Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
    Well, that was... embarrassing. Especially for those of us that were considering picking Carr, but decided to take the "safe pick" in Welsh and cost themselves 5 points and the overall lead.

Union draws within one game of tying the all-time ECAC record at 18-18-6, but never fear, RPI still holds a 45-24-10 overall record over the Dutchmen.

Everyone that submitted picks scored a point, but it was a fairly low-scoring "week."

Congratulations go to GRussinko, hawthr, lugnut92, REDaero91, and TuteScrooge who all got a bonus point after scoring three points. Laliberte was the only eligible Engineer to register a point (FlagDUDE08, GRussinko, hawthr, and Ralph Baer).

cnor and MavHockey (neither of whom submitted picks Just kidding!) were still able to hold onto first and second place overall, while the gap between them and the rest of the pack narrowed considerably.

Results! (and link (updated with Weeks 6 and 7 data))
    3 + 1 points
    GRussinko
    hawthr
    lugnut92
    REDaero91
    TuteScrooge

2 points
    burgie12
    cnor79
    mackek2
    Ralph Baer
    RHamilton

1 point
    FlagDUDE08
    RKarger
    RPIHFH
    vizoroo
    This is the second week in a row that I made a submission and was not included in the recap. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't done all that well in those weeks, but shouldn't I still be included?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

RPI-JL
      RIT Adam Mitchell
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Happy T-Day Engineers!

RIT's Madolora with a feature on USCHO. Is that like the cover of Sports Illustrated Jinx? And what's with the 5 game NCAA suspension?
        Maldolora was suspended for a clerical error regarding his eligibility from when he was a freshman. He moved around a lot when he was younger so some of his transcripts were supposedly off or something like that. He originally sat out a year to make sure everything was ok before he played. Everything was cleared so he played for 2 years and then this year some error was found so he was suspended for 5 games because that is how many he played his freshman year, which includes the 2 and half minutes he played in the national semi against Wisconsin. The thing that annoyed Tiger fans was why was this brought up two years late when supposedly everything was fine before he played. It is just another example of how the NCAA sucks.
        RIT Tigers
        Boston Bruins

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          This is the second week in a row that I made a submission and was not included in the recap. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't done all that well in those weeks, but shouldn't I still be included?
          It's not the second week in a row, but it is the second weekend that I've forgotten to include you (vs CC and against Union).

I'm really sorry about that. I'll go back through the thread before the game tomorrow and make sure everything's up to date and I haven't missed any other picks.

I hope everyone enjoys their holidays and I hope we can all see a breakout offensive performance by the Engineers!
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

It's not the second week in a row, but it is the second weekend that I've forgotten to include you (vs CC and against Union).

I'm really sorry about that. I'll go back through the thread before the game tomorrow and make sure everything's up to date and I haven't missed any other picks.

I hope everyone enjoys their holidays and I hope we can all see a breakout offensive performance by the Engineers!
            Thanks, you ususally do such a great job that I thought I was doing something wrong.
            Keep up the good work.
            Benjamin Franklin
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Thanks, you ususally do such a great job that I thought I was doing something wrong.
              Keep up the good work.
              So, I re-updated my spreadsheet. You were the only poster I was missing picks from (I don't know how that happened). You didn't score a point against Colorado College, but you did get one point from the game vs Union. I've changed it in my spreadsheet and the "Standings" spreadsheet will be updated with your new point total when I calculate the scores from tonight's game.

Again, I'm really sorry about that and I have no idea how I missed your picks (especially twice!).

RPI - Pat Koudys
              RIT - Adam Mitchell
              Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Again, I'm really sorry about that and I have no idea how I missed your picks (especially twice!).
                You're just doing it so taht I don't feel bad when I credit the wrong poster for starting a game thread or get a recruit's stats wrong.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Schroeder/Spivak

Thanks, Burgie, for having my back...

Comment

RPI: Mike Bergin
                    RIT:Adam Hartley
                    Lets go RED!!
                    And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

RPI: Diebold
                      RIT: McGowan
                      APBWiki

Comment

Woohoo! Diebold with the start! That being said, I think I'm still going to hedge this one.

RPI: Diebold
                        RIT: Madolora (will try to edit this close to game time if he's not starting).
                        RPI Class of 2012
                        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

• Madolora is starting
                          Go Red!!

Comment

RPI: Schroeder
                            RIT: Colavecchia

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Madolora is starting
                              Thanks, I'll keep the pick as is then.
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Nolan Desc... something (#2) is a scratch. I know that somebody has him as a pick. Hopefully you can see this before the game starts.
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X