Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Women's D-III Final to predetermined site

From the 9/28/11 NCAA News:

Supported the finals of the Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Championship being held at a predetermined site on a one-year trial basis for 2013. The championship is one of the few not held at a predetermined site currently. The Division III Women’s Ice Hockey Committee will evaluate whether future championships should be held at predetermined or non-predetermined sites.
    Thoughts and where does it go in the East?
    Plattsburgh?
    Norwich?
    Elmira?
    Baltimore?? (just kidding)
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2013 Women's D-III Final to predetermined site

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    From the 9/28/11 NCAA News:

Thoughts and where does it go in the East?
    Plattsburgh?
    Norwich?
    Elmira?
    Baltimore?? (just kidding)
    How about Oswego or Middlebury, two of the nicer rinks out east ?. So the question is, are they looking for a neutral site, or one with a strong team. If it is a neutral site, they should look for one with the right infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      How about Oswego or Middlebury, two of the nicer rinks out east ?. So the question is, are they looking for a neutral site, or one with a strong team. If it is a neutral site, they should look for one with the right infrastructure.
      I can't imagine them picking any place that wasn't one of the following:

Plattsburgh
      Norwich
      RIT
      Elmira
      Middlebury
      Oswego
      Bowdoin
      Lake Placid

Personally I think Lake Placid would be a great pick. Get all of D-III together for one huge hockey weekend at one of the most historic hockey places in the country. Play the women's semifinals on Friday, Men's semifinals on saturday with women's final to cap the night and then the men's final on sunday.

Eight teams, six games, one rink. Could it be any better?
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

I have been to 9 of the 10 women's DIII finals. The host schools do a great job and women's hockey is in the spotlight. I think it should stay that way!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          So the question is, are they looking for a neutral site, or one with a strong team.
          If it is like the Frozen Four site for D-I -- or more accurately, the National Collegiate Championship -- the host site is largely determined by who bids. Apparently, not may do, because after being in Duluth and Minneapolis in 2008 and 2010, it is back in those cities in 2012 and 2013. So for a school that never gets to host the D-III championship, here is its big chance.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            If it is like the Frozen Four site for D-I -- or more accurately, the National Collegiate Championship -- the host site is largely determined by who bids. Apparently, not may do, because after being in Duluth and Minneapolis in 2008 and 2010, it is back in those cities in 2012 and 2013. So for a school that never gets to host the D-III championship, here is its big chance.
            Well of course.... it is nothing like the Frozen Four for D1 --or more accurately, the Collegiate National Championship. How could it ever be...

Gezez man, give it a rest. We get it.
            Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 09-28-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

I'm saying sites have to bid to host -- no other agenda.

Comment

How about the same site as DI? Held on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon. No 3rd place game. Saturday afternoon would be DIII day - winners advance to Sunday at 1pm - losers go home. DI would be Friday at 4 and 7pm with winners going on Sunday at 5pm. No 3rd place game.
                Anyone?
                Last edited by 123kidd; 09-28-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I'm saying sites have to bid to host -- no other agenda.
                  Well if that's all your saying then why didn't you just say that?

Why is it that you felt compelled to lead with the "Frozen Four for D1"... and "more accurately, National Collegiate Championship" rhetoric on a D3 thread?

What purpose did that serve in the context of the thread title? Do you get some kind of a rush or personal satisfaction from relaying that type of intro to the D3 parents, players, coaches and followers that read it?

I would submit that you might take a valuable lesson from your colleague Chris Lerch from USCHO who's tag line reads "DIII, DI, Whatever".

He/She gets it.

Really...IMHO If you are going to continue to attempt to portray yourself as a credible correspondent for USCHO then you ought to leave this "sense of entitlement" discourse of yours at the dressing room door. It's getting old and a change in disposition just might make you believable.
                  Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 09-28-2011, 11:31 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Prez makes a bid that Lake Placid should host both championships in 2013.
                    Women's semis on Friday
                    Men's semis on Saturday
                    Women's final on Saturday
                    Men's final on Sunday.

The only rub will the times of the games on Saturday. If one of those games goes into marathon length, then what?? Do we us MSHSHL rules??
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                      Why is it that you felt compelled to lead with the "Frozen Four for D1"... and "more accurately, National Collegiate Championship" rhetoric on a D3 thread?
                      Personally, I'd have rather spoken about DI and DIII to distinguish the two, because that would be a lot fewer keystrokes every time it comes up. But the official name from the NCAA is the longer one that offends you. I'd go with DI/DII if that is what they really want to say, although the way they have the criteria set up, I'm not sure how DII teams would ever get considered. So I start to call it DI, then remember that there is no such thing, and add the rest to head off objection. Dream on, ARM.

Comment

I think if it's at Lake Placid, instead of cramming in 3 games on Saturday, they could do:

Women's semis-Friday
                        Men's semis-Saturday
                        Women's final-Sunday 1:00
                        Men's final-Sunday 5:00.

Comment

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                          I think if it's at Lake Placid, instead of cramming in 3 games on Saturday, they could do:

Women's semis-Friday
                          Men's semis-Saturday
                          Women's final-Sunday 1:00
                          Men's final-Sunday 5:00.
                          That could certainly work as well.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Or the other way around...Men's games Fri/Sun. Women on Sat/Sun. If the women want to keep the 3rd place game play it at 9AM Sunday
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Personally, I'd have rather spoken about DI and DIII to distinguish the two, because that would be a lot fewer keystrokes every time it comes up. But the official name from the NCAA is the longer one that offends you. I'd go with DI/DII if that is what they really want to say, although the way they have the criteria set up, I'm not sure how DII teams would ever get considered. So I start to call it DI, then remember that there is no such thing, and add the rest to head off objection. Dream on, ARM.
                              Everything was good until the dream on part Arm. Respect is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X