Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
    More game-tracker watching for me tonight. Hopefully we will see some more tough defense, I'm sure Alaska will be hungry for a win tonight.

Side note: My previous goalie comment wasn't a vote of no confidence in Connor, but rather an acknowledgement that Cody clearly stole that game for us.
    Don't worry... definitely understood your point and it's a tempting argument. But as 08 pointed out, Rico doesn't seem interested in setting aside the rotation until playoff time unless one of the two has a string of bad outings.
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
      Side note: My previous goalie comment wasn't a vote of no confidence in Connor, but rather an acknowledgement that Cody clearly stole that game for us.
      I didn't take that as a slight to CK. It seems like we have this discussion every year, lol. And you are right, Cody was fantastic last night.

What I'm watching for tonight is the tightening up of the back end. The offense is really going to gel as the season goes along. While it's frustrating to see such offensive talent, I think it's more a matter of guys learning to play together and their roles within the offense. What worries me the most are the terrible mistakes that are being made in the back end. They are making major turnovers that HAVE to be corrected.
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
        I didn't take that as a slight to CK. It seems like we have this discussion every year, lol. And you are right, Cody was fantastic last night.

What I'm watching for tonight is the tightening up of the back end. The offense is really going to gel as the season goes along. While it's frustrating to see such offensive talent, I think it's more a matter of guys learning to play together and their roles within the offense. What worries me the most are the terrible mistakes that are being made in the back end. They are making major turnovers that HAVE to be corrected.
        And many of those "terrible mistakes" are coming from upperclassmen... THAT is what worries me the most. The Spinell turnover that resulted in the Nanook goal was brutal.

Comment

• Wooooooooooop

Comment

So good. So good. So good.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the first period and beginning of the second but made it home and got the Alaska video feed up right after the McKenzie PP goal (a PP goal!). I thought the team looked much better tonight than they did on Friday. On Friday I feel like we won in spite of ourselves while tonight was a well-earned victory. Cycling the puck pretty well on PP's and even during 5-on-5, and definitely better at getting the puck on net. Still too many penalties, though. I missed the two majors/DQs... were those good calls or was this officiating crew going a bit overboard? Some of the penalty calls I saw later in the game didn't look like enough to warrant a whistle, particularly the roughing call on Coleman followed by the boarding call on Alaska's Enders, but that's just based on an internet feed. Reichard looked good in goal again tonight. Apparently Knapp is a bit under the weather.

We welcome the Wolverines into Steve Cady Arena next week. A road sweep in Fairbanks is nice, but I have a feeling Michigan is going to be a whole different story, even if we are at home. Frankly, I'd be happy with a split. Four or more points would be very exciting.

Comment

This weekend will definitely help us confidence-wise for Michigan. Still a bit worried about all of the penalties, I think we have already had more game disqualifications than we did the entire season last year.

Comment

I missed the Toronto misconduct, but Czarnik pancaked the Alaska player pretty badly. Had to be called, and he knew it right away as well.

It's going to be a big series next weekend. I know the students will be ready. I wonder if tent city is going to make its annual appearance?

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
                  I missed the Toronto misconduct, but Czarnik pancaked the Alaska player pretty badly. Had to be called, and he knew it right away as well.

It's going to be a big series next weekend. I know the students will be ready. I wonder if tent city is going to make its annual appearance?
                  Considering my tent blew away last year I think I will just be waking up rather early and sitting outside goggin.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIamiGirl View Post
                    Considering my tent blew away last year I think I will just be waking up rather early and sitting outside goggin.

That just means put in more stakes this time

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      Wooooooooooop
                      I wasn't able to catch either game this weekend, so I'll just echo this sentiment, yay for the sweep!

Whoooooooooooooop.

Comment

If y'all could keep the pregame chatter down, i'd appreciate it! I'm tryin to sleep over here!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

Comment

If y'all could keep the pregame chatter down, i'd appreciate it! I'm tryin to sleep over here!!!

Go Miami Go Go Miami

Comment

Who Dey!!!

Comment

Who Dey!!!
                              Hey now. None of that. We like to keep it clean here on USCHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                Hey now. None of that. We like to keep it clean here on USCHO.
                                Who deyyyyy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X