Union - Welsh
    Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

e to the x dy/dx - Schroeder
      sUCks - Shayne Gostisbehere
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        Ineligible
        Change the dutch to Carr please (carr's wafers go good with cheese)
        RPI: Matt Neal
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Union: Daniel Carr
          RPI: Jacob Laliberte

Comment

RPI: Lee
            Union: Grosenick
            APBWiki

Comment

Oops, cutting it close today.

RPI: Jacob Laliberte
              Union: Daniel Carr

Comment

When I said in the lead-in post that not giving up five goals would be a good way to take revenge on the Dutchmen, I didn't mean to pull Diebold when we score to make it 4-1 to ensure that we give up 5. But anyways...

Back and forth and forth and back they go. GRussinko takes back first place from Ralph Baer and there's quite a decent gap developing between the top two posters and the next group. Many other congratulations are also in order for GRussinko. Groesnick was given an assist on Bodie's shorthanded game-winning goal and obviously he earned the win, so, six points for Union's goalie grants GRussinko the weekly win. This is GRussinko's sixth win, which is a record (the previous record was four, so, sorry for the late recognition).

Other than that, the rest of the standings were pretty static with nearly everybody just picking up one point from Carr or Jooris. hawthr and mackek2 swapped places for 4th and 7th place.

The top choices from yesterday's game were:
                RPI - McGowan (nobody) was the only RPI player worth anything yesterday since Higgs and Bailen are both ineligible.
                Union - Groesnick's win and assist (GRussinko) were worth six PtC points. Welsh's pair of powerplay goals (hawthr and RPIHFH) and Hatch's three-point game (nobody) made them the top position players of the night.

Results! (and link)
                6 + 1 points
                GRussinko

4 points
                hawthr
                RPIHFH

1 point
                cnor79
                Dutchfan
                FlagDUDE08
                lugnut92
                MavHockey14
                Ralph Baer
                REDaero91
                RKarger
                TuteScrooge
                vizoroo

0 points
                burgie12
                engineerhockeyfan
                Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

The Engineers put up a stinker against the Dutchmen in their third meeting this season and are now a full six points behind 11th place nearly halfway through the season.

Brown comes into the game on Friday 4-1-2 in their last seven games and have not lost in regulation since the beginning of December in the first game of their home-and-home series with Yale. The Bears, though, have the distinction of the only ECAC team to have lost to RPI this season.

The Elis earned only one point this weekend in the North Country and have to face the Dutchmen before playing host to RPI on Saturday. In the matchup between these two squads in November, Yale ruined Black Friday, handing the Engineers their first loss while wearing black jerseys.

Barring some massive and very strange scoring changes, the following should hold true.

You may not choose the following players for this weekend:
                  Rensselaer:
                  F - Brock Higgs
                  D - Nick Bailen

Brown:
                  F - Jack Maclellan
                  D - Matt Wahl

Yale:
                  F - Brian O'Neill
                  D - Tommy Fallen

Statistics / Rosters:
                  Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                  Brown: Statistics | Roster
                  Yale: Statistics | Roster
                  Go Red!!

Comment

Can't really use my strategy, as there wasn't enough going to get info, so...

RPI: Unfavorable ref... Zach S.
                    Bruno: Matt Lorito

RPI: Ryan Haggerty
                    Eli: Jeff Malcolm (not much of a risk here; the other goalie has had as much in-conference play time as me)
                    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      *crappy picks*
                      RPI plays Brown on Friday and Yale on Saturday. Do you want Haggerty against Yale or on Friday? Also, tthat means you'll be able to make an accurate choice for who will be playing in goal against the Bears (if that's the way you want to go AND if you're able to make a post on Friday if the starting goalie is not whom you have listed).

If you don't make any changes to your post, I will assume that your RPI picks correspond to the opponent listed on the next line.
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Friday
                        RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE
                        Colors are fun: Chris Zaires

Saturday
                        RPI ENGINEERS: ALEX ANGERS-GOULET (obviously I'll have to change this if he's still hurt)
                        Ylae*: Antoine Laganiere
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          RPI plays Brown on Friday and Yale on Saturday. Do you want Haggerty against Yale or on Friday? Also, tthat means you'll be able to make an accurate choice for who will be playing in goal against the Bears (if that's the way you want to go AND if you're able to make a post on Friday if the starting goalie is not whom you have listed).

If you don't make any changes to your post, I will assume that your RPI picks correspond to the opponent listed on the next line.
                          Haggerty goes against the Elis, so flip the paragraphs. (which I'll do at this time)

BTW, I look forward to you eating your response to my picks when I win this week.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            BTW, I look forward to you eating your response to my picks when I win this week.
                            Well, that'd be a first. Lame jokes FTW
                            Go Red!!

Comment

Friday:

RPI-Laliberte
                              Brown-Farnham

Saturday:

RPI-Schroeder
                              Yale-Agostino
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

RPI Haggerty
                                Brown Jacobson

RPI Laliberte
                                Yale Agostino
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X