Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Better result than yesterday I guess, still a lot of kinks that need to get worked out. Props to the Beavers for two tough games.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
      Better result than yesterday I guess, still a lot of kinks that need to get worked out. Props to the Beavers for two tough games.
      Any word on Murphy? On tv his crash into the board didn't look too good.

Comment

good game... congrats. Got to see the games on the internet feed your school provides. Your student section seems very energetic and fun. Good to see lots of kids at your games too. Always like to think of college hockey as a family entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
          Any word on Murphy? On tv his crash into the board didn't look too good.
          Obviously nothing official has come out yet, looked like he banged up his knee pretty bad from what I could tell.

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
            Obviously nothing official has come out yet, looked like he banged up his knee pretty bad from what I could tell.
            It didn't look good at all. He was skating so hard and just wasn't able to stop in time. I bet he will be scratched for awhile but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

Well it isn't going to please the administration, but it seemed like the students got their penalty cheer figured out last night.

-Whooping-
              -Dirty Deeds-
              -Slam cya...-

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                It didn't look good at all. He was skating so hard and just wasn't able to stop in time. I bet he will be scratched for awhile but I'd love to be proven wrong.
                He was putting no weight on his leg when he came to the bench and he was screaming in pain....leg or ankle...certainly looked and sounded very very serious.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindTheBench View Post
                  He was putting no weight on his leg when he came to the bench and he was screaming in pain....leg or ankle...certainly looked and sounded very very serious.
                  Yeah, that was not fun to watch, or hear.

I was sitting up top on Saturday, from there it looked like it was his knee going into the boards, and screamed when he tried to straighten it out after they picked him up.
                  Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-10-2011, 08:18 AM.

Comment

INCH is a little late to the game, but they just posted their Preseason Power Rankings, featuring Miami at the very top.
                    Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Was it just me, or did Knapp look much quicker in net Saturday night than previous years?

Both goals were kinda fluky, first one the puck was lost in a crowd and squirted out to a Beaver for the open net tap in, 2nd I don't think Connor realized he had stopped and stood up, opening up for the tap in. All in all, thought he looked very solid.
                      Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                        Yeah, that was not fun to watch, or hear.

I was sitting up top on Saturday, from there it looked like it was his knee going into the boards, and screamed when he tried to straighten it out after they picked him up.
                        On the tv replays it looked like his blade/skate went in first, so could be ankle or knee. Hopefully it's nothing near as bad as it looked and that he's back on the ice soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Was it just me, or did Knapp look much quicker in net Saturday night than previous years?

Both goals were kinda fluky, first one the puck was lost in a crowd and squirted out to a Beaver for the open net tap in, 2nd I don't think Connor realized he had stopped and stood up, opening up for the tap in. All in all, thought he looked very solid.
                          Knapp did look good, though I thought Cody played pretty well Friday despite some "help" he got from some defenders.

I think with Smith back in the lineup for this weekend our offense will hopefully start building up some pace. Looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season I thought this next weekend should be pretty simple, but a road game against a team that played pretty well in their first weekend makes me a bit more cautious. Still think we'll come out on top, but they will be some more gritty games.

Comment

Looked like Rico was keen on keeping the McKenzie/Coleman/Biggs line together. Best guesses for who Reilly skates with?

Smith-Czarnik-tHirsch
                            CMac-Coleman-Biggs
                            Wideman-Vogelhuber-Tomassioni
                            Mullin-Mason-Cook/Paulazzo/Tiesling

Comment

I don't have anything official, but the word (rumor) around O-town is that Murphy broke something (ankle, leg) and will be out for a while. No one was speculating if surgery was needed, but it was not good. What a horrible break (no pun intended) for this kid. If he plays like he did this first weekend, he will be a wildly popular player for Miami, assuming he can get back to good health and get that jump back. With all that energy and work ethic, he is the perfect role player. And, what a great effort he made on the play when he was injured. Very sad to see that happen on the first weekend of your career. I sure hope he can come back, but you hate to see an injury to a player that depends on his wheels the way Murphy does.

Comment

We still got a 1st place vote this week!

Only fell to 4/5.

Comment

Working...
                                X