This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UML 2011/2012 Season Thread

Exhibition game is this Saturday ... the season is finally here. It can't get worse than last year, can it?

New coach, bunch of new players, some vets leaving ... should be interesting.

One thing I was told at the season ticket holder event was that during the captain's practices, the squad is very small (height wise), but should be very fast.

I do have some excitement toward the season though, not only seeing the new and old players again, but seeing if the rumors of the death of dump and chase are real or greatly exaggerated.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UML 2011/2012 Season Thread

Has anyone gotten any info about the game on Sat- where it is etc? I know because of Mr. Les but I haven't gotten anything official

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Has anyone gotten any info about the game on Sat- where it is etc? I know because of Mr. Les but I haven't gotten anything official
      At the season ticket holder event they had some fliers with info for everyone, and it stated that the game is at Tully at 7pm on Saturday. You can pick up your season tickets then. If you don't attend the game, they will mail your tickets out the following week.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        At the season ticket holder event they had some fliers with info for everyone, and it stated that the game is at Tully at 7pm on Saturday. You can pick up your season tickets then. If you don't attend the game, they will mail your tickets out the following week.
        Ah. I was watching Lil run. THat explains things. I would have hoped they would have sent an email.

Comment

USCHO's and INCH's Hockey East previews:

http://www.uscho.com/2011/10/03/earl...s-for-2011-12/

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/..._preview_1112/

Not much mention of UML which makes sense. Lots of unknowns and young players, although INCH gave Wetmore a shout as UML's player to watch this season. In the 3 total polls in the articles, they rank UML 7th, 9th, and 9th. Tough prediction but hopefully they can sneak up on some unsuspecting Hockey East teams and pull out enough points to get into the playoffs.
          U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
          UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

From the UML site: River Hawks Return to the Forum for Exhibition Game.

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
              USCHO's and INCH's Hockey East previews:

http://www.uscho.com/2011/10/03/earl...s-for-2011-12/

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/..._preview_1112/

Not much mention of UML which makes sense. Lots of unknowns and young players, although INCH gave Wetmore a shout as UML's player to watch this season. In the 3 total polls in the articles, they rank UML 7th, 9th, and 9th. Tough prediction but hopefully they can sneak up on some unsuspecting Hockey East teams and pull out enough points to get into the playoffs.
              A bit more detail (a bit) ... here.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                A bit more detail (a bit) ... here.
                Good article.

Really hoping that goaltending is not the issue it's made out to be in the article. Hunch says Carr's the #1 guy because he showed better consistency and improvement last year. If Boulanger can solidify some of the flashes of brilliance he had last year (I think it was one of the BC games where he played exceptionally well) he could make a solid move. Don't know much about Massie. hopefully they all had a productive offseason.

Too bad one of the five "Players to Watch" is no longer on the roster (Ickert).

Surprised there's no mention of BC transfer Lyles and only draft pick Wilson as possible impact newcomers.
                U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                  Good article.

Really hoping that goaltending is not the issue it's made out to be in the article. Hunch says Carr's the #1 guy because he showed better consistency and improvement last year. If Boulanger can solidify some of the flashes of brilliance he had last year (I think it was one of the BC games where he played exceptionally well) he could make a solid move. Don't know much about Massie. hopefully they all had a productive offseason.

Too bad one of the five "Players to Watch" is no longer on the roster (Ickert).

Surprised there's no mention of BC transfer Lyles and only draft pick Wilson as possible impact newcomers.
                  For me, the incoming players to watch are Lyles, Wilson and Wallin more than anything else. Possibly Conderman as well.

In regards to Massie, I'd be shocked if he played at all this year. I think the #3 goalie will actually be the freshman Robbins.
                  Monty

Comment

Massie is not skating with the team during captains practice and will not be back this season. From what I have heard there are still other cuts being made over the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                      Massie is not skating with the team during captains practice and will not be back this season. From what I have heard there are still other cuts being made over the next couple of days.
                      Where is the raised eyebrows emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                        I'd heard the same about Massie. The other half is new to me, but not too surprising considering the size of the roster. There are a lot of walk-ons currently on the roster.
                        Monty

Comment

Long time lurker but I've met many of you at games and at the Beer Works prior. I'm excited for the season to begin. I like many hope to see dump and chase finally go away for good. Won't make it to the exhibition game Saturday but I'll probably make it to the Nashua game.

Also, Chaz had a good article this morning in the Lowell Sun.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_19036456

Any word on the weekly hockey show airing this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                            Long time lurker but I've met many of you at games and at the Beer Works prior. I'm excited for the season to begin. I like many hope to see dump and chase finally go away for good. Won't make it to the exhibition game Saturday but I'll probably make it to the Nashua game.

Also, Chaz had a good article this morning in the Lowell Sun.

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_19036456

Any word on the weekly hockey show airing this year?
                            Good find on the article. I keep forgetting to check the site because it's so rare they actually do anything.

I believe the show will be on this year.
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                              Good find on the article. I keep forgetting to check the site because it's so rare they actually do anything.

I believe the show will be on this year.
                              Bazin's quotes sound like they're going to be playing a lot of up and down hockey. With a team that is allegedly fast, it'd be good to see. Well conditioned combined with that style and who knows, maybe they wear a team down and steal a win or two over the course of the year (c'mon 10 total wins...)

Comment

Working...
                              X