• Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pick to Click - 2011-12

Originally posted by TuteScrooge View Post
    RPI: CJ Lee
    Union: Josh Jooris
    Looks familiar
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

RPI: Zach Schroeder
      Union: Wayne Simpson

Comment

RPI Rabbani
        Union Novak
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Neal is still out

There have only been 9 posters who have put up picks (well, 10 when I submit mine). That means there are a lot of people who still haven't put in their choices. You should do that.

RPI - Patrick Cullen
          Trimesters are way cooler than semesters - Jeremy Welsh
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RPI: Laliberte
            Union: Welsh
            APBWiki

Comment

RPI: AAG
              Better than U: Jeremy Welsh
              Lets go RED!!
              And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Bumpity bump bump.

1.5 hours. Linecharts are posted.
                RPI
                Union
                Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

RPI: O'Grady
                  Union: Coburn
                  RPI Class of 2012
                  Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Schroeder
                    Welsh
                    Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

Well, that was... embarrassing. Especially for those of us that were considering picking Carr, but decided to take the "safe pick" in Welsh and cost themselves 5 points and the overall lead.

Union draws within one game of tying the all-time ECAC record at 18-18-6, but never fear, RPI still holds a 45-24-10 overall record over the Dutchmen.

Everyone that submitted picks scored a point, but it was a fairly low-scoring "week."

Congratulations go to GRussinko, hawthr, lugnut92, REDaero91, and TuteScrooge who all got a bonus point after scoring three points. Laliberte was the only eligible Engineer to register a point (FlagDUDE08, GRussinko, hawthr, and Ralph Baer).

cnor and MavHockey (neither of whom submitted picks Just kidding!) were still able to hold onto first and second place overall, while the gap between them and the rest of the pack narrowed considerably.

Results! (and link (updated with Weeks 6 and 7 data))
                      3 + 1 points
                      GRussinko
                      hawthr
                      lugnut92
                      REDaero91
                      TuteScrooge

2 points
                      burgie12
                      cnor79
                      mackek2
                      Ralph Baer
                      RHamilton

1 point
                      FlagDUDE08
                      RKarger
                      RPIHFH
                      vizoroo
                      Last edited by burgie12; 11-18-2011, 02:15 PM. Reason: just kidding. cnor did submit picks
                      Go Red!!

Comment

Link back to the title post with details on scoring

The Engineers have some time off before heading down I-90 to take on their (mostly) like-minded, similarly-named brethren.

The Tigers (Tiggers is reserved as a derogatory term and I do not have any animosity towards my hometown team) are hosting a pair of games against the Crusaders before the Engineers come into town.

The list of players that you cannot choose for RIT is not set yet. Again, you are free to put down whatever picks you want, but it is your responsibility to check this list / CHS's team statistics after Saturday's game is complete to make sure that your RIT choice is still eligible.

On a completely off-topic note, RIT is playing Holy Cross, RPI, and UConn in five consecutive games. All three teams have been linked as possible twelfth members of Hockey East. Coincidence? I think not! (Obviously kidding.)

Oh, and a quick injury notification: Bryan Potts (leading goalscorer, third-leading scorer) is injured and will not be returning for at least two months. So, I would suggest not picking him.

You may not choose the following players for this weekend:
                        Rensselaer:
                        F - Ryan Haggerty
                        D - Nick Bailen

RIT:
                        F - Cameron Burt
                        D - Chris Haltigin

Statistics / Rosters:
                        Rensselaer: Statistics | Roster
                        RIT: Statistics | Roster
                        Last edited by burgie12; 11-21-2011, 12:06 PM. Reason: RIT's ineligible players; Haltigin is spelled with two i's, not an i and an a
                        Go Red!!

Comment

RPI ENGINEERS: C.J. LEE *skrrrrtch*C.J. LEE C.J. LEE C.J. LEE C.J. LEE C.J. LEE
                          Rochester Polytechnic Institute: Nolan Descoteaux
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                            cnor and MavHockey (neither of whom submitted picks) were still able to hold onto first and second place overall, while the gap between them and the rest of the pack narrowed considerably.
                            Liar! I submitted picks! What do you think these are:
                            Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
                            RPI: AAG
                            Better than U: Jeremy Welsh
                            Lets go RED!!
                            And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
                              Liar! I submitted picks! What do you think these are:
                              Just trying to see if you're paying attention!

The sad part is that I remember seeing your picks and smirking at the team name you used for Union. But then I totally forgot to document them in my spreadsheet.

Points have been credited and the spreadsheet has been updated. That means you now have a 3-point lead over second, but the lead over third stays at 4 points.
                              Go Red!!

Comment

I've updated this post with the list of RIT's ineligible players. So, have at it.

lugnut, your picks are still good.

Everyone else, I expect your picks in by Friday.
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X