Jersey Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Battles

With everyone talking trash about the new season: I figured why not get the trash talking really going with what school has the best jersey:

my picks

10. Merrimack (my school and bias)
    9. Mercyhurst (love the stick for the y)
    8. Nebraska Omaha (bad *** maverick)
    7. Minnesota Duluth ( bulldog with swagger)
    6. Dartmouth (classic big green)
    5. Lake Superior (love the anchor)
    4. Cornell ( old school at its best)
    3. Wisconsin ( red, white plain simple)
    2. Boston University (hate the team but love that their jersey says Boston as the own the beanpot)
    1. North Dakota ( I don't care what you say about the other nine but the Sioux is by far the best and I hope it is kept)
    Rinks Visited
    DCU Center
    Tulley Forum
    TD Garden
    Tsongas Arena
    J. Thom Lawler Arena
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Agganis Arena
    Verizon Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Matthews Arena
    Thompson Arena
    Mullins Center
    Alfond Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Magness Arena
    Ingallas Arena
    Hart Center
    Prudential Center
    TD Bank Sports Center
    John A Ryan
    Lynah Rink
    Appleton Arena
    Cheel Arena
    Germain Arena
    XL Center
    Class of 1965 Arena

Re: Jersey Battles

Oregon Ducks!
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Not even trying to argue BC has a great jersey, but I also don't see what is so great about BU's.

Comment

The Blues, duh.

Comment

plain simple and they have had basically the same jersey forever. BC changes constantly, I wish the kept the yellow helmets.
          Rinks Visited
          DCU Center
          Tulley Forum
          TD Garden
          Tsongas Arena
          J. Thom Lawler Arena
          Conte Forum
          Whittemore Center
          Agganis Arena
          Verizon Center
          Gutterson Fieldhouse
          Matthews Arena
          Thompson Arena
          Mullins Center
          Alfond Arena
          Schneider Arena
          Magness Arena
          Ingallas Arena
          Hart Center
          Prudential Center
          TD Bank Sports Center
          John A Ryan
          Lynah Rink
          Appleton Arena
          Cheel Arena
          Germain Arena
          XL Center
          Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

Maine has the best jerseys in Hockey East.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Maine is # 11
              Rinks Visited
              DCU Center
              Tulley Forum
              TD Garden
              Tsongas Arena
              J. Thom Lawler Arena
              Conte Forum
              Whittemore Center
              Agganis Arena
              Verizon Center
              Gutterson Fieldhouse
              Matthews Arena
              Thompson Arena
              Mullins Center
              Alfond Arena
              Schneider Arena
              Magness Arena
              Ingallas Arena
              Hart Center
              Prudential Center
              TD Bank Sports Center
              John A Ryan
              Lynah Rink
              Appleton Arena
              Cheel Arena
              Germain Arena
              XL Center
              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

BC had the same uniforms from 2000-2001 until this season. Northeastern changes constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by MCgrad07 View Post
                  Maine is # 11

Maine's women's hockey team debuted modified sweaters this past weekend. Hopefully the Black Bear men keep the same sweater design that they've had since 1985. That being said, the Maine template is one of the best in all of hockey.

Comment

1. North Dakota ( I don't care what you say about the other nine but the Sioux is by far the best and I hope it is kept)
                    You can hope all you want. The name is gone after this season.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I was hoping this would have been about a Princeton player calling someone "muff cabbage", and then wanting it to be forgiven because "it's a Jersey thing".

Comment

My Top Jersey List:

10) UAH (Home and Road):I like the modern design, looks great on the ice.
                        9) Boston University (Home and Road): Real clean classic look.
                        8) Army (Home and Away): Real classy clean look. Looks sharp on tv.
                        7) Duluth (All 3 jerseys): The Bulldog's design is a simple look but colors pop well.
                        6) North Dakota ( Bkack Alternate): This one gets picked just because they never lose in them.
                        5) Colorado College (Alternate): The yellow gives the appearance of hornets swarming the ice; a nice faux throwback.
                        4) Denver: Nothing beats the Yellow CC alternates against the maroon DU road jerseys.
                        3) Omaha: the colors work well and they always give an intimidating presence.
                        2) Michigan: Nothing beats the Maize sweater. Last years outdoor game's jersey was the best since CC's 1950 sweater.
                        1) Air Force's Alterante: Super modern but has the best design in all of college hockey.
                        Colorado College Tigers

Comment

With everyone talking trash about the new season: I figured why not get the trash talking really going with what school has the best jersey:

my picks

10. Merrimack (my school and bias)
                          9. Mercyhurst (love the stick for the y)
                          8. Nebraska Omaha (bad *** maverick)
                          7. Minnesota Duluth ( bulldog with swagger)
                          6. Dartmouth (classic big green)
                          5. Lake Superior (love the anchor)
                          4. Cornell ( old school at its best)
                          3. Wisconsin ( red, white plain simple)
                          2. Boston University (hate the team but love that their jersey says Boston as the own the beanpot)
                          Given that 2-4 could all be lumped together (yes, I know the differences, but still...) who would be your other 2?

(I would post my own list, but I don't get to see enough games these days to know whether the images I have in my head are teams' current jerseys or not)
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Oregon aside....

I like some bad ***** s!it on the front

CC does it - tigers - winning - duh
                            UND - best of all time - maybe
                            UMD - dogs eat cats - not my thing
                            Mankato - not into purple cows
                            UNO - these cows are better
                            Maine - bear - bring it - winning? duh?
                            UAA - i'm not sure a seawolf is real thing but i'm all about it
                            Vermont - suck it b1ches - winning... duh!
                            UAF - bring me a polar bear any day

RIT
                            Clarkson
                            UNH
                            SCSU
                            Last edited by ronmexico; 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM.
                            Originally posted by vizoroo
                            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                            Originally posted by dggoddard
                            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I'll throw a unique one at you here. My list from not worst, to absolute worst:

10. CC Yellow throwback ones. Yellow doesn't belong on ice imo.
                              9. UAH I can't get over the mess of this jersey. A tint of Purple? What were they thinking, I think they should full out mimick the San Diego Chargers
                              8. (Sadly) UND's new jerseys. I LOVED the 02-10 jerseys. But the new ones are so disappointing and not unique (I still love the logo, just not the jersey)
                              7. Notre Dame jerseys. You sued the Sioux for the interlocking ND, use that. The wingdings "NOTRE DAME" doesn't do it for me.
                              6. Ferris State. Your logo looks like Matt Groening drew it..
                              5. Providence white. White on gray is just hard to watch.
                              4. Brown white jersey. This one looks like it belongs in some Euro hockey league.. And isn't brown!
                              3. UMass-Lowell. There really isn't a part of this jersey that is easy to look at..
                              2. UNO black and any alternate. I actually like the white, but the others honestly just have no flow what so ever.
                              1. Minnesota-Mankato, any, from any time period.
                              http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hocke...a/mns24a_f.jpg
                              To:
                              http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hocke...ha/mns29_f.jpg
                              is no improvement. You went from a homosexual NYR to a gay bull eyeing me from across the bar.
                              Last edited by PhatKroger10; 09-28-2011, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X