Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
    Fwiw we were what, 2 for 5 on the powerplay?. But I know what you mean.

Hurry back Reilly. Tieslings next game should be at BG's senior night.
    Yea I guess I didn't phrase that appropriately. We were always scrambling on the powerplay. Never in control of the attack.

Comment

• Re: Official 2011-2012 Miami Season Thread: Short People Leave Big Shoes to Fill

The NCHC lost one game tonight. We're watching for you to hold up your end of the bargain, Miami. It's just one game (and I kind of root for Bemidji State).
      University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
      Frozen Fours: 22
      Conference Titles: 17
      14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

So going off post counts, Bemidji fans post on USCHO to chirp after winning games? That works, I guess.

Comment

Wait a minute... were there signs at the game last night????
          Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Well, that was disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Playing without 50% of our scoring from last year was on full display, offensive positing was poor all night long, centering passes with no one in the vicinity, no good chances off rebounds, and generally just could not gain the zone. Going to take some time for this team to gel, but we knew that coming in. What's the defense's excuse?

Getting Reilly back will help, and not just because it means jd will get his wish, and we won't see Tiesling until senior night

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
              Wait a minute... were there signs at the game last night????
              Nope.

The guys above the net had their sieve sign, but I think they made an exception to let them bring it in.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                Nope.

The guys above the net had their sieve sign, but I think they made an exception to let them bring it in.
                Then I can blame game day ops for the loss. Props to whoever added the appropriate tags.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Well, that was disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. Playing without 50% of our scoring from last year was on full display, offensive positing was poor all night long, centering passes with no one in the vicinity, no good chances off rebounds, and generally just could not gain the zone. Going to take some time for this team to gel, but we knew that coming in. What's the defense's excuse?

Getting Reilly back will help, and not just because it means jd will get his wish, and we won't see Tiesling until senior night
                  For their first "real" test, I thought most of the freshmen forwards played a decent game. But you definitely have a point about the defense, there was some pretty suspicious stuff going on all night (Paulides made me nervous every time he was on the ice). Is Smith playing tonight or do we have to wait until next weekend?

Comment

Random question, but where the hell was the hobey? I know miami has/had the option to get a replica of it, soooo....

Comment

Originally posted by fellowes View Post
                      For their first "real" test, I thought most of the freshmen forwards played a decent game. But you definitely have a point about the defense, there was some pretty suspicious stuff going on all night (Paulides made me nervous every time he was on the ice). Is Smith playing tonight or do we have to wait until next weekend?
                      I believe Reilly is out for this series but will be lacing up for Colgate.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Random question, but where the hell was the hobey? I know miami has/had the option to get a replica of it, soooo....
                        There was a Hobey at the season kickoff event, but I'm not sure if that was Miele's or a replica. Maybe they're building a sweet display case and will have a big unveiling later in the season?

Comment

Originally posted by sfo19 View Post
                          Sorry to disappoint, Andrew.

On second thought, I'm not sorry to disappoint.

sfo19, MUHawks628 & Others:

I presume that outsiders are welcome on the competition's boards. If not proper protocol, I won't do that again. I wasn't chirping (maybe not intended for me). Actually, I chimed in to give a light reprimand to one of our BSU fans who unnecessarily (and in my mind, inappropriately) ruffled the RedHawk feathers, especially with the rematch today (not in our best interest either).

Actually, when I mentioned the UND game, I had no pleasure that they were behind (although upsets can be intriguing). The significance to me was that UND is a marquee program at home against a lesser opponent (AFA) who has a connection with the team I enjoy watching (BSU). The Cats (my alma mater) did end up beating Wisconsin so I wasn't disappointed at all.

Andrew J Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post

I presume that outsiders are welcome on the competition's boards. If not proper protocol, I won't do that again. I wasn't chirping (maybe not intended for me). Actually, I chimed in to give a light reprimand to one of our BSU fans who unnecessarily (and in my mind, inappropriately) ruffled the RedHawk feathers, especially with the rematch today (not in our best interest either).

Actually, when I mentioned the UND game, I had no pleasure that they were behind (although upsets can be intriguing). The significance to me was that UND is a marquee program at home against a lesser opponent (AFA) who has a connection with the team I enjoy watching (BSU). The Cats (my alma mater) did end up beating Wisconsin so I wasn't disappointed at all.

Andrew J Carter
                            AJC - you are more than welcome and it's always nice to have engagement and even good-natured ribbing between knowledgeable opposing fans on the board. Comments like "NCHC invitees aren't so tough...even in their home rink. Get used to losing, as it will happen a bit more in a couple years," from a first-time poster, no less, don't contribute anything to the conversation. Besides, any true college hockey fan knows better than to start posting smack in the middle of a weekend series!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post

Andrew J Carter
                              To echo what RHBM said, the comment was not directed at you, and we always welcome conversation with opposing fans.

One of those posters from last night didn't even comment in the BSU thread on the win. When you do things like that, it is jmho that you are a waste of bandwidth (lol?) and reflect poorly on your fan base.

Comment

AJC - we enjoy having exchanges with other fans, especially when there's good analysis involved. You're welcome back anytime.

On a side note:

anyone else see this? I thought it was pretty sweet anywho:
                                http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/...ad/?test=faces
                                Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X