Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    I leave for a week and come back to now the National Chief Curse. I'm a sad panda
    We may need to incorporate the banning in signage into that one

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
      Always good to see redeagle break things down in simple terms. We talk about these things often. but for everyone else geesh....

I know why fangers is upset, but to blame others because UAH decided to cut their program is flat out wrong. IMO. All of this movement is actaully better for college hockey. Narrow minded people across the country, not you fangers, can't see it now but the "new" WCHA is the BEST situation for all of those schools. You are putting D II athletic departments, outside of BG, all in the same conference with simlar school sizes, simlar budgets, and similar desires. Now instead of competing against schools with much larger budgets in their conferences they have a chance to make it to the national tournament every year where lets be honest those chances were few and far between in their old conferences over the last decade or two. Its no body's fault that UAH is where it is, but it was on an island by itself. College hockey is going to expand and maybe UAH was a casualty of that but there are other schools looking to add D I hockey very soon i.e. Buffalo, Indiana, Minn-cookston. This re alignment needed to happen and now that we got it out of the way the foundation for the future is set for college hockey and it will grow.

As for all of the bashing of this team, not surprised by it. Bandwagoon jumpers are showing their true color right now. Its really funny how short term memory loss runs rampid in this program. Guess people forget how bad this team was just 4 years ago with all the freshmen before they got better every day and put it together in february and made it to the national champhionship game. Seriously people is freaking october, calm down. Its obvious this team isn't playing well, but you have to be ignorant to not understand this team has talent. It takes time to get a unit to play together. The have only really had 4 weeks of practice, there is no "pre-season" in college hockey so its a constant trial by error. If by january they are still looking this bad then we can panic but holy cow the negativity in 3 weeks and complete 180 turn is just disgusting!
      ditto. well said.
      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Carter still playing very well in Providence

2-6-8 10gp

(avoiding 3rd page bump )

Comment

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
          Hello their Redhawks. I was cleaning out my SD card on my camera and came across a little video you guys might be interested in. I know its months after the fact but just something I thought that you might want to watch

Enjoy that because you will never see miami do that again at The Joe.
          ---
          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
          19 Conference Championships
          10 Conference Tournament Championships
          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            Enjoy that because you will never see miami do that again at The Joe.
            Nice addition to our thread, thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
              Nice addition to our thread, thanks for that.
              What is it with us getting trolled by people with less than 20 posts in 2 years this season, lol?

You really have to respect a guy with that massive of a signature when he was only alive for about 50% of them

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                What is it with us getting trolled by people with less than 20 posts in 2 years this season, lol?

You really have to respect a guy with that massive of a signature when he was only alive for about 50% of them
                A cursory glance at his post history suggests he's on a crusade against Miami, not that I put much stock into what he said anyway.

Comment

Always good to see redeagle break things down in simple terms. We talk about these things often. but for everyone else geesh....

I know why fangers is upset, but to blame others because UAH decided to cut their program is flat out wrong. IMO. All of this movement is actaully better for college hockey. Narrow minded people across the country, not you fangers, can't see it now but the "new" WCHA is the BEST situation for all of those schools. You are putting D II athletic departments, outside of BG, all in the same conference with simlar school sizes, simlar budgets, and similar desires. Now instead of competing against schools with much larger budgets in their conferences they have a chance to make it to the national tournament every year where lets be honest those chances were few and far between in their old conferences over the last decade or two. Its no body's fault that UAH is where it is, but it was on an island by itself. College hockey is going to expand and maybe UAH was a casualty of that but there are other schools looking to add D I hockey very soon i.e. Buffalo, Indiana, Minn-cookston. This re alignment needed to happen and now that we got it out of the way the foundation for the future is set for college hockey and it will grow.

As for all of the bashing of this team, not surprised by it. Bandwagoon jumpers are showing their true color right now. Its really funny how short term memory loss runs rampid in this program. Guess people forget how bad this team was just 4 years ago with all the freshmen before they got better every day and put it together in february and made it to the national champhionship game. Seriously people is freaking october, calm down. Its obvious this team isn't playing well, but you have to be ignorant to not understand this team has talent. It takes time to get a unit to play together. The have only really had 4 weeks of practice, there is no "pre-season" in college hockey so its a constant trial by error. If by january they are still looking this bad then we can panic but holy cow the negativity in 3 weeks and complete 180 turn is just disgusting!
                  You don't know S&^t! It has nothing to do with UAH so you can take your **** smarter/holier than thou attitude right back to where ever you've been these past couple months....during which we actually had decent, intelligent dialog.

For the record, I put 99% of the blame for UAH's fate squarely in the lap of the UA/UAH administration. If you've read my posts here this summer you'd known that.

I wasn't even referring to Miami with the arrogance & elitism - perhaps you're feeeling guilty - that's why I used the phrase "their league". The quotes coming out of Fargo & Denver were all about how much better they were, needed to play "our own level", blah, blah, blah.

And Redeagle - yes, all that is true that the initial league teams do have a higher level of committment, and those "left behind" who honest will acknowledge that. Still doesn't mean they want it flaunted in their face like was done. And, to me it's a bit of karma that their one big prize - ND - went the opposite direction.
                  Last edited by fangers; 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I'm not going to quote or respond to what you posted, fangers, other than to say it certainly didn't add anything along the lines of "decent, intelligent dialog."

Thoughts on the team's little road trip this weekend? Strangely enough, it looks like this may be a battle for the bottom of the CCHA standings for the week. It's never easy making the long trek but I'm hoping it gives the guys a chance to bond a bit and maybe convert that into a better on-ice product. It would definitely be nice to get things moving in the right direction this weekend before we host Michigan the following week, which is certainly not an appealing prospect at the moment.
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                      Thoughts on the team's little road trip this weekend? Strangely enough, it looks like this may be a battle for the bottom of the CCHA standings for the week. It's never easy making the long trek but I'm hoping it gives the guys a chance to bond a bit and maybe convert that into a better on-ice product. It would definitely be nice to get things moving in the right direction this weekend before we host Michigan the following week, which is certainly not an appealing prospect at the moment.
                      Let the fight for first round home ice begin!

Actually feel good about this weekend, we need SOME kind of momentum heading into Michigan. I think everything clicks a little better this weekend and we get some wins.
                      Last edited by MUhawks628; 11-01-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                        You don't know S&^t! It has nothing to do with UAH so you can take your **** smarter/holier than thou attitude right back to where ever you've been these past couple months....during which we actually had decent, intelligent dialog.

For the record, I put 99% of the blame for UAH's fate squarely in the lap of the UA/UAH administration. If you've read my posts here this summer you'd known that.

I wasn't even referring to Miami with the arrogance & elitism - perhaps you're feeeling guilty - that's why I used the phrase "their league". The quotes coming out of Fargo & Denver were all about how much better they were, needed to play "our own level", blah, blah, blah.

And Redeagle - yes, all that is true that the initial league teams do have a higher level of committment, and those "left behind" who honest will acknowledge that. Still doesn't mean they want it flaunted in their face like was done. And, to me it's a bit of karma that their one big prize - ND - went the opposite direction.
                        Wow....that is embarrassing. Someone needs to learn to read carefully.....
                        Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                          I'm not going to quote or respond to what you posted, fangers, other than to say it certainly didn't add anything along the lines of "decent, intelligent dialog."

One thing long road trips can offer is a chance for teams to bond and come closer together. With this being their third road trip of the year lets hope the chemistry takes another step and they build on the third period from friday. Thats the only thing im looking for, is a sign that they are getting better. Wins would be nice, and important, but unless this team shows signs they are getting better they wont matter much. That and the boys should be thankfull they are making this trip in november and not January lol.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Wow....that is embarrassing. Someone needs to learn to read carefully.....
                            "I know why fangers is upset, but to blame others because UAH decided to cut their program is flat out wrong."

Really? How else is someone supposed to read that?

What "someone" really needs to understand is that they don't know it all (much less how I feel), to learn the value in knowing and accepting what you don't know, and stop demonsrating to the world how incredibly limited that knowledge is.

Comment

Bingo! Nothing like putting an even bigger target on your back by leaving fellow conference members behind, all the while your new league talking about wanting to form with other "like minded schools" and other quotes that reeked of elitism.
                              Fangers, I am trying not to get all defensive here and perhaps we can take this off line, and I agree about UAH, but how else is someone supposed to interpret the above on a Miami thread? I know you do not say the quotes are coming from Miami, but I certainly took that as directed at Miami on a Miami thread. I took it as: you are elitist, you are getting what you deserve, karma. I did not take that as just about DU and North Dakota. And, of course, I am the most reasonable person in the world with average reading comprehension.

I too am upset with how the conference thing played out (especailly ND and BG). Less than optimum in my opinion for everyone. And let's not forget that the Irish were in on the NCHC discussions since May and were leaving the CCHA for somewhere from day one. Are they too elitist? What played out is, as I said, not optimum for Miami, but is the third best outcome, IMO. First best outcome: the CCHA stays as it is and adds UAH for 12 teams; second, the NCHC with ND and BG; third, what we ended up with. I would be interested what you think Miami should have done back in the spring/summer. How should they have played this to avoid the karma while still doing what is best for their program?

I know college hockey is something all of us are passionate about, but this is still just college hockey, sometimes I have to remind myself of that. Peace.
                              Last edited by redeagle; 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

"I know why fangers is upset, but to blame others because UAH decided to cut their program is flat out wrong."

Really? How else is someone supposed to read that?

What "someone" really needs to understand is that they don't know it all (much less how I feel), to learn the value in knowing and accepting what you don't know, and stop demonsrating to the world how incredibly limited that knowledge is.
                                Read redeagles post, how else is someone on a miami thread suppose to interpret what you are saying? If we are interpreting it wrong explain it more clearly because you are certaintly making claims indirectly. I don't recall ever saying in my post I knew everything. In fact if you read carefully, I said it was my opinion. What is sad is you are significantly older than me yet in your post with all the name calling acted significantly younger. Its embarrassing, I am actual embarrassed for you that someone on a message board could honestly act that way. Life is way to short and there are far more important things in life. I wont go into my personal problems me and my wife dealt with which is why I haven't been around much but appreciate you calling me out that was nice of you. Whether directly or indirectly at times you have pointed the finger and have now called Miami an elitest. Its sad really, but I will not stoop to your level and no where did I in my post attack you, in fact if you read clearly (again) I made it a point to point out I wasn't referring to you personally. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post, I wasn't saying that you directly were blaming others. I said I know why you are upset, but others ( a lot of people ) are blaming the CCHA for what happened. That is what I was referencing. So I apologize for not being clear in what I said, I thought by directly saying I wasn't talking about you was clear enough but apparantly it wasn't so that is my fault.

But the way you acted has completely changed my opinion and perspective of you...and that is what is sad. Hope someday you get it, good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X