Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
    Well the Caps may cool off next spring but.. atleast your not mathematically out of the postseason in October
    At this rate, every hockey team in the state of Ohio may be out of the picture by December

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Speaking of hockey teams in the state of Ohio, how stupid is it that Ohio will have three D1 teams in a couple of years and they will all be in different leagues. That and the UAH news are really depressing to me. I wonder how many dominoes have to fall before we go back to a 12 team tournament? I'll stop being an old grouch now, but I don't like anything that has happened in college hockey since the Penn State announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
        Speaking of hockey teams in the state of Ohio, how stupid is it that Ohio will have three D1 teams in a couple of years and they will all be in different leagues. That and the UAH news are really depressing to me. I wonder how many dominoes have to fall before we go back to a 12 team tournament? I'll stop being an old grouch now, but I don't like anything that has happened in college hockey since the Penn State announcement.
        Doesn't OSU have a legal/state mandated requirement to schedule football games with other Ohio universities that play at the D1 level?
        This space for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bueller View Post
          Doesn't OSU have a legal/state mandated requirement to schedule football games with other Ohio universities that play at the D1 level?
          Never heard that before, I always just assumed they just did for the hell of it, if they are going to schedule cream puffs why not make them the Ohio MAC schools, much like Michigan does with the directional schools. But I really have no clue.

@People older than I, when was the last time Miami played tOSU in football?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            Never heard that before, I always just assumed they just did for the hell of it, if they are going to schedule cream puffs why not make them the Ohio MAC schools, much like Michigan does with the directional schools. But I really have no clue.

Opening game of the 2005 season.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Opening game of the 2005 season.
              It was still Miami of Ohio to me back then

Comment

I think I heard it as part of a discussion about OSU's non-conference schedule. Maybe just play the other Ohio schools out of the goodness of their heart's.
                This space for sale.

Comment

I think I heard it as part of a discussion about OSU's non-conference schedule. Maybe just play the other Ohio schools out of the goodness of their heart's.
                  Won't hear the Ohio schools complaning, I belive tOSU's buy games are a cool $1 million.

Comment

Yes, they have to play at least one other Ohio school every year, because it helps make money for both of the schools involved. It's Miami's turn in the rotation next year...

Comment

The last time we played OSU was maybe 04 or 05. I went to the game. It was maybe a 35-7 game or so. One of those games in which everyone knew what the outcome would be, we were just there to have fun. We were right in the middle of an OSU section (obviously) and the people couldn't have been nicer.
                      Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Here's a real winner from yesterday's Student. God help us all.

http://www.miamistudent.net/opinion/...tion-1.2663465

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post

Trying really hard not to lose it at work...what a bro, what a bro

Real man of genius right there.

Comment

Not realated to anything, but each time I read a student article, I crave a Bell Tower mashed potato bowl.

I have been conditioned. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by RicoForPresident View Post

Honestly, this is the kind of Pulitzer-worthy journalism I have come to expect from the Miami Student, the opinion section lost all of my slim respect after the "Fire Rico" article.

Anybody know what the deal is with the Thursday-Friday schedule this weekend? I would imagine that a smaller than usual crowd would show up for a weekday game, but I may be surprised. Hopefully everybody can step up their game for this series. Kapalka has had a good showing in his last few games, which makes me a bit nervous about our offense.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                                Honestly, this is the kind of Pulitzer-worthy journalism I have come to expect from the Miami Student, the opinion section lost all of my slim respect after the "Fire Rico" article.

Anybody know what the deal is with the Thursday-Friday schedule this weekend? I would imagine that a smaller than usual crowd would show up for a weekday game, but I may be surprised. Hopefully everybody can step up their game for this series. Kapalka has had a good showing in his last few games, which makes me a bit nervous about our offense.
                                I believe the primary reason for the Thursday/Friday schedule is the Homecoming football game on Saturday at 3:30pm. We have usually had a typical Friday/Saturday series during Homecoming weekend but I believe the football game has usually started earlier. Hopefully the fact that there isn't a hockey game Saturday night means more people will show up for the football game/not leave the football game early to get in line at Goggin. The Saturday hockey games also have conflicted with other evening Homecoming events in the past.

On the other hand, I know some hockey-fan alumni who are headed back to Oxford, won't get there in time for the Friday game, and are therefore upset that they won't be able to see a hockey game during their Homecoming trip.
                                Last edited by RedhawkBandMan; 10-26-2011, 10:50 AM.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X