Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

OK , let's start thinking about shooting the puck in the net. Sharpen the rust off the blades and let's start dreaming about some wins. The start of the season is about 2 weeks away.
    Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 09-25-2011, 06:11 PM.
    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Re: Ohio state " buckeyes " 2011 / 2012 season.

If you really want to get in shape for the season there is a free "skate with the Buckeyes" after the game on Saturday at the Chiller North. Bring your own skates or rent them there.

Please try and refrain from accidental or intentional body checking.

Comment

Has anyone seen a video schedule for the Bucks yet. Last I read the Big ten Network.com was going to carry all the Bucks games this season. Maybe towards the end of this week or early next week it will be out.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Congrats to Patrick Schafer, former Buckeye. Just signed with Alaska Aces ECHL.

Comment

So, anyone cleaning the rust off their blades to go on the ice with the boys?

Comment

Just saw the redesigned uniforms for this season. No more swift jerseys. Home is white with the athletic logo as the crest and buckeye leaf shoulder patches. Away sweaters are red with arched "BUCKEYES" across the front and player # below that. Pants are back to black, and the helmets are now silver with the football striping down the middle.

Comment

*****http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg44/scaled.php?tn=0&server=44&filename=79irb.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640******

Comment

*****http://s1.proxy05.twitpic.com/photos/large/409661450.jpg******

Comment

The guys had those helmets several years ago and wore them one game. They never wore them again. Hockey players are a superstitious bunch and they got beat pretty bad that game and felt they were jinxed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    The guys had those helmets several years ago and wore them one game. They never wore them again. Hockey players are a superstitious bunch and they got beat pretty bad that game and felt they were jinxed.
                    You take those sweaters and helmets and you BUILD a tradition on them and you never change them. I may hate Michigan and Miami but I respect them. They have pride in their sweaters and they don't change them on Nike whims. May be the only thing I respect Michigan for!!

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                      You take those sweaters and helmets and you BUILD a tradition on them and you never change them. I may hate Michigan and Miami but I respect them. They have pride in their sweaters and they don't change them on Nike whims. May be the only thing I respect Michigan for!!
                      No argument here, I thought the football patterned headgear was neat. But one would have to ask, who in authority made the decision not to use them again?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        They used them against michigan on a saturday night and were down 5-0 just over 30 minutes into the game. They did get it to 5-4 i believe but couldnt get any closer. I like the helmets and the white jersey's(minus the stripes at the bottome) but i dont care for the red jersey's.

Comment

Hey Gang! Who is going Saturday? I got some new skates for the bday this summer and am anxious to try 'em out Saturday! Look for the 40-something lying on his back on the ice (or face down depending on how I fall) or skating very slowly next to the boards! But, hey, you only fail if you fail to try, right? When I was at OSU as a student, I used to go to the public skates at the OSU Ice Rink on the weekends when the team was out of town. I could actually get around the ice pretty good without falling down and I am sincerely hoping it will be like riding a bike. If not, maybe one of you could give me a quick refresher course (LOL)!

Comment

In regard to the new sweaters and helmet, I am fine with them as long as we play hard and get some wins. Regardless of the uniforms, these young men will be playing for The Ohio State University! I am actually pretty excited for this season! I cannot wait to see if some of these freshman can come in and help with the scoring right away. I think we will be decent on D (hopefully) with a another year of experience for some of the D-men and Cal Heeter between the pipes. When the season started to go south last season, it was because we had trouble scoring. Any other thoughts on this season? I'm ready to talk Buckeye Hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              In regard to the new sweaters and helmet, I am fine with them as long as we play hard and get some wins. Regardless of the uniforms, these young men will be playing for The Ohio State University! I am actually pretty excited for this season! I cannot wait to see if some of these freshman can come in and help with the scoring right away. I think we will be decent on D (hopefully) with a another year of experience for some of the D-men and Cal Heeter between the pipes. When the season started to go south last season, it was because we had trouble scoring. Any other thoughts on this season? I'm ready to talk Buckeye Hockey!

I completely agree with you, this season's success will depend on how fast the freshman adjust to the college game. The defense with another year under their belt and Cal in net should be fine. I know that they are going to have to get to the dirty area's if they are going to put pucks in the net. IMO thats what stopped happening when things went south last year they just couldnt get to the net. That playoff series was the icing on the cake pretty close to 90 shots on goal but most of them came from outside the circles and not many screens. They were picked 7th by the coaches and 9th by the media thats what i would say too anywhere in between 7-9th. I do know with Oz behind the bench they will play hard each and every shift and the hardest working players will play reguardless of talent. Should be a interesting season. GO BUCKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X