Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    Is it just me or is this a bit of a trap game/series? I'm just not that excited about it. We've had a some very big weekends the past month and I'm just not that stoked about playing a depleted, rebuilding Northern team. I hope that this is not endemic of the team. Perhaps it will help that the team is so young and many of these kids haven't played at Northern yet - it might keep them intrigued and excited.

Thoughts?
    Agreed. Calling split on the blog for reasons that I cannot fully articulate.
    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
      I seem to remember that guy in Washington in '09 pulling hard for the RedHawks in his Northern gear. If it is the same guy I am thinking of, he is a great guy. He also made it to Oxford a few years ago.
      The one and the same.

http://www.pictureprints.net/albums/3271/0147.jpg

Comment

Plane is in the shop and I wont be able to make this one. Is anyone else buying the feed?

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
          http://******* width="640" height="3...mbed></object>

I'm not sure this will work because I've never posted a video, but here's a link if you want to "hear" Goofus: Goofus sings NMU fight song

Edit: no, it didn't work...so try the link.
          Last edited by aygwm2; 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

• Suck

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              Suck
              If we could allow more late third period goals this year, that would be awesome. (dripping with sarcasm...)

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                If we could allow more late third period goals this year, that would be awesome. (dripping with sarcasm...)
                Sounds like we weren't getting the puck in deep and most of our shots came from the blue line. credit to northern

Comment

Well I think I've heard enough for tonight, this team is all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                    Well I think I've heard enough for tonight, this team is all over the place.
                    I feel like we need to give them the benefit of a doubt considering we don't get to watch it tonight. From what I'm reading on twitter it sounds like we don't stand a chance with all the penalties and that all the calls aren't exactly fair. But who knows....

Comment

• Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Suck

Comment

Well, at least this weekend is behind us. Now Miami gets to play a series against the #1 PWR ranked OSU (that just feels strange to type), hopefully whatever the guys caught up in Marquette this weekend doesn't come back with them.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                          Well, at least this weekend is behind us. Now Miami gets to play a series against the #1 PWR ranked OSU (that just feels strange to type), hopefully whatever the guys caught up in Marquette this weekend doesn't come back with them.
                          It feels just as strange to us, but in a good way. lol! Hey, as Miami knows firsthand it come down to having a good coach and I think we landed a winner. Have a safe drive up from Oxford and we'll see you guys Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                            I feel like we need to give them the benefit of a doubt considering we don't get to watch it tonight. From what I'm reading on twitter it sounds like we don't stand a chance with all the penalties and that all the calls aren't exactly fair. But who knows....
                            @MiamiIceHockey was a little salty last night to be sure lol. We very rarely adjust to how a game is being called, I'm sure the penalties were perfectly fair.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              @MiamiIceHockey was a little salty last night to be sure lol. We very rarely adjust to how a game is being called, I'm sure the penalties were perfectly fair.
                              Just trying to be a little optimistic - can't help but be a little worried about this weekend. Especially when we're trekking up to Columbus the weekend before exams

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                                Just trying to be a little optimistic - can't help but be a little worried about this weekend. Especially when we're trekking up to Columbus the weekend before exams
                                At least you have your priorities correct, traveling for hockey always trumps studying.

Comment

Working...
                                X