Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    HB, I gave you a perfect opportunity to be clever....you failed. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.
    I thought that I was more clever was already proven by the fact I attended Ohio State and you didn't. lol!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

And they're off!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        And they're off!
        Hey, I didn't start it, MiamiRedhawks2008 did. But hey, all in good fun, right? That's what a friendly rivalry is all about and sadly it just won't seem that same after the Big Ten conference starts. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go listen to my coach on USCHO LIve explain how to pluck a Redhawk.
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Hey, I didn't start it, MiamiRedhawks2008 did. But hey, all in good fun, right? That's what a friendly rivalry is all about and sadly it just won't seem that same after the Big Ten conference starts. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go listen to my coach on USCHO LIve explain how to pluck a Redhawk.
          On this note, has the columbus alumni chapter established a "Miami Section" for friday's game?

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
            On this note, has the columbus alumni chapter established a "Miami Section" for friday's game?
            Amusingly when we play there's so much color red in the place it's hard to tell the fans apart at first glance. You guys have always traveled well coming to Columbus and represent your team well. Too bad seats are so hard to come by at Goggin that we can't return the favor.

Comment

Indeed, all in good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                There is, we probably won't have time to swing by Bdubs to get tickets from them, but you can probably call/email whoever is in charge of it and find out where the section is and buy seats in that area. RHBM posted the link a couple pages ago.

Edit: I lied, they do a pickup at the arena as well, deadline is today.

Link
                Last edited by MUhawks628; 12-07-2011, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Amusingly when we play there's so much color red in the place it's hard to tell the fans apart at first glance. You guys have always traveled well coming to Columbus and represent your team well. Too bad seats are so hard to come by at Goggin that we can't return the favor.
                  Couldn't agree more. I was in architecture school there when they built The Goggin. All of my friends said that it should have been at least another 1,500-2,000 seats larger. It might have worked at the current capacity (3,500 combined i believe) if there was room for future expansion. But the way that they designed it, there is no room for more seating....anywhere.

Sad.
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

I thought that I was more clever was already proven by the fact I attended Ohio State and you didn't. lol!
                    I'm hoping you're an Ag major.

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

Couldn't agree more. I was in architecture school there when they built The Goggin. All of my friends said that it should have been at least another 1,500-2,000 seats larger. It might have worked at the current capacity (3,500 combined i believe) if there was room for future expansion. But the way that they designed it, there is no room for more seating....anywhere.

Sad.
                      "You don't build a church for Easter Sunday"

Goggin is the prefect size. We JUST fill it up for BG/NMU/ect. Sure we could put 5k in there for Michigan/Ohio State/ND - but I'd rather have it be "full" night in and night out. You could make the argument that if there were more student seats it would increase student interest since it would decrease the need for line waiting, but that wouldn't help visiting fans/alumni.

Comment

Goggin is the prefect size. We JUST fill it up for BG/NMU/ect. Sure we could put 5k in there for Michigan/Ohio State/ND - but I'd rather have it be "full" night in and night out. You could make the argument that if there were more student seats it would increase student interest since it would decrease the need for line waiting, but that wouldn't help visiting fans/alumni.
                        The line waiting is what makes it a special experience! You have to work to get your seats

Comment

I can't agree with that. I think that they could easily fill another 1500 people in there on a nightly basis. If that's not the case, then the interest must be waning.

Comment

on a completely unrelated topic, i thought this was great news:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...o_continue.php

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                              The line waiting is what makes it a special experience! You have to work to get your seats
                              Sitting on those stairs has made me a stronger person. Ok not really, but that's what I tell myself to justify all the hours I spent staring at the bannister in that **** line. It's weird going to games with a ticket, all those hours in line made victories all the sweeter and defeats all the more expensive (god I need a what?).

Comment

I can't agree with that. I think that they could easily fill another 1500 people in there on a nightly basis. If that's not the case, then the interest must be waning.
                                Did you graduate in 08? If so, yeah, it has wained. Season ticket holders can't be bothered to show up for "lesser" games and their seats stay empty, students have perpetuated the myth that you HAVE to sit in line for 8 hours to see ANY game, and go four years without ever setting foot in Goggin to see for themselves, which is why I say more student seats may work if you could eliminate that misconception.
                                Last edited by MUhawks628; 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X