RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Darn susies and their need for 2145972176 threads...

Doing a favor and giving this a bump.

Comment

RPI Lee
      Brown Lorito

RPI Laliberte
      Yale Agostino
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Darn susies and their need for 2145972176 threads...

Doing a favor and giving this a bump.
        Considering that we currently have 4 threads (this, the main thread, the recruit thread, and this week's thread) on the front page and for some reason the UConn fans have kept using the UConn tourney thread, perhaps we should keep quiet.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Considering that we currently have 4 threads (this, the main thread, the recruit thread, and this week's thread) on the front page and for some reason the UConn fans have kept using the UConn tourney thread, perhaps we should keep quiet.
          At least our threads have pertinent information, and doesn't include whining from the rest of the league.

Comment

and for some reason the UConn fans have kept using the UConn tourney thread
            What happened to the UConn season thread? I know they had one because AspyDad posted in there a bunch of times (I thought he started it, too, but it's not under his list of started threads anymore). I kinda want to start a new season thread for them so that they stop posting in the tourney thread. It keeps showing up in my list of subscribed threads, even though it's just two UConn fans talking back and forth to each other.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              What happened to the UConn season thread? I know they had one because AspyDad posted in there a bunch of times (I thought he started it, too, but it's not under his list of started threads anymore). I kinda want to start a new season thread for them so that they stop posting in the tourney thread. It keeps showing up in my list of subscribed threads, even though it's just two UConn fans talking back and forth to each other.
              Why not unsubscribe to that thread? (I don't know if that is possible since I never subscribe to any.)
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why not unsubscribe to that thread? (I don't know if that is possible since I never subscribe to any.)
                My problem is that I don't have subscribed threads - only threads I've posted in before. So that one time I felt it necessary to chime in on, say... I don't know, a Michigan thread, dooms me to occasionally keep checking that thread for no apparent reason.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I could. But, I try and keep a comprehensive list of threads that I've subscribed to because chances are if I put it on that list, I subscribed for a reason.

For example, I've got the "Big Wins and Bad Losses: TUC" thread still in my subscribed list despite the fact that no one's posted in it in well over a year because when I want to remind myself how PWR works (or the flaws in the system), I know that I've got it somewhere in my list of threads (and it doesn't clutter my list of bookmarks in my browser).

Of course, this leads to the idea that I could unsubscribe now and re-subscribe after the season is over and those UConn fans find somewhere else that isn't their season thread to talk about their season, but chances are I'd forget to re-subscribe and lose the original point of me subscribing (the tourney itself).
                  Last edited by burgie12; 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM.
                  Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                    For example, I've got the "Big Wins and Bad Losses: TUC" thread still in my subscribed list despite the fact that no one's posted in it in well over a year because when I want to remind myself how PWR works (or the flaws in the system), I know that I've got it somewhere in my list of threads (and it doesn't clutter my list of bookmarks in my browser).
                    Hopefully RPI will care about PWR again next year.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      My problem is that I don't have subscribed threads - only threads I've posted in before. So that one time I felt it necessary to chime in on, say... I don't know, a Michigan thread, dooms me to occasionally keep checking that thread for no apparent reason.
                      and here I thought you didn't care what other people thought about you.....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Why is this conversation in this thread? It made me forget what I was reading.

Anyway, the reason I was here...

Friday
                        RPI: Johnny Rogic
                        Brown: Chris Zaires

Saturday
                        RPI: Zach Schroeder
                        Yale: Kenny Agostino

Comment

Friday
                          RPI - Lee
                          Brown - Farnham

Saturday
                          RPI - Haggerty
                          Yale - Laganiere
                          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            I wish I knew how to insert music into a post....I'd put in the theme music from The Twilight Zone

"Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              and here I thought you didn't care what other people thought about you.....
                              I don't. What does this have to do with accidentally checking threads I don't have a regular interest in?
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                                I blame FD bumping this thread.

Neal is out and AAG is likely still out (Against my better judgement, I'm still going to give lugnut the ability to change his pick until Saturday's puck drop, unless he changes it before Friday's game starts or AAG is in the lineup on Saturday.)

I'm still missing posts from ~7 players.

Friday:
                                RPI - Haggerty
                                we have lost to AIC, RPI, and Holy Cross and tied Army. But that's beside the point - Lorito

Saturday:
                                RPI - Laliberte
                                Dogs of Bull - Miller
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X