This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
    well, that period was the absolute best Miami has played yet!!!
    This calls for the post Fort Wayne victory chant...

Wooooooooop! Wooooooop! Wooooooop!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Drinks on me!!!!!!!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
        This calls for the post Fort Wayne victory chant...

Wooooooooop! Wooooooop! Wooooooop!
        Quite possibly the best game I have ever been to. The fights at the end were a nice touch. Love and Honor!

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
          Quite possibly the best game I have ever been to. The fights at the end were a nice touch. Love and Honor!
          A nice touch except for the fact that Vogelhuber got suspended for tomorrow night because of it... Not worth it.

But regardless, that was far and away the best game Miami has played this year (obviously). I'm sure it helps that it's Michigan and the team ALWAYS seems hungry to beat Michigan (e.g. @learn2skate24 (Garrett Kennedy) Nothing better than waking up today knowing your playing Michigan later #leggggoo). But Miami-Michigan usually means a lot of penalty minutes and, other than the scuffle at the end, both teams seems focused and disciplined, which made for some great hockey. Everything seemed to be going well. Crisp passes, traffic in the Michigan crease, sustained pressure, and strong defense. Reichard also held some great saves, particularly that game-saving glove save in the last couple minutes.

I'm very sad I won't be able to watch tomorrow night but I'll be following the Twitter feed as much as possible. It should be a high-energy game, though hopefully still relatively clean. After tonight's performance I can definitely see tomorrow tilting either way, but a sweep sure would be sweet!
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Congrats! Good to see you guys bounce back. Looking forward to seeing the Redhawks here in two weeks.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

McKenzie out for tomorrow, too, due to the post-game extracurriculars.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                McKenzie out for tomorrow, too, due to the post-game extracurriculars.
                Wow, who the heck is going to be playing forward for us tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                  Wow, who the heck is going to be playing forward for us tomorrow?
                  Looks like Czarnik and Mason will be out there tomorrow

Comment

Only DQ I'm seeing is Vogelhuber for leaving the bench.
                    http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                      Only DQ I'm seeing is Vogelhuber for leaving the bench.
                      Ah you're right. McKenzie is just a misconduct.

Comment

With the win, Miami moved into 7th place in the CCHA. 2 points behind #6 Michigan, 1 point in front of #8 Northern Michigan, and 3 points in front of #9 Michigan State, though Michigan State has 2 games in hand over everyone except Bowling Green. Needless to say, a win tomorrow (tonight) puts us at 6th in front of Michigan and potentially within a win of breaking back into the top 4. Obviously there is a lot of hockey left to be played, but it's nice to see things moving in the right direction.

Comment

If anyone is interested here is the link to a Michigan forum on a different website, I was amused by some of their comments.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/m-v-miam...ey-open-thread

Comment

Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                            If anyone is interested here is the link to a Michigan forum on a different website, I was amused by some of their comments.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/m-v-miam...ey-open-thread
                            Hah, taking shots at the Miami band... that's desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                              Hah, taking shots at the Miami band... that's desperate.
                              They should head over to MiamiHawkTalk... they'd fit right in. Few hockey bands can compete with the Michigan hockey band, and Miami is not one of those few. However, Miami's hockey band is definitely better than the majority of others I've seen/heard (and I am certainly unbiased ). Of course, as long as they're playing the Miami Fight Song during the games, they'll sound great to me!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                Ah you're right. McKenzie is just a misconduct.
                                Box score at MURedHawks not even showing DQ now for Vogelhuber...hmm...
                                http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                                X