Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
    Box score at MURedHawks not even showing DQ now for Vogelhuber...hmm...
    Interesting. I know they were talking during the post-game that Rico may challenge that since it was the end of the game and players were leaving both benches anyway.

Wait... I just looked. It still shows his penalty for "LEAVING BENCH" and I believe that's all it showed last night, as well. The other box scores are still specifically showing the DQ. Doubt there was any change. Plus, I believe they only assessed the DQ after reviewing video to confirm he left the bench to get involved.
    Last edited by RedhawkBandMan; 11-12-2011, 11:00 AM.
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
      Interesting. I know they were talking during the post-game that Rico may challenge that since it was the end of the game and players were leaving both benches anyway.

Wait... I just looked. It still shows his penalty for "LEAVING BENCH" and I believe that's all it showed last night, as well. The other box scores are still specifically showing the DQ. Doubt there was any change. Plus, I believe they only assessed the DQ after reviewing video to confirm he left the bench to get involved.
      It's probably a DQ. And, the number of dumb plays by Vogelhuber this year continues to climb. Swap out his experience for Czarnik's talent...guess that's a pretty even trade.
      http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
        They should head over to MiamiHawkTalk... they'd fit right in. Few hockey bands can compete with the Michigan hockey band, and Miami is not one of those few. However, Miami's hockey band is definitely better than the majority of others I've seen/heard (and I am certainly unbiased ). Of course, as long as they're playing the Miami Fight Song during the games, they'll sound great to me!
        play the Chief Song!

Comment

Was anyone else bothered by 'play to not lose' strategy in the 3rd? I loved the first two periods, but I was less than thrilled to witness them dumping it into the Michigan zone and hold the middle while Mich gained possession, got full speed and brought it into the Miami zone. It felt like a 20 minute penalty kill.

Look, I get it when you outclass the opposition, but not against Michigan. They have the ability to change the gqme on a dime. They did pick it up in the last couple mminutes (namely Reilly Smith), butI just wanted to see agression throughall 20 minutes.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
            Was anyone else bothered by 'play to not lose' strategy in the 3rd? I loved the first two periods, but I was less than thrilled to witness them dumping it into the Michigan zone and hold the middle while Mich gained possession, got full speed and brought it into the Miami zone. It felt like a 20 minute penalty kill.

Look, I get it when you outclass the opposition, but not against Michigan. They have the ability to change the gqme on a dime. They did pick it up in the last couple mminutes (namely Reilly Smith), butI just wanted to see agression throughall 20 minutes.
            There were definitely a few times in the third where it looked like they were pulling back and hoping to ride out the lead, but I thought overall they kept decent pressure up through the end. But yes, Reilly Smith was working incredibly hard out there. That 10-15 seconds in the final minutes where he single-handedly kept the puck in the Michigan zone, forcing Hunwick to stay in net and frustrating the entire Michigan squad, was an amazing individual effort.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              There were definitely a few times in the third where it looked like they were pulling back and hoping to ride out the lead, but I thought overall they kept decent pressure up through the end. But yes, Reilly Smith was working incredibly hard out there. That 10-15 seconds in the final minutes where he single-handedly kept the puck in the Michigan zone, forcing Hunwick to stay in net and frustrating the entire Michigan squad, was an amazing individual effort.
              don't get me wrong, yesterday was awesome!!! ... it's just something that gives me pause for tonight.
              Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Excellent effort by Miami tonight battling a ton of adversity...2-0 deficit and two disallowed goals. As much as Michigan "fans" complain about the '10 NCAA Regional, Miami got shafted out of a victory tonight (not that any of them will admit as such). The tie and shootout win will have to do. Miami is now 8-3-1 in the last 12 against the Wolverines.
                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Paulazzo. Da Fu#%!?!?!?

Comment

What was the reason for the overturned goal? Something about the skate directing the puck in the goal, or the BIGGS entering the crease before the puck (I know this rule was overturned in the NHL, but not sure about NCAA).

Either way, it was great to see this team with some fire power (now if they could fix those clearing errors). I'm hoping to see that Paulazzo goal on youtube.

Comment

Whoop Whoop!

Comment

• Wooooooooop! Wooooooop! Wooooooop!

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                          Paulazzo. Da Fu#%!?!?!?
                          Hah, I said the same exact thing

Comment

Most on here are sad that the Big Ten Hockey Conference will threaten the fabric of college hockey. I'm sad because it's going to take away our free wins against Michigan every year. Woooooooooooooooooooooop

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                              Most on here are sad that the Big Ten Hockey Conference will threaten the fabric of college hockey. I'm sad because it's going to take away our free wins against Michigan every year. Woooooooooooooooooooooop
                              Woooooooooooooooooop.

Comment

Kawwwwwww!!! Kawwwwwwww!!! Kawwwwwwwww!!

Comment

Working...
                                X