(10/7) UMass at Northeastern [HE]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (10/7) UMass at Northeastern [HE]

First game of the NU era. Matthews should be sold out and rowdy.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: (10/7) UMass at Northeastern [HE]

Colin Shea for UMass.. good player & passer. I think the better defense will win this one for their club. Hopefully it's us. If we can keep the penalties to a minimum, would help as we'll be short a couple players. Should be a good test for goalie. Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Got my ticket already, I'm pretty pumped for this.

I think it comes down to goaltending and defense. Does Rawlings play well and help us out, or does he play inconsistently? Who is UMass playing, and are they ready for Hockey East (or in Teglia's case, is he ready to play a full season?).

Defense will be critical, I thought our defense was solid in the exhibition, would like to hear any UMass fans who saw their Maroon-White game comment on theirs.

Finally, special teams. Fear the Triangle wrote their PP did poorly in their game, and NU's went 4/8. However, our PK needs work. If we can cut down on their PP chances and keep them off the board while also doing well on the PP, we stand a solid shot.

Comment

I'd like to agree with you, but between the exodus of students for the holiday weekend and the start of Yom Kippur at sundown, there may be a shortage of regular fans, including me. Frankly the matchup is not the kind that will have scalpers lurking along St. Botolph street.

Karlsson will be the only forward who played Sunday who will miss the game. Two D's will sit - my guess will be Hoeffler and either Cornell or Oskroba. I suspect that the PK will improve for three reasons: The coaches will have made some adjustments. The goaltending will be different (better) and the PP that we'll be facing will not have nearly the talent that we faced vs. SFX.

BTW Karlsson's suspension will be two, possibly three games. The NCAA, being the DBs that they are, mandated the suspension, because several years ago in a land far, far away, Ludwig played on a Junior team that briefly contained an older "professional" player (by the NC$$'s peculiar standards) That tainted everyone else on the team. At least in an Italian court the accused gets a trial! The NC$$ officials should be thoroughly strip-searched at airports as they are true domestic (and international) terrorists!!!

Comment

Gotta second that, do not think gm will be a sellout due the holiday wknd.
          Perhaps UMass will bring a good contingent of fans to keep it interesting for both sides.

Regardless, don't need a ton of fans to get the old barn going
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Tonight is the night.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

At home, first reg gm for new Head Coach.. hopefully team can come out with a decisive game. The Maine game Sunday will be a bigger challenge, but the tone for the weekend needs to be set tonight. Go NU!
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Posted this in the season thread, but it fits here too:

I'm excited for tonight. Overall, I was pleased with how we looked in the exhibition game last weekend. I thought Manson looked the best out of all the freshmen--he had a pretty nice slapper from out by the blue line, and I didn't see him out of position at all. Obviously it's still too early to tell, but I think there's a lot of potential. Oskroba looked quicker than I anticipated him being, and Karlsson also looked good.

I'm not a fan of the speed line we played (39 18 91) because I think there needs to be a more physical presence there. Maybe switch Vrolyk or Dongara out with Tuckerman? The line of J.Daniels, Saponari, and Pimm was interesting, because it looked like Saponari was centering for two of last year's centers. I thought they looked like our best line though. Justin played a more aggressive game than I remember seeing from him last year, which is a very good thing.

Even though we won't have one of our top two lines tonight, I still expect a W against a young and untested UMASS team (I don't think they played an exhibition game). I think the key will be to try to get a lot of pressure on net to try to rattle their inexperienced netminder. Thoughts?

Comment

You make some good observations.. also since goaltending is a big question (as of now), for UMass.. would be nice if the DogHouse fans can get under new goalie's skin a little bit (whoever it is..), seemed Dainton started every gm for UMass in his yrs there. With him gone, would be nice if a bit of home pressure can help the team out early.

Take shots often & plenty.. let's get 'em early! (hopefully). Oh & let's play with some discipline!
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                  X