Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
    I think that's the key. I'm all for going with the hot hand but I'd also like to make sure Connor sees some action and builds up confidence in case Cody gets sick/injured or just hits a bad stretch.
    I think the reason Cody played tonight was because Connor is still injured - I saw him on crutches with his knee wrapped again this week so maybe they are trying not to play him but would be willing to put him in over Saksa if something really bad happened to Cody....

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Miami didn't lose that game, Reichard did. Otherwise I thought Miami played very well.
      NMU '10

Comment

Originally posted by sonny21 View Post
        How did Biggs play in both games???
        Leafs fan?

I wasn't able to see the Saturday game, but Biggs' improvement has been a joy to watch. Great instincts, heavy wrist shot, loves to hit people as much as advertised. Still seems to loose a few too many battles along the boards, and one of these days he will manage to turn what seems to be his go to deke into a shot, but fun, fun player to watch, and is getting noticeably better week to week.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
          Leafs fan?

I wasn't able to see the Saturday game, but Biggs' improvement has been a joy to watch. Great instincts, heavy wrist shot, loves to hit people as much as advertised. Still seems to loose a few too many battles along the boards, and one of these days he will manage to turn what seems to be his go to deke into a shot, but fun, fun player to watch, and is getting noticeably better week to week.
          I've always been amazed that a guy of his size can maneuver that well. He blew by a few defenders this weekend with some pretty slick moves.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
            I've always been amazed that a guy of his size can maneuver that well. He blew by a few defenders this weekend with some pretty slick moves.
            I mean he's no VAIVE, but he got some skills

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              Leafs fan?

Yes Leafs fan, and thanks for responding. Since I can't watch any of the games, only way I can stay updated on the play of Biggs and his development is on twitter and this forum.

I appreciate any updates on how he plays and how his coming along regularly.

Cheers.

Comment

Yes Leafs fan, and thanks for responding. Since I can't watch any of the games, only way I can stay updated on the play of Biggs and his development is on twitter and this forum.

Cheers.
                Np. You can look up his scoring plays and check them out here if you are so inclined.

Highlights

Comment

• Originally posted by sonny21 View Post

Cheers.
                  Go Leafs Go

Comment

Not a good way to keep the Tyler Biggs discussion going, but:

@Tyler_Biggs "Denver bound wish I was playing but excited to watch the boys get two big wins #gohawks"

Is he hurt? I didn't notice anything on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                      Not a good way to keep the Tyler Biggs discussion going, but:

@Tyler_Biggs "Denver bound wish I was playing but excited to watch the boys get two big wins #gohawks"

Is he hurt? I didn't notice anything on Saturday night.
                      I noticed he grabbed his arm after getting hit pretty hard on Saturday, but that's all I can think of...maybe something happened in practice or something serious ended up being wrong with his arm after the game? Rico seems to be keeping a lot of information under wraps this year.

Comment

Has it been confirmed yet that Biggs isn't playing based on a injury?

Btw, who are Biggs's line mates that he plays with? I asked about ice time but I know college hockey doesn't keep track of that.

Comment

Has it been confirmed yet that Biggs isn't playing based on a injury?

Btw, who are Biggs's line mates that he plays with? I asked about ice time but I know college hockey doesn't keep track of that.
                          He's usually on a line with McKenzie, Hirschfeld, Schilling, and Spinell

Comment

Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving, I'll be stuck gametracker-watching tonight

Bummer about Biggs, but I can still see Miami grinding this one out. We have had quite a bit of luck against DU these last few years, hopefully that will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                              Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving, I'll be stuck gametracker-watching tonight

Bummer about Biggs, but I can still see Miami grinding this one out. We have had quite a bit of luck against DU these last few years, hopefully that will continue.
                              As far as I can tell there isn't any video for the game tonight, what kind of janky operation is the Gwoz running out in Denver these days

Standard view for a fee tomorrow night against Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                                He's usually on a line with McKenzie, Hirschfeld, Schilling, and Spinell
                                Thanks you.

Comment

Working...
                                X