double standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double standard?

when the teams left the CHA no one got mad at bemidiji state,Air force,RM or Sacred heart for leaving UAH hang out to dry. Infact we all praised Bemidiji state for looking out for there program and moving to the WCHA. However when the big schools like Wisconsin look out for there program there considered evil because there not doing "what best for college hockey".Why such a double standard?

Re: double standard?

No auto bid. Christ, is there a dumber poster on here?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's funny, I thought that the CCHA as a whole got roundly skewered (by me included) on these boards for not accepting Huntsville.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Sacred Heart? I guess it was all their fault.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll try to play nice:

No one got mad at RMU or Niagara when they were accepted to AHA (Jan 29, '09) or BSU when they were accepted to the WCHA (June '09) because when they "left UAH hang out to dry," the CHA had already voted to disband! (Jan 8, '09).
          Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
          B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
          CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
          ECAC:
          HEA: UMass
          NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
          Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by gophfan View Post
            when the teams left the CHA no one got mad at bemidiji state,Air force,RM or Sacred heart for leaving UAH hang out to dry. Infact we all praised Bemidiji state for looking out for there program and moving to the WCHA. However when the big schools like Wisconsin look out for there program there considered evil because there not doing "what best for college hockey".Why such a double standard?
            "There," "they're," and "their" are three different words. Please learn to use them so your posts are actually readable.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              "There," "they're," and "their" are three different words. Please learn to use them so your posts are actually readable.
              Seriously? You decided to post on here, just to tear apart someones grammer?

Double standard? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
                Seriously? You decided to post on here, just to tear apart someones grammer?

Double standard? Yes.
                How else did we get through one of those really stupid threads a few weeks ago? Grammar lessons were the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Sacred Heart? I guess it was all their fault.
                  I guess you can break up a conference by not ever being a member.

...Maybe the real reason the CHA broke up was because they INVITED Sacred Heart.
                  UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

not that proper grammar would make his posts readable anyways...
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Trying to address the question asked, rather than criticize the person posting, which is all too common on here...

I think the answer has a lot to do with "ability to pay." It's not a double standard per se, it's a different standard. Bigger schools are expected to carry a heavier load for "the good of college hockey" because they can. Sort of similar to President Obama's entreaty for the rich to "pay their fair share." (For the record, I personally think the two are very different, which is why I support the President and the NCHC). But what I get from discussions in the other threads is that there is a sense, mostly among the smaller schools, that the bigger schools have a higher burden.

So yes, I suppose it is a double standard. It's also a reasonable position. Just not one I agree with.

I don't believe the concept of the "greater good" extends to college athletics, at least not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
                        I don't believe the concept of the "greater good" extends to college athletics, at least not anymore.
                        No $hit.

Comment

You're expecting some Goofer Slappy to be able to use Grammar??

CHA was dying on the vine. They have schools like Findlay and Wayne State fold up shop on them. Air Force outright left them. It was all a bunch of small schools trying to be D1 programs that were getting killed with having to put up with the travel costs of having to go from Huntsville, to Bemidji, to Buffalo and Pittsburgh, and not a whole lot of other points in between.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Given the amount of spelling you gopher fans do, albeit not quite as much as in previous years, i would think spelling Bemidji would be a simple task. I stand corrected.

B-E-M-I-D-I-J-I BE-MID-I-JI BE-MID-I-JI GO BE-AVE-ERER-SERS ?

Also I believe you spelled Niagara incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
                              Given the amount of spelling you gopher fans do, albeit not quite as much as in previous years, i would think spelling Bemidji would be a simple task. I stand corrected.

B-E-M-I-D-I-J-I BE-MID-I-JI BE-MID-I-JI GO BE-AVE-ERER-SERS ?

Also I believe you spelled Niagara incorrectly.
                              Just because we can spell our own name doesn't mean we have to know how to spell brrrmidji. Ok, well some of us do know how so please do not put the rest of the Gopher fans in the same boat as "gophfan".
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X