Pietila PEET-uh-luh
                        That's f-ing ridiculous. I think I'm still more annoyed about the dumb Genoway brothers though. Plus their first names are stupid.

Happy hockey day, everyone!!

A few years ago, there was a poll question on USCHO that asked, "which team in college hockey would you most like to see your team play?" I selected the option "other" with the response of "AIC....... I just need to know....." Well, my wish comes true this weekend, although the Huskies are a completely different team today. I guess it will still be nice to know. Don't disappoint me, Huskies.
                        Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Prediction: AIC 3 - MTU 2
                          2 goals from Pleskach, Olson and the freshman Johnstone score for Tech
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Ask Colby and Chay Genoway that question.

Colby pronounced Genoway with a hard G, while Chay pronounced it with a soft G.
                            Yeah, but they went to UND, can't expect them to be very smart. I expect more from players at other schools.

Comment

Nice comeback, but color me unimpressed with the first 35 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X