Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

I don't know how long the suspension is, and though I've known about it for some time, just didn't see the need to publish until now. I believe he's out at least through next weekend. But, who knows??
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
      I don't know how long the suspension is, and though I've known about it for some time, just didn't see the need to publish until now. I believe he's out at least through next weekend. But, who knows??
      Obviously don't know what he did this time, but Curtis and Reilly did play on Saturday against UNH last year after their little transgressions.

Also, I guess this means Cook is really low man on the totem poll, unless he's hurt.

Comment

I swear, I'm going to bed and ending my spamming after this, but worth noting Weber and Hartman were split up tonight for the first time in awhile (ever?)

Weber-Wideman
        Schilling-Spinell
        Paulides-Hartman

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          I swear, I'm going to bed and ending my spamming after this, but worth noting Weber and Hartman were split up tonight for the first time in awhile (ever?)

Weber-Wideman
          Schilling-Spinell
          Paulides-Hartman
          If Benny and Big Joe are out at the same time as tonights second line, someone from the other team is just gonna get hurt...

Tomassoni - Czarnik - Vogelhuber
          CMac - Coleman - BIGGS
          Paulazzo - Wideman Jr - The Hirsch
          Murphy - Mason - Mullin

Most interesting stat... Coleman with 13 shots on net Glad to see he's not afraid to fire away, lets hope he can bury them at the U like he did in the U last year.

Comment

Weber-Wideman
            Schilling-Spinell
            Paulides-Hartman
            Funny that someone else noticed that, but I thought the defensive pairings looked pretty decent. Paulides actually looked better than I expected, though he did look a little green at some points.

Comment

You're the only student on this board, suposed to have the inside track on these things, step your game up!

Let's hope he will be back in short order. The freshmen looked good, for freshmen, whether or not this team is going to be able to score out of the gate on the big boys is still a complete unknown. Going to be leaning on Reilly in the early going.

Also, unless I just missed it, there were no "A"s out there today, guess we are just rolling with two "C"s.

Edit: Just saw 95's post on mht. Sigh Reilly, sigh.
              What did 95 post? I couldn't find it.
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                What did 95 post? I couldn't find it.
                Suspended for disciplinary reasons, again.

Comment

Just saw someone on mht say that signs will not be allowed in the student section this year.

I'll keep my comments about our administration to myself on this one, I'm defeated.

Comment

Just saw someone on mht say that signs will not be allowed in the student section this year.

I'll keep my comments about our administration to myself on this one, I'm defeated.
                    That is bogus! They already monitored signs to make sure they weren't inappropriate. Most of them were witty and fun... what possible excuse is there for banning them outright? It's starting to seem like there's a systematic effort to alienate the devoted student fans. I've read threads from other schools where they have made similar nonsensical changes to game day rules and have seen a subsequent decline in student attendance and atmosphere... Do they really want to trade in the electric hockey experience for the library atmosphere of the basketball games?

Give me a break. Next they'll say that everyone in the student section has to remain seated during the game.
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      Give me a break. Next they'll say that everyone in the student section has to remain seated during the game.
                      You're going to give em ideas...just keep those to yourself!
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Good thing "sign girl" graduated.

The no signs policy is completely absurd. I struggle to grasp how even the folks over at Roudebush could justify this...

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                          That is bogus! They already monitored signs to make sure they weren't inappropriate. Most of them were witty and fun... what possible excuse is there for banning them outright? It's starting to seem like there's a systematic effort to alienate the devoted student fans. I've read threads from other schools where they have made similar nonsensical changes to game day rules and have seen a subsequent decline in student attendance and atmosphere... Do they really want to trade in the electric hockey experience for the library atmosphere of the basketball games?

Expanded Television coverage. Some of the chants have a negative conotation in terms of the universities image and they dont want the signs to be that way so instead of employing people to monitor it just get rid of it.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                            Expanded Television coverage. Some of the chants have a negative conotation in terms of the universities image and they dont want the signs to be that way so instead of employing people to monitor it just get rid of it.

The sad part of it is, that aside from the promotional sign nights, there are maybe only 10 or 15 people who bring posters in on a regular basis. Would it be that difficult to have a sign approval area that would require <10 minutes of an atheltic office emplyoee's time?
                            Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-05-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                              The people who monitor the signs are already employed as the arena event staff and often times the arena supervisor looks at all the signs to make sure there is nothing vulgar. I could understand them wanting to ban the sexual innuendoes as a result of increased television coverage, but there are even ways to deal with that. e.g. the Michigan band plays over the students' penalty chant that is far worse than anything in college hockey. The signs are already censored. I don't see the problem of an "easy button" or "thank you seniors" sign. I have no doubt that you will see a decline in student attendance if this policy is for real.

Comment

Exactly. MUnRPI mentioned "sign girl", I can almost guarntee you that she was the driving reason for this change. How long was the university going to let someone have a sign that said "Andy, I want your stick" before they did something, although I figured that "something" would be increased monitoring/censoring. Leave it to the jersey chasers to ruin it for the rest of us, she's graduated and lives on the other side of the country now, we're all good!!

The sad part of it is, that aside from the promotional sign nights, there are maybe only 10 or 15 people who bring posters in on a regular basis. Would it be that difficult to have a sign approval area that would require <10 minutes of an atheltic office emplyoee's time?
                                The sad part is that 75% of the students that attend games go for the atmosphere. Killing the atmosphere would drive those students away. I'm not saying that signs are essential to the atmosphere but it's the policy that is disheartening.

Comment

Working...
                                X