No announcement yet.

2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

I didn't see a thread for the Ice Breaker just yet, so I thought I would start one up. Apparently all four games are going to be broadcast by the Fighting Sioux Sports Network, which means if you get Fox College Sports, you should be able to see your team play. If you have DirecTV, those games are usually on 617 or 623.

What does everyone think? Any upsets in the making?

Also, there is a mini-preview of the tournament over at College Hockey Weekly, and I'm sure other sites will be providing previews as well.

Should be a great weekend of college hockey. To all of those attending, I'm jealous.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: 2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

Apparently the games will be on CBS College Sports ... at least in a streaming sort of way.

My gut tells me MSU-EL will play well enough to earn a win on day 2 - and possibly open some eyes.

Comment

Re: 2011 Ice Breaker: Air Force, Boston College, Michigan State and North Dakota

Yep I will be there on my birthday weekend receiving 2 Fighting Sioux victories!!!
      Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
        Yep I will be there on my birthday weekend receiving 2 Fighting Sioux victories!!!
        Is that how you felt going into the Frozen Four last year?

Comment

Air Force over the Sioux 6-4. I hate the Falcons and I hate the Sioux... But in this game, I think AFA will shock Sioux nation with a good showing.
          Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Is that how you felt going into the Frozen Four last year?
            How can his birthday be in both October and April?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

i would be really old if i had a birthday weekend in april too anyway Sioux win 2
              Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                Air Force over the Sioux 6-4. I hate the Falcons and I hate the Sioux... But in this game, I think AFA will shock Sioux nation with a good showing.
                How could anyone possibly "hate" Air Force?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

It's gonna be a great weekend of hockey.

I watched Air Force last night take on McGill of Montreal...very good game overall. AFA won 5-4. We lost Torrel on a nasty elbow to the head in the 3rd period. Torrel went into the boards and ended up with a head injury and a gash to the head. Carted off on a stretcher...the most blood I've seen on the ice in a long time. Hopefully he'll be ok.

AFA is a scrappy team...quick but not a lot of size. They're very good at drawing penalties.

If AFA can keep it close late in the 3rd, I like their chances. North Dakota clearly has more talent and size, so things look good for them.

Either way, gonna be some great games to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    I suspect he is talking about the hockey team and fans. Not the entire branch of the military.
                    Originally posted by vizoroo
                    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                    Originally posted by duper
                    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                    Originally posted by dggoddard
                    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                      I personally wouldn't be shocked if Air Force beat the Sioux, but I would be shocked if the score was 6-4. North Dakota will struggle to score goals early in the season, but they have perhaps the best blueline and goalie combo in the country. Anything is possible, but if Air Force wins, my guess is that it is something along the lines of a 2-1 win.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I personally wouldn't be shocked if Air Force beat the Sioux, but I would be shocked if the score was 6-4. North Dakota will struggle to score goals early in the season, but they have perhaps the best blueline and goalie combo in the country. Anything is possible, but if Air Force wins, my guess is that it is something along the lines of a 2-1 win.
                        From what I've read, Air Force is in a similar situation as UND, with a strong defensive nucleus returning, but question marks up front. Not really the makings of a 6-4 shoot out, but I guess that's why they'll play the game.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr1 View Post
                          anyway Sioux win 2
                          We know, we know...just like last April.

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                          I suspect he is talking about the hockey team and fans. Not the entire branch of the military.
                          Even then, I'd be curious to know what there's to hate about the hockey program and their 19 fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            The whole Army hates those dam blue shirts. And most of the Navy. The Marines just think they're silly.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              The whole Army hates those dam blue shirts. And most of the Navy. The Marines just think they're silly.
                              Well, when AFA beats Army in nearly every sport, how can you blame Army for hating 'em. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X