Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame @ tUMD: Jealous of our Banner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame @ tUMD: Jealous of our Banner?

UMD raises a banner and hosts #1 ranked Notre Dame. UMD lost their best defensive and offensive players. We will need some folks to step up to replace the scoring we lost. It is also a question on who will man the power point and how the lines will be mixed and matched during the first month of the season.

ND has lost very few and are a preseason favorite to win it all.

I cannot believe hockey is finally here!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: Notre Dame @ tUMD: Jealous of our Banner?

Your banner isn't nearly as cool as their supersized picture of Jesus.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Your banner isn't nearly as cool as their supersized picture of Jesus.
      *****http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZNYW8QZkJDn7JWL_pa1JXW3Vy_fKUj nkNCoSksN9MbsawMwrD******

Comment

In answer to your question: Hell yes, I'm jealous. While in the stands at the NC game last April, I commented to Mr. JJfP after that OT goal, "So this is what it's like to win for the first time." I can't wait for the time my team gets to feel the same.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
          In answer to your question: Hell yes, I'm jealous. While in the stands at the NC game last April, I commented to Mr. JJfP after that OT goal, "So this is what it's like to win for the first time." I can't wait for the time my team gets to feel the same.
          I have a feeling that your banner will be coming soon. It seems like college hockey goes through spurts with "new" champions and then long spells of repeat winners. Here's a relatively short look at the historical evidence...

1948-1950: 3 New Champions
          1951-1957: 1 New Champion
          1958-1962: 3 New Champions
          1963-1965: 0 New Champions
          1966-1975: 5 New Champions
          1975-1983: 0 New Champions
          1984-1993: 5 New Champions
          1994-2010: 0 New Champions

Obviously the early history is going to have more new champions than not, but if you look at 1966-2010, it shows that there are spurts with new champions. If this pattern holds true, my guess is that by 2020 schools like Notre Dame, Miami and New Hampshire all have National Title banners.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Yes, I'm jealous of your banner, but I'm somewhat glad it'll hang from the rafters of Amsoil, not Yoast.
            Notre Dame Hockey
            Reigning Big Ten Champions
            Reigning CCHA Champions
            Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

They are REALLY jealous of your banner... the one that says "NCHC Charter Member."
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                Yes, I'm jealous of your banner, but I'm somewhat glad it'll hang from the rafters of Amsoil, not Yoast.
                Aren't we all?

Comment

For the record I am jealous of both banners.
                  TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                    Aren't we all? Except UMAA fans of course
                    Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    Aren't we all?
                    Yes
                    Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
                    For the record I am jealous of both banners.
                    See Goldy!? Point proven!

I hope new teams win first titles in the coming years. I always root for the team with less titles in the Frozen Four.
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This is a special day. Glad I will be there to witness it.

GO DOGS!
                      tUMD

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Aren't we all? Except UMAA fans of course

Yes
                        See Goldy!? Point proven!

I hope new teams win first titles in the coming years. I always root for the team with less titles in the Frozen Four.
                        Well, I was mostly agreeing with the second point about being glad it isn't hanging at Yost, but sure I'm a little jealous too. Not as much as I would be had I not witnessed all five of the Gopher championships.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Well, I was mostly agreeing with the second point about being glad it isn't hanging at Yost, but sure I'm a little jealous too. Not as much as I would be had I not witnessed all five of the Gopher championships.
                          Wow you're old!

Have to be honest here, UMD splitting will be a great accomplishment. I just hope they win tonight...
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Not gonna lie, I'm excited to get up to Duluth next weekend and snap a couple pictures of the banner.

But that could be because I like tDogs. I LOVE the Gophers, but I do like tDogs.

Go Dogs
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              Not gonna lie, I'm excited to get up to Duluth next weekend and snap a couple pictures of the banner.

But that could be because I like tDogs. I LOVE the Gophers, but I do like tDogs.

Go Dogs
                              I'm in the same boat. Gopher fan first, but Minnesota Hockey is in my blood. Gotta support the other Minnesota schools too. Loved seeing the Dogs bring home their first championship!

Comment

Working...
                              X