• Re: Merrimack College 2011-2012 Season Thread - vita post Da Costa

Congrats!
    never up, never in!

Comment

Congrats ...enjoy it and keep it going

Comment

Wanted to offer my congratulations on the ranking. Whether or not a poll has any bearing on anything doesn't always matter. When Notre Dame scaled that mountain for the first time a few seasons back, it was a great feeling. Especially for someone who saw his first game before they were even a member of the WCHA. You don't end up where Merrimack is without doing a lot of things right. Keep it rolling.

Comment

Hmmm.... First time in 223 USCHO polls that UND hasn't been ranked and Merrimack is number 1. Is there a connection here? Congrats!
          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zena View Post
            My donation just doubled.
            So did mine. I took it from my UMaine fund!

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
              Basically all of the above. Since Dennehy's arrived there's basically been a complete turnaround of the program and the school itself.
              +1.

Comment

amazing, good for you guys!

Comment

To Mookie, Scarlet, Sterlippo, John Fuller, the Freds and many of the other posters out there that I've known for WAY longer than I'd like to admit, I'd like to thank you all for your support and congratulatory messages for this day that many of us never saw coming. in 1998, when we downed BU in the first round of the playoffs to make our 1st trip to the Garden, I thought that was as good as it would ever get. I sat through WAY too many seasons of failure. The something happened. you could see the transformation of this team, almost overnight. We had the national rookie of the year 2 years ago and then BAMMMM, a trip to the hockey east finals and an at large bid into the dance. Than news came that Da Costa was leaving for the greener pastures of the NHL...and although we knew this was more than, as Dennehy called it, DaCosta and the 7 dwarfs, we also knew there would be some huge holes to fill offensively. And MC did what we expected them to do. tightened down defensively and have only allowed 12 goals in 9 games. LOL Who says you can't win a lot of games scoring 2-3/game LOl Let's hope this magical ride continues. There has never been a better time to call ourselves Alumni of Merrimack College. Go Warriors...Next up...UAH...let's keep it rolling along.
                  As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    Basically all of the above. Since Dennehy's arrived there's basically been a complete turnaround of the program and the school itself.
                    Let's not forget Glenn Hoffman the AD and Dr. Hopey the President who came along at just the right time to give coach Dennehy the support he needed.

Comment

Congratulations to the MC program and it's fans!!!! WELL DONE!!! Enjoy the heck out of it as you all certainly deserve it!!!

Keep up the great job (except 3 times a year plus playoffs when you play you know who) and try to remember those of us who knew you when you were nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Congratulations to the MC program and it's fans!!!! WELL DONE!!! Enjoy the heck out of it as you all certainly deserve it!!!

Keep up the great job (except 3 times a year plus playoffs when you play you know who) and try to remember those of us who knew you when you were nothing.
                        Hey, look who the cat dragged in how have you been? Hope all is well. Myself, and hopefully Warrior51 (mike) will have to come down soon so you can take us up into the Friends of the Friars area for a beer again LOL
                        As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

Originally posted by zena View Post
                          My donation just doubled.
                          And I'm sure that the college will put both of those dollars to good use.
                          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                            Well after years of hearing about the big four it is so nice to read today's headline. Enjoy the moment!
                            this year's Big Four is actually the same as last year's Big Four

Comment

Originally posted by MCHOCKEY View Post
                              Hey, look who the cat dragged in how have you been? Hope all is well. Myself, and hopefully Warrior51 (mike) will have to come down soon so you can take us up into the Friends of the Friars area for a beer again LOL
                              All is well here. Glad you are getting to enjoy this success. You've got to make it to PC for a game and I have tickets for you when you come down. Love to see you guys back at Schneider. I left my cell number when gave I gave you neg rep a few minutes ago. Give me a shout.

Comment

This is obviously a great accomplishment for the program, and makes those of us that have followed the team since the darker days proud.

Hopefully the players realize that the polls don't win them anything and that there are bigger goals to acheive. I know Dennehy understands this and has stated that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X