Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '11-'12 - Time to say bye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinnipiac Bobcats '11-'12 - Time to say bye?

Here we go folks! The start of another season of Quinnipiac Bobcats hockey. With the returning talent and incoming freshman class, I think a first round bye is definitely achieveable this year.

Best of luck to the team for a successful season!

Hope to see lots of familiar faces this afternoon at the bank.

Go Q!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '11-'12 - Time to say bye?

Gameday at the Bank! See you all up there as we take on an Acadia team coming off a 7-0 loss to RPI. Without A Peer reports that one of the "goons" on Acadia took a run at one of their freshmen late in the game. So... this could be an exciting afternoon on the hill!

Comment

Sitting up top at the press box here at the Bank, gotta admit I'm pretty psyched for this game to get going! Really excited to see what some of these new guys look like on the ice, as well as the competition between Clarke and Hartzell.

Comment

Not a bad start at all. 5-2 over an overmatched Acadia team. Reactions will be up on the blog http://allnightwong.blogspot.com later.

Comment

Hockey at the Bank! Yeah, it was only an exhibition but it was still nice to see the blue and gold back in action. Everyone looked ready to go. It was hard to get a decent read on the freshmen but they all looked good. Clarke made some nice saves but wasn't really tested, and it was nice to see Jake Whiting get some game time even if it was less than 5 minutes.

Wonger made an observation to me during the game that he never saw the entire bench standing and cheering on their teamates. And they did it all game long. Maybe it's a new look, but whatever it is I like it and hope it continues. It was a "cohesivness" (wonger's word, not mine) that's been missing the past several seasons. I'm guessing Reid Cashman might be the impetus behind that as that's the type of leader he was when he played.

It was a good tune-up for what I hope will be a successful season. Bring on those Buckeyes!
          Last edited by MarkEagleUSA; 10-02-2011, 07:17 PM.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Chip Malafronte of the Register confirms reports that would be incoming goalie John Nauta, ya know the monster 6'7" kid will no longer be coming to the Q after facing 2 years and 16 of NCAA ineligibility for playing in 6 major junior games. He has decided to turn pro.

Comment

Very Nice Event Media Reception at the University Club last night. Great setting, Good crowd, good comments by the coaches and good questions by the media.

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/spo...eption_release

Comment

LOL thought this was a preemptive "Fire Rand" titled thread. Even I'd say give him some time this year.

@Ohio State this weekend. INCH has them as 7th place in the CCHA. Sweep would be a signal of intent but you could do a lot worse than a split on the road so early in the season.

Deciding between 11/11-12 Clarkson/SLU and 12/2-3 Union/RPI for a first half pilgrimage to the Bank. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn57 View Post
                  LOL thought this was a preemptive "Fire Rand" titled thread. Even I'd say give him some time this year.

@Ohio State this weekend. INCH has them as 7th place in the CCHA. Sweep would be a signal of intent but you could do a lot worse than a split on the road so early in the season.

Deciding between 11/11-12 Clarkson/SLU and 12/2-3 Union/RPI for a first half pilgrimage to the Bank. Any suggestions?
                  Both? Union and RPI will both have teams ranked in the top 20 for the good part of the season. Clarkson and SLU are both projected towards the bottom of the league. The fan turnout will be about the same for both weekends as none of these teams carry an Ivy League name or are nationally known. Your choice.

I feel real good about this weekend at Ohio State. With far less talented teams we have gone 3-1 over the last two years against them. I'm thinking Rand will split Clarke and Hartzell assuming both are healthy and the boys come away with nothing less than a split.

Comment

LOL thought this was a preemptive "Fire Rand" titled thread.
                    I didn't even think of it that way until you mentioned it.

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
                    I feel real good about this weekend at Ohio State. With far less talented teams we have gone 3-1 over the last two years against them.
                    Wonger has turned into a number cruncher. Me, I'm more a seat-of-the-pants type guy. I believe a sweep is possible given what we have this year. Certainly anything less than a split will be disappointing.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

I'd like to hear everyone's position on QU possibly being a candidate for Hockey East now that Notre Dame has joined. Would it be a good move for the Q? Are we anywhere near ready for that level of competition?

Personally, I'd love to see Quinnipiac in HE but I just don't feel we're anywhere near where we need to be on a skill level. We've gotten some great recruits but have also been a middle of the pack ECAC team. I feel we'd be much closer to the bottom of HE (at least at the start) and that would significantly impact recruiting. I also feel that our history (or lack thereof) hurts us if the league were to consider us.

Thoughts?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        I'd like to hear everyone's position on QU possibly being a candidate for Hockey East now that Notre Dame has joined. Would it be a good move for the Q? Are we anywhere near ready for that level of competition?

Personally, I'd love to see Quinnipiac in HE but I just don't feel we're anywhere near where we need to be on a skill level. We've gotten some great recruits but have also been a middle of the pack ECAC team. I feel we'd be much closer to the bottom of HE (at least at the start) and that would significantly impact recruiting. I also feel that our history (or lack thereof) hurts us if the league were to consider us.

Thoughts?
                        If Hockey East goes to 12 teams I would prefer QU over RPI. I know from first hand experience how much $$ the school has put into the athletic department and the TD Center (or whatever they call it nowadays).

I would take Quinnipiac over RPI and UConn anytime.
                        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

When the Notre Dame move was being discussed I wrote a blog post on it and the possible implications for Quinnipiac. You have to realize they would announce the move years before actually going which would in turn boost recruiting ten fold making Quinnipiac more of a legitimate contender in HE. Do I think they could compete with the BC's or BU's or UNH's right away? No. However, I think they could compete with the rest of the league more than admirably.

I broke the move down in a favorable way for the Q in my article a few weeks back. Here it is. http://allnightwong.blogspot.com/201...ramblings.html.

Comment

Think we'd eventually get the same kind of recruiting bump we did when we made the jump from AH to ECAC but right now I agree we'd be towards the bottom of the league.

Obviously it would be a must have for the non-conference slate but how much would everyone miss those Yale home and homes?

Comment

Obviously it would be a must have for the non-conference slate but how much would everyone miss those Yale home and homes?
                              Probably not at all as the teams would continue to schedule each other given that it's a guaranteed sellout against a quality opponent.
                              APBWiki

Comment

Working...
                              X