Minnesota State @ RPI (10/7 & 10/8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State @ RPI (10/7 & 10/8)

The first games that count for each team. RPI beat Acadia 7-0 on 10/1 and MSU will be playing UBC on Monday 10/3.

This is the first time that these two teams have ever met. I think that this will leave Canisius and UNO for RPI.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Minnesota State @ RPI (10/7 & 10/8)

Go Mavs!
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      The first games that count for each team. RPI beat Acadia 7-0 on 10/1 and MSU will be playing UBC on Monday 10/3.

This is the first time that these two teams have ever met. I think that this will leave Canisius and UNO for RPI.
      Also NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Also NMU.
        Thanks.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

These 2 games should give us some idea of what we have for this year. Nice result against Acadia but without knowing much more about Acadia, impossible to draw any conclusions. One thing though is for sure-beating anyone 7-0 is better than lots of other possible results. Go Red!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Even when the purple Mavs aren't very good, they hit everything that moves. I have always thought that they are UND without the scoring punch.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Even when the purple Mavs aren't very good, they hit everything that moves. I have always thought that they are UND without the scoring punch.
              Does that mean that RPI won't lose to them 6-0?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Does that mean that RPI won't lose to them 6-0?
                Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                  That's a positive sign.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Some notes for Mavericks fans that may drop by:

All RPI home games are covered by RPI TV, RPI's student-run volunteer television club. Our broadcasts feature upwards of six cameras, replays, graphics, and commentary by campus radio station WRPI. Our broadcast is (unfortunately) streamed via pay-per-view provider America One (link here). The quality of the actual stream is questionable, and the price is a bit steep, but if you want to see it live it's currently the only way. All our games are then uploaded to rpitv.org where they can be viewed for eternity entirely free and at maximum quality.

As an extra note, we'll (hopefully) be recording in HD for the first time ever this weekend. This actually won't mean any increase in quality for live viewing (thanks, America One.....), but the VODs will be available in glorious 1080p.

Looking forward to a great weekend of hockey (double headers are always nice),

RHam
                    RPI Class of 2012
                    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                      Some notes for Mavericks fans that may drop by:

All RPI home games are covered by RPI TV, RPI's student-run volunteer television club. Our broadcasts feature upwards of six cameras, replays, graphics, and commentary by campus radio station WRPI. Our broadcast is (unfortunately) streamed via pay-per-view provider America One (link here). The quality of the actual stream is questionable, and the price is a bit steep, but if you want to see it live it's currently the only way. All our games are then uploaded to rpitv.org where they can be viewed for eternity entirely free and at maximum quality.

As an extra note, we'll (hopefully) be recording in HD for the first time ever this weekend. This actually won't mean any increase in quality for live viewing (thanks, America One.....), but the VODs will be available in glorious 1080p.

Looking forward to a great weekend of hockey (double headers are always nice),

RHam
                      Nice to hear, thanks for the info!
                      Go Mavs!
                      Thanks for dropping by soh!
                      Jutting always gets this team to play hard, and play physical. We'll see what this team looks like a little bit tonight, and I'll post my post game analysis of our game with UBC tonight on here, to try and give the RPI fans a little bit more sense of what the team coming to town this weekend will look like. I'd guess tonight some o our top guys will sit out and stay rested and healthy, letting the rest of the guys finalize the twenty man roster..

Go Mavs!
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

My thoughts on last night's game:

Zach Lehrke is gonna be a player. The kid looked like our best player out there last night, he was quick, made good decisions, scored a nice goal, and is fast.

Phil Cook looked very sharp all night, had good rebound control, and made every save. He only played 30 minutes, but he looked good in those thirty minutes.

I would've liked to see our power play more than once last night, but the one chance we got, we looked horrific because nobody wants to shoot the puck. Everyone waits, tries to make the perfect pass, etc. PUT THE PUCK ON NET! (Of course, a few seconds after the power play ended we had a beautiful one time happen down low and scored a goal, so whatever.

We looked very disciplined defensively, which surprised me, but we'll see more this weekend. Palmquist seemed like he is a kind of guy who gets in the rush, and isn't afraid to play down low in the offensive zone.

Watch for Max Gaede to be a good player. He has a ton of skill, and he's got a good frame at 6' 3" which will help him get some extra scoring opportunities using his body.

We did indeed throw the body around a lot as well, which is always good to see.

All in all, I don't really have anything in depth as it was fairly tough to get a good look at what this team's going to be like.
                        AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          My thoughts on last night's game:

Zach Lehrke is gonna be a player. The kid looked like our best player out there last night, he was quick, made good decisions, scored a nice goal, and is fast.

Phil Cook looked very sharp all night, had good rebound control, and made every save. He only played 30 minutes, but he looked good in those thirty minutes.

I would've liked to see our power play more than once last night, but the one chance we got, we looked horrific because nobody wants to shoot the puck. Everyone waits, tries to make the perfect pass, etc. PUT THE PUCK ON NET! (Of course, a few seconds after the power play ended we had a beautiful one time happen down low and scored a goal, so whatever.

We looked very disciplined defensively, which surprised me, but we'll see more this weekend. Palmquist seemed like he is a kind of guy who gets in the rush, and isn't afraid to play down low in the offensive zone.

Watch for Max Gaede to be a good player. He has a ton of skill, and he's got a good frame at 6' 3" which will help him get some extra scoring opportunities using his body.

We did indeed throw the body around a lot as well, which is always good to see.

All in all, I don't really have anything in depth as it was fairly tough to get a good look at what this team's going to be like.
                          The one thing I will say that I haven't seen in the past is the defensemen seemed a little more aggressive in the offensive zone with when they chose to pinch. That may have just been young over exuberance, but something that I haven't seen in a while. I'm in favor of it if the the guys are disciplined in when they do it.

They looked good considering the losses of players and the early season status. Conditioning seemed to be lacking a bit in the third period. Seemed like there were a few guys that weren't quite ready for the game speed which Darren Blue pretty much admitted during the post game interview. I'm a bit more optimistic after that game and some of the things I've been reading than I was yesterday at this time. I know it's just exhibition, but you can tell a lot about a team's effort and drive in these types of games. The effort was definitely there and the comments being made (especially by Elbrecht) about finishing games and the damage of small mistakes is encouraging.
                          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                            The one thing I will say that I haven't seen in the past is the defensemen seemed a little more aggressive in the offensive zone with when they chose to pinch. That may have just been young over exuberance, but something that I haven't seen in a while. I'm in favor of it if the the guys are disciplined in when they do it.

They looked good considering the losses of players and the early season status. Conditioning seemed to be lacking a bit in the third period. Seemed like there were a few guys that weren't quite ready for the game speed which Darren Blue pretty much admitted during the post game interview. I'm a bit more optimistic after that game and some of the things I've been reading than I was yesterday at this time. I know it's just exhibition, but you can tell a lot about a team's effort and drive in these types of games. The effort was definitely there and the comments being made (especially by Elbrecht) about finishing games and the damage of small mistakes is encouraging.
                            I definitely agree with that point. I like the aggressiveness, but I really hope it doesn't hurt us too much this year. In theses Early Season games conditioning is always a factor, part of the reason I think we saw guys like Dorr and Elbrecht on the ice late in the game.
                            AF 99

Comment

Good luck this season Mavs. Hope to see you guys get out to a quick start.

Comment

Working...
                              X