Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
    Having said all that, we will not have any fair weather fans (that means you fellowes ). They need you now more than ever, so I don't want to hear anything about bailing, now or ever, no matter what.
    The youngins around here (myself included) have been VERY spoiled. Yeah, we may have seen our share of mid-year swoons and some epic collapses in the postseason, but we haven't really had to deal with slow, painful starts or down years. Hopefully, as most people seem to think, this is merely an example of the former.
    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

However, we are approaching a cirtical juncture here. If this keeps up, we all may need to buy new jerseys, something is clearly not working

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        However, we are approaching a cirtical juncture here. If this keeps up, we all may need to buy new jerseys, something is clearly not working
        That's a very drastic step! We have to at least try wearing our current ones inside-out.

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
          The youngins around here (myself included) have been VERY spoiled. Yeah, we may have seen our share of mid-year swoons and some epic collapses in the postseason, but we haven't really had to deal with slow, painful starts or down years. Hopefully, as most people seem to think, this is merely an example of the former.
          Spot on.

At least for me, being a glass half empty type of person, the question that scares the crap out of me is, are we North Dakota, or are we Bowling Green?

We haven't had a down year - everything indicates that we are prefectly fine and even if this year is a complete disaster, the ship will right itself in the end, but there is always that creeping doubt that as soon as we relinquish the top, we aren't coming back, and become another flash in the pan. Great ties to the USNTDP pipeline, a new facility, proven coaching staff, that shouldn't happen, but it's still scary.

I just need to lose my voice at the game tonight and everything will be sunshine and rainbows again, Love & Honor!

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            we will not have any fair weather fans (that means you fellowes ).
            Gah. Cynics like myself should not be allowed to like sports...

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
              Gah. Cynics like myself should not be allowed to like sports...
              PoSITIVITY!

Comment

They kept mentioning the fact that Justin Vaive was in the house last night, which made me think of this...

*****http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3376/motivatore3a298a5045514.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Spot on.

At least for me, being a glass half empty type of person, the question that scares the crap out of me is, are we North Dakota, or are we Bowling Green?

We haven't had a down year - everything indicates that we are prefectly fine and even if this year is a complete disaster, the ship will right itself in the end, but there is always that creeping doubt that as soon as we relinquish the top, we aren't coming back, and become another flash in the pan. Great ties to the USNTDP pipeline, a new facility, proven coaching staff, that shouldn't happen, but it's still scary.

I just need to lose my voice at the game tonight and everything will be sunshine and rainbows again, Love & Honor!
                  I know what you are saying, 628, and I have the same half empty mentality, but six straight NCAAs and seven of eight years in the tournament, three championship, Hobey, two frozen fours, national championship game - that's a pretty long flash or a pretty big pan to build upon. We'll see and I hope you lose your voice tonight. L&H

Comment

I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I was relieved over last night's game. I understand we didn't get the result we wanted, but I saw a lot of marked improvement in a lot of areas. The speed, aggressiveness, willingness to make the extra pass. It was light-years ahead of where they were just a week ago. I'm not sure it is the familiarity of home-ice, but I think we can expect a great effort tonight and am calling for a win.
                    Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Miami looked pretty pathetic until the last couple minutes of the 1st period. If they could play like that the entire game, we wouldn't have anything to worry about. Clearly the ability is there... Really need to come out strong in the 2nd and get the next goal.

Comment

Did this team just click? The team on the ice in the second period did not look like the team I've been watching the past month. Two SHGs is definitely a nice way to turn the momentum around. If they can keep that going 20 more minutes...

Comment

2-6.

Is this season over yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sisu458 View Post
                            seeing Miami for the first time in person, it was interesting to watch a team that was by almost all accounts bigger, faster, and more talented than the opposition. Soo Tech deserves credit for sticking to their game plan of slowing the game down and getting traffic around the net. Miami bumbled on key opportunities (they had many), and I think that really is the difference. Once this team gets comfortable with their system, and finds leaders, they will be tough to beat. Interesting to hear people bailing already. Trust me, most CCHA fans would KILL to have this team.
                            Soo Tech? Relax pal, you're showing your age. I don't usually post on other team's pages but your arrogance and sense of entitlement got the best of me....Soo Tech?? That's pre 1966. Take it easy. After next season you and Rico will be in your elite league where you won't have to dirty your hands playing the dregs of college hockey.....Ferris and Lake State........gee, where did those 12 points go? At least things will be easier when you get to play Notre Dame, Michigan, and Western Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                              Soo Tech? Relax pal, you're showing your age. I don't usually post on other team's pages but your arrogance and sense of entitlement got the best of me....Soo Tech?? That's pre 1966. Take it easy. After next season you and Rico will be in your elite league where you won't have to dirty your hands playing the dregs of college hockey.....Ferris and Lake State........gee, where did those 12 points go? At least things will be easier when you get to play Notre Dame, Michigan, and Western Michigan.
                              He is a NMU poster, don't know why he was at a LSSU Miami game.
                              Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-29-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
                                This almost has to be satire.

Comment

Working...
                                X