Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    They were at the Ice Breaker opening the New Goggin, but I don't think they actually played Miami.

That was before my time though, so I could be wrong.
    lol, your memory better than mine.

Comment

Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fangers View Post
      There is a picture of Colgate from the Ice Breaker on the ginormus mural in Goggin. On the conservative side I've spent 50 hours staring at that thing while sitting in line after my computer battery had died for the day

Comment

CCHA Preseason 1st Team - Reilly Smith, Cody Reichard
        CCHA Preseason 2nd Team - Chris Wideman, Will Weber

Miami's 4 nominations most in the leauge.

Comment

Miami did not play Colgate when the new building opened, but they were here. Vermont beat Colgate and Miami beat Denver, Denver beat Colgate with a late goal, and Vermont beat Miami.

I believe Miami and Colgate have played twice and are 1-1. Miami won 14-2 in the '96/'97 season (Boyle, Robitaille, et al.) and lost 7-2 in '98/'99. The interesting sidelight story is that in '96/'97 Miami went to upstate New York over Thanksgiving and played Colgate and Cornell and won both (14-2, 5-4), but then lost to Cornell in the NCAA the same year when Miami was a three seed and Cornell a six seed in the regional (in the old 12 team, two regional format). MU dominated the Cornell NCAA game, especailly Boyle and Robitaille, but were outgoaltended. Cornell's goalie was from Australia. It ranks as one of the more frsutrating Miami games I have seen (Miami had not won an NCAA game at that point), with the possible exception of the game before it when MU lost to Michigan State in the CCHA semi-finals by blowing a third period lead and losing in OT at the Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
            Miami did not play Colgate when the new building opened, but they were here. Vermont beat Colgate and Miami beat Denver, Denver beat Colgate with a late goal, and Vermont beat Miami.
            Ok, so I'm not totally senile, yet. lol

On another topic, assume it best to work with the ticket office if looking to get some tix for the UAH weekend? Not sure how many I need at this point, but, like a lottery winner, "friends & family" requests are starting to come in.

Comment

Ok, so I'm not totally senile, yet. lol

On another topic, assume it best to work with the ticket office if looking to get some tix for the UAH weekend? Not sure how many I need at this point, but, like a lottery winner, "friends & family" requests are starting to come in.
              Tickets

It looks like there are only single seats left for both nights, but you should be able to grab some SRO.

Comment

Tickets

It looks like there are only single seats left for both nights, but you should be able to grab some SRO.
                For a game like UAH, just give it some time and I'm sure plenty of tickets will show up on StubHub.

Comment

Tickets

Thanks, I'll pass that along. Myself and some of the immediate family covered under the visiting team tickets, but lots of friends, former coaches, etc., are asking. Some of the coaches had both my son & Jimmy Mullin at one point, so like to try to make sure they can enjoy the games.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                    For a game like UAH, just give it some time and I'm sure plenty of tickets will show up on StubHub.
                    Thanks, wasn't sure if the hockey tickets made their way there or not.

Comment

Fangers, I'm not sure what is legal, but any chance you could grab the unused portion of the visitor ticket alotment from UAH? Also, I might have a couple if you need them and could ask around if you have trouble getting enough. Worst case, as someone said below, is get standing room and then finding some unused seats. That should not be a problem. Let us know how "working with the ticket office" goes. I'm sure you'll have some good stories for us.

Comment

Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                        Fangers, I'm not sure what is legal, but any chance you could grab the unused portion of the visitor ticket alotment from UAH? Also, I might have a couple if you need them and could ask around if you have trouble getting enough. Worst case, as someone said below, is get standing room and then finding some unused seats. That should not be a problem. Let us know how "working with the ticket office" goes. I'm sure you'll have some good stories for us.
                        Yeah, that's where I'll get some for the immediate family & friends, but it's an unknown how many might be available. Just wanting to let all who are interested the best avenues to get tickets to ensure they get some because I can't guarantee how many I'll need. I'll be in touch as it get's closer.

And to get the thread back on track, good luck to Miami this year (even if they've been demoted to my 2nd favorite).
                        Last edited by fangers; 09-27-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Redskin Warriors: Notre Dame & RPI to Hockey East...
                          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Look at '95 with sources

Comment

Shame if it's true, but also impressive blogging if it is!

Comment

Shame if it's true, but also impressive blogging if it is!
                                Yes. I was really hoping that the Irish would end up in the NCHC. All else aside, it would have been nice to have a little more geographic balance. Oh well.
                                Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Working...
                                X