Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Blood on your sweater makes you a REAL fan. The rest of us are just fakers.
    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Game day, que up the Smashing Pumpkins.

Comment

Go miami go go miami!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
          Blood on your sweater makes you a REAL fan. The rest of us are just fakers.
          I have a red sweater, guess we'll never know how much of a fan I am.

Also, I'm feeling a Hawks sweep this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
            I definitely agree about this weekend. Im anxious to see how/ if they maintain the intensity. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a hangover from the UM series hopefully I am proven wrong.
            I think the upperclassmen were embarassed enough by our start, and the freshmen still hungry enough that this won't happen. At least, I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
              I have a red sweater, guess we'll never know how much of a fan I am.

Also, I'm feeling a Hawks sweep this weekend.
              Where do you normally sit?

Comment

*Knock on wood*

This is refreshing.

Comment

Lets hope Coleman can pull off the hat trick!
                  Last edited by muredhawks07; 11-18-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Solid performance tonight. Everyone seemed a bit tired though - both the players and crowd. I think it was a long week for everyone.

Let's do it again tomorrow, go hawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                      *Knock on wood*

This is refreshing.
                      back on the bandwagoon?

This 5 game win streak is the exact reason why people shouldn't overreact to the beginning of the season in any year. So much hockey to be played in a season, patience pays off.

Don't mean to just call you out, your not the only one who got negative after the start....Just noticed you more I guess and you post often. Just think its really funny how this fan base is a constant roller coaster some times. Its not a finished product by any means but this team is starting to figure it out and has so much talent than when they really start clicking offensively it will come in bunches. Goaltending has settled down as well as the defensive unit. Been refreshing to see lately the effort and focus level a lot higher. About to hit a tough stretch after tomorrow playing 9 of their next 10 on the road. We will really see what this team is made of after this next 10 game stretch after this weekend.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                        Where do you normally sit?
                        Generally in the corner opposite the band, about 3-4 rows up from the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          back on the bandwagoon?

This 5 game win streak is the exact reason why people shouldn't overreact to the beginning of the season in any year. So much hockey to be played in a season, patience pays off.

Don't mean to just call you out, your not the only one who got negative after the start....Just noticed you more I guess and you post often. Just think its really funny how this fan base is a constant roller coaster some times. Its not a finished product by any means but this team is starting to figure it out and has so much talent than when they really start clicking offensively it will come in bunches. Goaltending has settled down as well as the defensive unit. Been refreshing to see lately the effort and focus level a lot higher. About to hit a tough stretch after tomorrow playing 9 of their next 10 on the road. We will really see what this team is made of after this next 10 game stretch after this weekend.
                          I'm not sure you can blame us being leery of a slow start. This is by far the youngest team we've had in a long time and I, since we're in uncharted waters so to speak, don't think it's outside the realm to question how the young ones are picking up the system.

That being said, it is nice to see things turning around.
                          Last edited by MiamiRedhawks2008; 11-19-2011, 06:51 AM.
                          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

On a side note, good to see we can have actual discussion on here without name calling and personal attacks makes this place more enjoyable than in recent years.
                            back on the bandwagoon?
                            You're right, it was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                              Generally in the corner opposite the band, about 3-4 rows up from the glass.
                              It's a good thing there are less than 10 people on here, if we ever decided to have a USCHO poster party we wouldn't need a permit

Comment

Looking back on it, even a score of 4-0 doesn't do justice to how lopsided that game was. I can't believe how well we kept the puck in the BG zone, there were times when i think their players were going on 2.5-3 minute shifts. BG definitely had a few chances at net, but Cody looked sharp as well. As much faith as I have in both goalies, I say leave Cody in until he drops a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X