Comment

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

RPI-O'Grady
      Dartmouth-Doug Jones

RPI-Schroeder
      Harvard-Marshall Everson

RPI-Jake Laliberte
      AIC-Steve Mele
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

viz,

I got your picks by IM.

Feel free to send them by email next time. My gmail account matches my USCHO account.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I don't have viz's picks on this computer, but a quick update before tomorrow's game completes the week.

cnor is currently winning the week with 6 points (Blackwell's goal and assist helped boost him up).

Ralph has taken back first place from GRussinko by a single point.

And, everyone has posted at least a point so far except for mackek2.

Like I said, I'll have a post up tomorrow so that you'll be able to make your picks for Saturday.
          Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            Ralph has taken back first place from GRussinko by a single point.
            Amazing. I don't think that I got any points from my RPI selections, so I must have guessed better for the other teams.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Amazing. I don't think that I got any points from my RPI selections, so I must have guessed better for the other teams.
              I have you tallying four points so far... Robinson's goal for Dartmouth on Friday and Schroeder's goal on Saturday vs Harvard.

By the way, I've updated the public spreadsheet (minus viz's picks, of course). So, if you want to check that out, then head on over here.
              Go Red!!

Comment

It looks like Diebold isn't playing tonight, so if I'm allowed to change my pick, I'll go with Neal.
                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                  It looks like Diebold isn't playing tonight, so if I'm allowed to change my pick, I'll go with
                  Bryce [keep it in the goalie fraternity]
                  Last edited by TuteScrooge; 01-10-2012, 03:49 PM. Reason: still can't spell

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                    It looks like Diebold isn't playing tonight, so if I'm allowed to change my pick, I'll go with Neal.
                    Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
                    Bryce [keep it in the goalie fraternity]
                    Sorry, guys, but that's the danger of picking a goalie: he's not guaranteed to start. If there's documentation that Diebold was injured, I'll change the picks, but, unfortunately I think the three of us are stuck with zero RPI points from last night's game. And, no, I'm not just saying that because I didn't submit an alternate pick. If you still don't believe me, check this post from the game against Notre Dame.

So, to return to our previously scheduled weekly recap post:

cnor didn't pick up a point last night, but he held onto first place for the week, albeit tied with Ralph, who picked up a pair with Pleskach's late goal. This was cnor's fourth weekly win while it was just Ralph's first. That means that we're down to one regular who has not earned himself that extra bonus point: one Mr. FlagDUDE08.

Ralph took back first place from GRussinko with his weekly win while cnor vaulted himself from 7th to 3rd place. 4th through 11th are separated by a grand total of five points (39 for mackek2 to 34 for viz) with no more than one point separating any consecutive places within that group. To say that there's a logjam in the middle of the pack is an understatement. The only other big movement this weekend was MavHockey failing to submit picks and falling from 4th to 8th.

The top choices on the weekend were:
                    Friday - RPI: Tinordi's goal and assist (nobody); Dartmouth: Pinkston's first goal of his career (nobody)
                    Saturday - RPI: Schroeder's goal (cnor, ehf, and Ralph); Harvard: Ford's pair of assists (nobody)
                    Tuesday - RPI: Leonard's goal (nobody) or CJ's goal and assist (nobody); AIC: Pleskach's goal (Ralph, RKarger, and RPIHFH)

Results! (and link)
                    6 + 1 points
                    cnor79
                    Ralph Baer

4 points
                    RPIHFH

3 points
                    burgie12
                    engineerhockeyfan
                    FlagDUDE08
                    hawthr
                    lugnut92
                    RKarger

2 points
                    REDaero91
                    TuteScrooge

1 point
                    GRussinko
                    vizoroo

0 points
                    mackek2
                    Last edited by burgie12; 01-12-2012, 07:10 AM. Reason: added in viz's picks / points
                    Go Red!!

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

Rensselaer comes into this weekend on a massive two-game unbeaten streak! They're also looking for some revenge for a couple of poorly played games against Union earlier this season. Not giving up five goals would probably be a good way to start to fix that.

Union plays a game in Boston (no, not Cambridge) against the Crimson on Friday before playing host to the men of Troy Saturday evening. Come on, Frozen Fenway hangover!

Also of note, RPI holds an 18-17-6 advantage in regular season ECAC games played between the two squads. That advantage may disappear this weekend.

You may not choose the following players for this weekend:
                      Rensselaer:
                      F - Brock Higgs
                      D - Nick Bailen

Union:
                      F - Kelly Zajac
                      D - Mat Bodie

Statistics / Rosters:
                      Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                      Union: Statistics | Roster (beware of K. / M. Bodie confusion)
                      Go Red!!

Comment

I'm a late bloomer, burgie12, and now it's time for my strategy to kick in (although it makes me wonder why I hadn't used it already):

RPI - Jacob Laliberté
                        Union - Daniel Carr

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Sorry, guys, but that's the danger of picking a goalie: he's not guaranteed to start. If there's documentation that Diebold was injured, I'll change the picks, but, unfortunately I think the three of us are stuck with zero RPI points from last night's game. And, no, I'm not just saying that because I didn't submit an alternate pick. If you still don't believe me, check this post from the game against Notre Dame.
                          Obviously you claim documentation for injury, but what about documented illness? Obviously it's way too late now, but would I have been allowed to change by Curadi pick because he was reported to have an illness after Friday's game?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Obviously you claim documentation for injury, but what about documented illness? Obviously it's way too late now, but would I have been allowed to change by Curadi pick because he was reported to have an illness after Friday's game?
                            Yes
                            Go Red!!

Comment

RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE
                              Their shoes...: Josh Jooris

Again!
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                                RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE
                                Their shoes...: Josh Jooris
                                Stop that.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X