Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    The people who monitor the signs are already employed as the arena event staff and often times the arena supervisor looks at all the signs to make sure there is nothing vulgar. I could understand them wanting to ban the sexual innuendoes as a result of increased television coverage, but there are even ways to deal with that. e.g. the Michigan band plays over the students' penalty chant that is far worse than anything in college hockey. The signs are already censored. I don't see the problem of an "easy button" or "thank you seniors" sign. I have no doubt that you will see a decline in student attendance if this policy is for real.
    Driving principal of business, you want it cheap, fast or good? Pick 2.

Miami's atheltic department is cheap and fast.

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      Expanded Television coverage. Some of the chants have a negative conotation in terms of the universities image and they dont want the signs to be that way so instead of employing people to monitor it just get rid of it.
      That's just the thing... they have ALREADY been monitoring signs. My girlfriend tried to bring in a sign during the Michigan series a few years ago that said "Don't be such a Sauer-puss," in reference to Wolverine goaltender Billy Sauer. She was forced to trash it at the gate before they would let her in because "Sauer-puss" is apparently vulgar.
      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

It sucks that a few unfortunate signs ruin it for the rest of us, especially since 90% of the signs (at least behind the goal) just say "SIEVE"...

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
          It sucks that a few unfortunate signs ruin it for the rest of us, especially since 90% of the signs (at least behind the goal) just say "SIEVE"...
          Offensive to household tools.

Yup, I'm going to be that mature about this.

Comment

Luckily we can let @PresHodge know we feel on this topic. RHM raises valid concerns about the increased television exposure, but in typical administration fashion they have overreacted in a silly manner. Screen the signs if you must, but give me a break. Best case scenario would be the students keeping it below a golf clap this weekend to illustrate the absurdity of the situation. Oh well. Hodge gonna Hodge.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              That's just the thing... they have ALREADY been monitoring signs. My girlfriend tried to bring in a sign during the Michigan series a few years ago that said "Don't be such a Sauer-puss," in reference to Wolverine goaltender Billy Sauer. She was forced to trash it at the gate before they would let her in because "Sauer-puss" is apparently vulgar.
              Frankly, I would have expected more from her. She's a teacher and all!
              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Best case scenario would be constant whooping for 60 minutes on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                  Luckily we can let @PresHodge know we feel on this topic. RHM raises valid concerns about the increased television exposure, but in typical administration fashion they have overreacted in a silly manner. Screen the signs if you must, but give me a break. Best case scenario would be the students keeping it below a golf clap this weekend to illustrate the absurdity of the situation. Oh well. Hodge gonna Hodge.
                  Come on. You can't even see the puck on ONN. Do they really think we could read the signs too?

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    Come on. You can't even see the puck on ONN. Do they really think we could read the signs too?
                    I thought we were going to be on NBC with Doc Emrick calling the games? WTH did we join this conference for?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      I thought we were going to be on NBC with Doc Emrick calling the games? WTH did we join this conference for?!?
                      Yeah good thing we didnt go HEA. All games broadcast by Bob Norton

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

INCH's 2011-2012 CCHA Preview

INCH predicts a 1st place conference finish for Miami and looks at Reilly Smith and Tyler Biggs as the league's "Best Player" and "Impact Newcomer," respectively.
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

BG to the WCHA, looks like this is all about over. Just in time for real hockey to start!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                            INCH's 2011-2012 CCHA Preview

INCH predicts a 1st place conference finish for Miami and looks at Reilly Smith and Tyler Biggs as the league's "Best Player" and "Impact Newcomer," respectively.
                            I really do not get the pre-season predictions for Miami. People seems to forget what MU lost. Watching Sunday, especially with Smith out, there was a lot less skill than we are used to. I guess Miele, Camper, Canonne, et al. spoiled me for the last few years. I know the freshmen are good on paper, but they are freshmen, and a couple are very young. I liked most so far although I do not see it yet from Biggs. I'm sure it is there, but I just have not seen it and I've been to a few practices, the scrimmages against the pros, and Sunday. We'll see how it goes, but I think RHM has it right about this year. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                              I really do not get the pre-season predictions for Miami. People seems to forget what MU lost. Watching Sunday, especially with Smith out, there was a lot less skill than we are used to. I guess Miele, Camper, Canonne, et al. spoiled me for the last few years. I know the freshmen are good on paper, but they are freshmen, and a couple are very young. I liked most so far although I do not see it yet from Biggs. I'm sure it is there, but I just have not seen it and I've been to a few practices, the scrimmages against the pros, and Sunday. We'll see how it goes, but I think RHM has it right about this year. We'll see.
                              That's been my view all summer as well.

It's probably fair to assume that the majority of writers, and fans on here putting us high on their own polls, only see Miami play once or twice a season.

I think they look at our roster, and see a team with 9 seniors, a great recruiting class, and just assume the devloped talent is there to complement the new kids. In reality, there has been little offensive production from that senior class, and none of them, outside of Hirsch, have really shown anything to indicate that they are poised to start putting the puck in the net during their final season.

The scoring void left by Miele/Camper/Cannone is not going to be filled by Vogelhuber, Tommassioni, and Tiesling, but it seems like a lot of the writers are assuming that is the case with their "veteren team ready to step up" stick.

Maybe our defense and Cody/Connor really can carry us for the first half of the season. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                The scoring void left by Miele/Camper/Cannone is not going to be filled by Vogelhuber, Tommassioni, and Tiesling, but it seems like a lot of the writers are assuming that is the case with their "veteren team ready to step up" stick.
                                This is obviously true, but our offensive production last season was quite top-heavy. It would be too much to ask 3 senior forwards to completely replace Miele/Camper/Cannone, but I think what a lot of outside observers see is the potential for a lot more depth up front (which I agree with, to an extent).

Comment

Working...
                                X