Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

RHM, fangers was talking about your reference to UAH. What he is saying is that this has nothing to do with UAH, nor is he blaming UAH on Miami (or the NCHC). You seemed to head in that direction, that is why he is upset, at least I think that is why.

I am Miami, through and through (even though I am not a grad, but rather work here). Please forgive me (and us) if we get a little defensive of MU because of all this stuff. Arguments like these are really why I hate the direction of college sports. I thought hockey was, if not immune, at least less likely to go the way of the big revenue sports. I was wrong and this stuff is the result. I long for the good old days when those elitists in the WCHA were telling us how much better their conference is.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Seasons only just begun. Lets get some points against UAF and start building some momentum heading into next weekend

Comment

Anyone know if Miami made the NBC Sports Network cut this year? Cant seem to find the schedule anywhere. Would make things easier for a west coaster at least for one night!

Edit: Guess not. Only 1 CCHA game in there is mildly surprising. Possibily because CBS College took some late year CCHA games?
        Last edited by RicoForPresident; 11-02-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post
          Anyone know if Miami made the NBC Sports Network cut this year? Cant seem to find the schedule anywhere. Would make things easier for a west coaster at least for one night!

Edit: Guess not. Only 1 CCHA game in there is mildly surprising. Possibly because CBS College took some late year CCHA games?
          Yeah, with the exception of Duluth/UNO, all the games have at least one BCS/Ivy/DU/UND team, doubtful Miami would have made the cut even if NBC was given carte blanche, but if John Miller had been really keen on slipping in at least one in for his alma mater it would probably would've only happend if they could have gotten Miami/Michigan/ND, which I believe are all claimed by FSD & CBS.
          Last edited by MUhawks628; 11-02-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            RHM, fangers was talking about your reference to UAH. What he is saying is that this has nothing to do with UAH, nor is he blaming UAH on Miami (or the NCHC). You seemed to head in that direction, that is why he is upset, at least I think that is why.

I am Miami, through and through (even though I am not a grad, but rather work here). Please forgive me (and us) if we get a little defensive of MU because of all this stuff. Arguments like these are really why I hate the direction of college sports. I thought hockey was, if not immune, at least less likely to go the way of the big revenue sports. I was wrong and this stuff is the result. I long for the good old days when those elitists in the WCHA were telling us how much better their conference is.
            Which is why I apologized for not being clear enough, even though I thought I was by actually saying it wasn't directed at him. Oh well, more important things in life than dealing with that on a message board. Although I would be carefull, redeagle, in speaking for him he may spout off at you too....
            Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              Yeah, with the exception of Duluth/UNO, all the games have at least one BCS/Ivy/DU/UND team, doubtful Miami would have made the cut even if NBC was given carte blanche, but if John Miller had been really keen on slipping in at least one in for his alma mater it would probably would've only happend if they could have gotten Miami/Michigan/ND, which I believe are all claimed by FSD & CBS.
              Makes sense though, well outside of the north dakota/denver matchups. But those ivy bcs schools are more recognizable. One thing that would be nice to know, but doubt we ever will, is if the ND NBC deal was contingent on them only going to the hockey east and that market against those teams being more appealing or were the other schools in the NCHC wanting a larger cut of the deal than hockey east. Knew it was going to happen but a lot of interesting stuff had to go on behind the scenes, money driven no doubt, but still would be interesting to find out details. More exposure for the game is never a bad thing, especially when a big name like NBC comes on board.

Another interesting twist to this is what ESPN U and CBS college sports will do in spit of this. Will they add more games to compete or cut it out? If the other two increase their exposure we could see a big growth spurt because of the increased TV revenue this will cause. Lots of change going on, interesting time around college hockey.
              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

My post-game rants and ravings aside, I really do think that this team has the potential to be great.

Hopefully this weekend we can start converting "signs of life" into actual wins. I think if the team shows up to play on both sides of the ice, we should be fine.

Edit: But of course I do reserve my right to rant at a later time.

Comment

• Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                  Makes sense though, well outside of the north dakota/denver matchups. But those ivy bcs schools are more recognizable. One thing that would be nice to know, but doubt we ever will, is if the ND NBC deal was contingent on them only going to the hockey east and that market against those teams being more appealing or were the other schools in the NCHC wanting a larger cut of the deal than hockey east. Knew it was going to happen but a lot of interesting stuff had to go on behind the scenes, money driven no doubt, but still would be interesting to find out details. More exposure for the game is never a bad thing, especially when a big name like NBC comes on board.

Another interesting twist to this is what ESPN U and CBS college sports will do in spit of this. Will they add more games to compete or cut it out? If the other two increase their exposure we could see a big growth spurt because of the increased TV revenue this will cause. Lots of change going on, interesting time around college hockey.
                  Given that ND will have versus/nbcu, big ten has their own, itd be readonable to expect cbs and espnu to get the majority of The National. Not much else to go after unless they want to show the atlantic or new wcha.

Stupif smart phones not spell checking...

Comment

• Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                    My post-game rants and ravings aside, I really do think that this team has the potential to be great.

Hopefully this weekend we can start converting "signs of life" into actual wins. I think if the team shows up to play on both sides of the ice, we should be fine.

Edit: But of course I do reserve my right to rant at a later time.
                    ranting will take place at mac and joes if need be. We've definitely been spoiled the past decade for the most part. This team has a ton of talent and a great coach, we'll be good. So hopefully celebratory drinks there.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                      ranting will take place at circle if need be. We've definitely been spoiled the past decade for the most part. This team has a ton of talent and a great coach, we'll be good. So hopefully celebratory drinks there.
                      qft and fyp

Comment

Looks like the boys were enjoying the local scenery yesterday...

@Chris_Wideman Nobody loves #alaskanpipelines more than the Miami boys

*****http://p.twimg.com/AdXnPB0CMAAgQwY.jpg******
                        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          qft and fyp
                          Say "Hello" to the White Russian for me!
                          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Go Miami Go Go Miami!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                              Say "Hello" to the White Russian for me!
                              $2 well & coke only way to go once you are in Daryl's good graces a handful of them will knock you on your ***.

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                              Go Miami Go Go Miami!
                              Que RicoforPresident.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                                Looks like the boys were enjoying the local scenery yesterday...

@Chris_Wideman Nobody loves #alaskanpipelines more than the Miami boys

*****http://p.twimg.com/AdXnPB0CMAAgQwY.jpg******
                                I'll be interested to see if Hartman plays this weekend or if they even took him to Alaska. He looked injured when I saw him walking on campus and I didn't see him in the group shot at the pipeline the guys all tweeted yesterday. I guess we will find out soon Go Redhawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X